Any women out there have mixed feelings about losing curves?

Replies

• maria0elisa
    maria0elisa Posts: 199 Member
    amy0louise wrote: »
    I have lost almost only weight from my boobs. They're disappearing into oblivion, quite literally. Positive = I didn't buy new bras when I had got bigger, so even my partner notices my bras fit again (the dreaded 4boobs are gone). But, I am now struggling to fill the bras. And that is upsetting because I'm a pear and my *kitten* and hips are definitely not shrinking :(
    I suspect this might be a temporary stage and that your bottom half will soon come into line :)

I sure as heck hope so! :) I was a pear at the best of times, now it's just worse! But you know. 6 weeks ago I wasn't losing anything. So swings and roundabouts. It's at least coming off. We simply can't choose where we lose it, so much as it's frustrating, can't do anything about it :)

Yep, true that! I'm nearly switching to maintenance and my stomach is STILL not quite how I'd like it haha ;)
    on the plus side though, definitely noticed by bum is a LOT curvier and perkier from running/squats/leg lifts etc. Sooo you lose some curves and gain others? ;)
  • maria0elisa
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    If my boobs go below a D cup I'm stopping

LOL
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    I was surprised just how many of my 'curves' I lost. Turned out they were just fat after all! My build is more athletic than I had imagined. I'm fine with that. I have a healthy BMI and I can run for miles and lift heavy stuff - none of which seemed possible 13 months ago. :)
  • DarbiB
    DarbiB Posts: 88 Member
    Yeah...I'm losing my boobs as well. Its kind of a bummer going from a DD to a C (so far). My butt looks like its here to stay however. As I'm losing, its turning out that I'm more pear-shaped than I had thought!

Its making exercise easier though. I don't have to wear 2 sports bras any more! Cut way way down on laundry, so thats a bonus.
  • maria0elisa
    DarbiB wrote: »
    Yeah...I'm losing my boobs as well. Its kind of a bummer going from a DD to a C (so far). My butt looks like its here to stay however. As I'm losing, its turning out that I'm more pear-shaped than I had thought!

Its making exercise easier though. I don't have to wear 2 sports bras any more! Cut way way down on laundry, so thats a bonus.
    it's kind of nice to discover your 'real' shape isn't it?! haha
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    My bust has gone from a 36DD to a 32D, which is fine, except that I really love my boobs. My waist/hip ratio has stayed fine with my waist going down along with everything else, but my biggest change as been that my behind is disappearing. I'm squatting and lunging for all I'm worth trying to make sure that as much of my behind stays behind me as possible. :neutral_face: I'm at 36.5/27.5/37.5. I want to get to a tight 36/24/36, so I need to get to work on tightening waist and obliques.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    I'm noticing a shape change and still have curves after losing 40 pounds with another 30 to go. But I look at it as - this is my true shape, and it is healthy. Fat "curves" are not healthy. I am finding more inner strength in my ability to run, jump, climb and crawl then I ever did in my "curves".
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    are you asking girls who are losing weight or getting fit?
  • meagankrkr
    meagankrkr Posts: 35 Member
    I think about this a lot! I don't want to lose either, but of course my health is more important. I just REALLY hope everything stays proportionate so even if they do get smaller, they'll still be big compared to my size. Does that make sense? Lol
  • sassysniper
    sassysniper Posts: 156 Member
    pap3rw1ngs wrote: »
    I'm actually praying for my breasts to shrink! 50lbs down and I've gone from a 38H to a 36GG (UK sizes) and I'm really hoping a lot more will come off with the next 30-40lbs.

I have NEVER lost a cup size. Ever! So I'm right there praying with ya! No matter how much I weigh, I'm a DDD. My sis loses cup sizes when she loses weight and gains cup sizes when she gains weight. I just don't know how that works. My mom is like me. Maybe it's a genetic thing, but other than going under the knife, I'm not getting rid of these.

Also, to the OP, my booty is tiny, and I can't do squats because of health problems. Know how you feel. It's a strange feeling but I'm happy to be smaller.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I didn't lose any curves. In fact my waist got smaller and I have more now. The curves are also firmer and are not going anywhere. ;-)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    When I lose, the curves go too! The boobs absolutely lose first. Freaking amazing! I have a athletic body (like a sprinter) so the curves really are holding the rest of my body. When they go, I sort work toward stick figure with large thighs and medium butt..

• Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    I had too much outward curves 50lbs ago, and now I have those same outward curves, just smaller ones, plus an actual inward curve at the waist, so I'm pretty happy to keep going.
  • Ruzuki
    Ruzuki Posts: 136 Member
    I want to lose my butt and bust. =/ I personally like the thin flat look.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    mitch16 wrote: »
    I wasn't really sad about losing curves because I was gaining muscle definition and hipbones!

However, one bizarre thing is that with this last push to my goal weight (I'm within 5 lbs), all of the sudden I am losing my breasts--and that's making me a bit sad. When I was younger I was quite thin and always had large breasts... I guess my body has decided that I really don't need them anymore (I'll be 45 next month, so my childbearing years are coming to a close) because 15 lbs ago I was wearing a size 32F bra and now I am in a 32C. If I weren't so afraid of the pain of surgery and recovery I'd probably be seriously considering implants at this stage. On the upside I guess I might actually be able to have a normal golf swing now.

On the bright side, 32C bras are much easier to find than 32Fs.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    The area between my neck and my knees not being a totally squishy mess is worth the loss of any perceived "curves" I have. What I have is NOT curves, it's squish, and it's not good looking. :noway:
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    mitch16 wrote: »
    I wasn't really sad about losing curves because I was gaining muscle definition and hipbones!

However, one bizarre thing is that with this last push to my goal weight (I'm within 5 lbs), all of the sudden I am losing my breasts--and that's making me a bit sad. When I was younger I was quite thin and always had large breasts... I guess my body has decided that I really don't need them anymore (I'll be 45 next month, so my childbearing years are coming to a close) because 15 lbs ago I was wearing a size 32F bra and now I am in a 32C. If I weren't so afraid of the pain of surgery and recovery I'd probably be seriously considering implants at this stage. On the upside I guess I might actually be able to have a normal golf swing now.

what is wrong with 32c's? that seems like the perfect size.
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    when you're used to being average or big, C cups seem very small. i would be devastated if i went below DD because i've been that big or larger since i was 15. when i lose weight i will likely still need a reduction because i'm a 38JJ (UK size, which is something like a US38M), but if i lose too much i'll just try to have them lifted not reduced.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    mykaylis wrote: »
    when you're used to being average or big, C cups seem very small. i would be devastated if i went below DD because i've been that big or larger since i was 15. when i lose weight i will likely still need a reduction because i'm a 38JJ (UK size, which is something like a US38M), but if i lose too much i'll just try to have them lifted not reduced.

but for normal weight people C is not small. seems ridiculous to me to worry about going below DD. If you're not overweight, that is too big.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    edited December 2014
    pap3rw1ngs wrote: »
    I'm actually praying for my breasts to shrink! 50lbs down and I've gone from a 38H to a 36GG (UK sizes) and I'm really hoping a lot more will come off with the next 30-40lbs.

Really? When I dropped weight too quickly, I went down to a 32E/F and was distraught. When I was injured and regained weight I went up to a 36H. They look much better now, to be honest. I hope a slow loss will keep me at a 32G/H when all is said and done.