Options
    Oh boy. I didn't intend to start an argument with my question! :s
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    CarrieCans wrote: »
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Like for instance dont you lose fat on a low carb because you enter ketosis and your likely less to eat into a surplus because your appetite will be decreased due to lack of carbs???

Low Carb Land is full of people who gain weight by caloric surplus because they have the completely mistaken notion that ketosis is a Harry Potter spell that prevents over-eating.

Which it's not.

OD on caffeine. You look really wired in your photo. :)

You look like coconut oil is half your daily calories.

No 80%.

You said earlier that you eat 720 calories of coconut oil. If coconut oil was 80% of your diet you would only be eating 900 calories a day.

BS!
    CarrieCans wrote: »
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    Like for instance dont you lose fat on a low carb because you enter ketosis and your likely less to eat into a surplus because your appetite will be decreased due to lack of carbs???

Low Carb Land is full of people who gain weight by caloric surplus because they have the completely mistaken notion that ketosis is a Harry Potter spell that prevents over-eating.

Which it's not.

OD on caffeine. You look really wired in your photo. :)

You look like coconut oil is half your daily calories.

No 80%.

You said earlier that you eat 720 calories of coconut oil. If coconut oil was 80% of your diet you would only be eating 900 calories a day.

BS!

But the day is not over in my part of the world yet. :)

In another conversation I was telling a person that I had drank 720 calories of coconut oil today. Since then I have had some twinges of pain in my elbow and hands. Before I go walking I may ingest another 250 calories.

If you will reread that post I think you will see where up until now I have been ingesting about 2000 calories a day of coconut oil. I am ready to start trying to lose weight now unlike the past four months when my focus was only pain management with a new diet.

My goal has been 5% Carb, 15% Protein and 80% Fat
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    2000 calories per day with 75g of protein and you're adding heaps of muscle huh Gale? Lol.
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    2000 calories per day with 75g of protein and you're adding heaps of muscle huh Gale? Lol.

I will have to confess I have added less than 50 pounds of muscles on that ratio.

• LolBroScience
    Options

I will have to confess I have added less than .05 pounds of muscles on that ratio.

Fixed it for you.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

I will have to confess I have added less than 50 pounds of muscles on that ratio.

Less than 50 pounds? So it could be one pound of 49 pounds?

I worked hard on a hypertrophy program, under the direction of an experienced trainer, during a bulk with a highly tested macro ratio and gained 12 pounds of muscle in the last 12 months. Even a male at the prime of his testosterone levels (which you are not) is only capable of gaining a maximum of 4 pounds per month (generally gains 2-3 pounds per month) without steroid use and on a progressive overload program training 5-6 days a week.
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    paragraphs?

For reals!
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

I worked hard on a hypertrophy program, under the direction of an experienced trainer, during a bulk with a highly tested macro ratio and gained 12 pounds of muscle in the last 12 months. Even a male at the prime of his testosterone levels (which you are not) is only capable of gaining a maximum of 4 pounds per month (generally gains 2-3 pounds per month) without steroid use and on a progressive overload program training 5-6 days a week.

Wow! Does not look so well in the testosterone levels you think? How many pounds of muscle handicap will that give me?

• usmcmp
    edited December 2014
    Options

Wow! Does not look so well in the testosterone levels you think? How many pounds of muscle handicap will that give me?

Well, you're on a deficit. If you lift weights several days a week you'll probably maintain most of your lean mass versus losing roughly 25% of your weight as lean mass (you'll lose somewhere closer to 5%, possibly 10% with low T). Since you are on a deficit, if you are lifting you could gain some strength, but you will not be gaining lean mass (myofibrillar versus sarcoplasmic hypertrophy).
  • GaleHawkins
    Options

Well, you're on a deficit. If you lift weights several days a week you'll probably maintain most of your lean mass versus losing roughly 25% of your weight as lean mass (you'll lose somewhere closer to 5%, possibly 10% with low T). Since you are on a deficit, if you are lifting you could gain some strength, but you will not be gaining lean mass.

The question was how many pounds of muscle handicap with that give me?

• LolBroScience
    Options

Well, you're on a deficit. If you lift weights several days a week you'll probably maintain most of your lean mass versus losing roughly 25% of your weight as lean mass (you'll lose somewhere closer to 5%, possibly 10% with low T). Since you are on a deficit, if you are lifting you could gain some strength, but you will not be gaining lean mass.

That's a very difficult question to answer since everyone is different. You're kind of missing the big picture though.
  • usmcmp
    Options

It depends. It depends on your lifting program. It depends on your macros. It depends on your calorie intake versus your calorie use. It depends on how low your testosterone is. There are many factors to gaining muscle, so focusing on your low T is missing the rest of the equation.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    You are letting him troll you.
  • usmcmp
    Options

I don't answer for his sake. I answer for the lurkers. I don't really care if he eats 80% fat and thinks he's gaining muscle going for his daily walks. I often get messages from lurkers because of these types of discussions.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I was lurking and have a question. Is the coconut oil drunk in a cup or downed in a shot glass, and hiw many ounces/shots is that? Oh, one more question after visiting the loo does it smell like coconuts?

#coffeepee #asparaguspee #pineappleconsumption
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i may be stepping in it here, but why consume that much fat?

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I was lurking and have a question. Is the coconut oil drunk in a cup or downed in a shot glass, and hiw many ounces/shots is that? Oh, one more question after visiting the loo does it smell like coconuts?

when I've taken it I scoop out a teaspoon and eat it straight off the spoon. Coconut oil comes in solid form, unless you melt it.

• GaleHawkins
    Options

If I am not rushed for time I will melt about 2-4 tablespoons in like coffee, 100% cocoa or green tea and drink it.

Remember all my dieting effort up to this point has been for pain control. You can not drink, eat or otherwise consume 2000 calories of coconut oil and lose much if any weight. By the same token I have not been able to over eat on only Fat and Protein and gain weight either.

On your last question I am too stiff from the arthritis to bend over and stick my head into the loo to take a sniff. You may report on at if you decide to so use coconut oil.

I do not tell others to use coconut oil or another other food. I did not start with a low dosage and learned about the Herxheimer reaction in real life in real time. :(

https://chronicillnessrecovery.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=161
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Yup, the new steve account is refining their trolling a touch.