Married to a junk food junkie

Options

Replies

• chunt87
    chunt87 Posts: 161 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have a feeling that this thread on the forums is just gonna keep going downhill because some people (men) must be bitter af.

Ladies thank you for the constructive answers and ideas. And some healthy venting. The healthy sirracha meatloaf was a hit that I got the idea from the turkey one posted on here was a great success and I will try some of the others too.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    chunt87 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that this thread on the forums is just gonna keep going downhill because some people (men) must be bitter af.

Ladies thank you for the constructive answers and ideas. And some healthy venting. The healthy sirracha meatloaf was a hit that I got the idea from the turkey one posted on here was a great success and I will try some of the others too.

Yep. The people who disagreed are all just bitter, woman-hating men who promote rape culture and patriarchy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=exDL-DAdrvQ
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Says person who posts bitter thread about someone not doing things in a manner they want.

totes legit.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    RivenV wrote: »

Yep. The people who disagreed are all just bitter, woman-hating men who promote rape culture and patriarchy.

heh
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    Make stuff he likes and you eat a smaller portion to make it healthy/less caloric. If you want to eat the same things, someone has got to budge - is he on a diet? If not, then you should budge, imo, or just eat different things at dinner time.

why should she be the one to budge? that sounds ridiculous. she is the one putting the effort in to make the meals. it doesnt sound like hes giving her any input to help her make something he would enjoy when she asks. if he doesn't like the food, he can make his own.

It sounds ridiculous because you ignored a major premise:

Desires husband to like what she makes for dinner. (i.e. not doctor her cooked meal with salt, turn it into a sandwich, etc.)

Presumably she doesn't want to prepare 2 meals. She wants her husband to like what she cooks.

She didn't ask for marital advice or for anyone's opinions on her husband and her marital roles.

• spulia1
    spulia1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Says person who posts bitter thread about someone not doing things in a manner they want.

totes legit.

Man, way to just totally prove her point.
  • dbmata
    Options
    spulia1 wrote: »

totes legit.

Man, way to just totally prove her point.
    It's like the knights who say ni.

"He said IT again!"
  • dbmata
    Options

Lady, I know you've not been around a bit, but check this out.

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

I have a vag, am not bitter, and I agree with everyone saying let him eat the sandwich.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    He is a grownup, let him eat what he wants and stop caring about it.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options

I'm a woman and my answers have pretty much been on par with those given by men. You just seem to not want to listen to everyone's comments, namely the ones that are telling you to stop trying to force your husband into eating things that he either doesn't want to eat or that don't taste good.

To be honest I'd probably join your husband in that sandwich too if you are being so restrictive as to what is acceptably healthy. I'm making macaroni casserole right now actually for late lunch. I put 86g of cheddar cheese on that ish, and it's a 640 calorie single serving meal.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I find the OP's username interesting. Is this a way we can bypass the cuss filter?
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I find the OP's username interesting. Is this a way we can bypass the cuss filter?

I thought I was the only one who noticed.

Although, more likely it's her first initial, plus her last name, plus the year she was born.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    oh i got flagged!!!

woot woot!!! Made my Tuesday- although- i'm really confused why!

I think it's because you used the F-word.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Jeez. This is ridiculous.

Plenty of people, women AND men, are bitter. Not one response here has been the result of said bitterness.

You need to lighten up, Francis.

• chunt87
    chunt87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

Although, more likely it's her first initial, plus her last name, plus the year she was born.

Yes.

Make stuff he likes and you eat a smaller portion to make it healthy/less caloric. If you want to eat the same things, someone has got to budge - is he on a diet? If not, then you should budge, imo, or just eat different things at dinner time.

why should she be the one to budge? that sounds ridiculous. she is the one putting the effort in to make the meals. it doesnt sound like hes giving her any input to help her make something he would enjoy when she asks. if he doesn't like the food, he can make his own.

Desires husband to like what she makes for dinner. (i.e. not doctor her cooked meal with salt, turn it into a sandwich, etc.)

Presumably she doesn't want to prepare 2 meals. She wants her husband to like what she cooks.

She didn't ask for marital advice or for anyone's opinions on her husband and her marital roles.

And this. Ana you put up a recipe for a lasagna that looked good. He can eat whatever he wants but I would like to find healthy things he may also enjoy. This is adventagous because I also don't want to have a crazy grocery bill every month. I talk with him all the time about the dinner issues but get wishy washy gray area answers.

So I thought foolishly OK others on the site probably have good ideas for recipes for picky eaters so I asked and got responses everywhere from constructive to omg to divorce him, you're fat etc etc. I have a thyroid gland disorder and am trying to prevent that from happening. I just wanted food ideas to try because sometimes some recipes do just suck.

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

As opposed to the complete lack of bitterness in your comment....

B)
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Eating healthier foods will take some getting used to. Make sure to season your food properly, if you aren't already doing it, because healthy doesn't have to mean bland. It is much easier to adjust to healthy food when it has good flavors than when it's bland like the frozen dinners they sell at the store.

Your husband can make his own food if he doesn't like it. He's a grown man, not a toddler who needs his own separate meals made for him.

Also keep in mind that thin doesn't necessarily mean healthy. Eating too much of certain kinds of foods (fast food, pizza, lots of sugar, not eating fruits or veggies) will eventually catch up with someone. So it's always best to eat healthier when possible. The younger you start, the easier it will be to adjust and the lower your chances will be for serious health problems (heart attack, type 2 diabetes).
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options

Yes.

And this. Ana you put up a recipe for a lasagna that looked good. He can eat whatever he wants but I would like to find healthy things he may also enjoy. This is adventagous because I also don't want to have a crazy grocery bill every month. I talk with him all the time about the dinner issues but get wishy washy gray area answers.

So I thought foolishly OK others on the site probably have good ideas for recipes for picky eaters so I asked and got responses everywhere from constructive to omg to divorce him, you're fat etc etc. I have a thyroid gland disorder and am trying to prevent that from happening. I just wanted food ideas to try because sometimes some recipes do just suck.

It was actually macaroni casserole, but I do make lasagna similarly (just with actual meat sauce!), although that's not important.

Then ask him specifically what dinners he wants. Or making individual meals is fine and won't increase your grocery bill unless you make so much that it goes bad. In which case either freeze it or make less.

I'm guessing he isn't picky, he just doesn't enjoy eating things that are bland or that aren't foods he likes. I don't like papaya, so I wouldn't eat a fruit salad with papaya in it. Does that make me picky? No.

You are either maintaining your weight now or trying to lose. In either case it's all about proper caloric intake. You can eat "unhealthy" and still lose weight or maintain. So perhaps if you wanted to make that mac and cheese tonight, make it normally and just add some veggies and meat in there. You don't need to turn mac and cheese into broccoli and cheese. I'm pretty sure if someone said "hey I'm making spaghetti tonight!" and I basically saw tomato soup on the table, I'd go and make my own food too.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Misandry at its finest. Strange, since your original post paints you as the woman with the useless husband, home all day, doing nothing...or, maybe not strange at all.