TRX CLASS

Options
So i was wondering if anyone had an idea how many calories a trx class wouold burn???
Currently i enter it as yoga and add a few minutes to the time. But would really like more info.
Thanks ps cant afford a hrm or would do that

Replies

• redmessenger
    redmessenger Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you have a heart rate monitor you can get exactly the calorie burn.
  • shipleyd
    shipleyd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    When I take a 45 minute TRX class i range from 350-400 cals (according to my HRM), Hope this helps!
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Whats TRX???
  • wendyleach
    wendyleach Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thank you that does help ive been putting about 200 for 30 mins so thank you
  • wendyleach
    wendyleach Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    They are bands that come down from the ceiling so u use your own body weight as resistance. pretty fun. try your local gym
  • shipleyd
    shipleyd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    http://www.trxtraining.com/ - Born in the U.S. Navy SEALS and developed by Fitness Anywhere®, Suspension Training® is a revolutionary method of leveraged bodyweight exercise.

You use a strap and your own body weight to do different exercises. One of the best workouts every and sooo much better then going to multiply machines at the gym.
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I want to try that! My gym doesnt have it. :(
  • amybeth68
    amybeth68 Posts: 4
    Options
    I teach TRX classes both interval with jump ropes which burns a BUNCH of calories (500 - 600) and also just straight TRX circuit training which tends to burn around 200 calories (on average) per 30 minutes. Hope this helps :).
  • mwalden5
    Options
    Hope you can enter it into the myfitnesspal data base. I have the same question and have no clue as to what I should enter
  • KittyCDoll
    KittyCDoll Posts: 5
    Options
    I heard it is between 180-266 cals depending on your body weight.
  • KittyCDoll
    Options
    Me too, I have that same problem trying to calculate how many calories I burned during a TRX class.