Ladies.... do you exercise during your period?

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes.
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    Um, yeah. I lift 4x/week and box or do yoga or something on the other days. Every week. Working out helps with my loating and cramps.

^^ Exactly this....this is my schedule too. Matter of fact, I'm heading out to kickboxing shortly for my lunch hour and it's "that" week...actually makes me feel better. :)

• loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    I do unless my blood pressure drops too low. It has the tendency to do that during and it's hard for me to work out when it's 80/48. But, I still try anyway!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Yup. I feel better if I'm up and moving, not sitting around feeling sorry for myself. If I need to lighten up a bit I will, but I still make sure I get some sort of exercise.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Yes, actually, it helps me feel better and lessen cramps, too.

Another note: If you're exhausted every month when you get yours, it could be a sign of low iron. Check with your doctor, get a blood test.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Of course.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited December 2014
    of course.. and it actually does lessen any cramping or bleugh feeling.
  • sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    My cramps are pretty severe the first couple of days. So yoga and stretching for me.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Yes, it helps with cramps and stress (which helps me not get so moody.) I tend to never want to drink enough water during that time so it's good to make myself get thirsty too.
  • Might want to see your doctor if you have debilitating cramps for a whole week.
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member
    Definitely yes! It makes it way more bearable when I get a great workout in.
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Ladies,

I was wondering, do you exercise during your period?

I tend not to as I feel very bloated and heavy with cramps and sometimes just don't want to move at all, especially when my period pains are really bad.

But that means 5 days (nearly a week) of no weight loss.

Thanks

Of course; don't want to interrupt any plans!

If you experience pain and cramping then the exercise should help it.. followed by a long hot bath!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2014
    With the rare exception of one day, yes. It helps.
    And yes, if you have debilitating pain for a week a month, you might want to see a doctor.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    I have endometriosis so the first two days are extremely painful for me. But after that, I'm good to go.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Yes. I tend to work out even harder during that time because it eases the bloating, which I tend to be up 10 lbs potentially. It makes me feel FAR better to get the water retention out.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Hell yeah, actually makes me feel a lot better.
  • juliedee20
    juliedee20 Posts: 44 Member
    I feel so horrible during the first couple of days it's everything I can do to exercise at all. Aside from the physical discomfort, I'm usually also kind of depressed for no reason at all which adds to my lack of desire to do anything. I usually end up just walking on the treadmill (3.5 mph) for about 30 mins during my lunch hour. At least it's something.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    ALWAYS. I try harder.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    and PMS is great for PR's!