Lost some weight, now potruding belly

Options
2»

Replies

• astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    so I tend not to talk about this because people just think I'm crazy, and I like to think I have a pretty good grasp on all this losing stuff...but, my stomach sometimes looks insane. I think it's just because I'm smaller now, that when I do bloat or eat too much, it's a lot more noticeable. Is your tummy changing look day to day or does it always look big?

Honestly sometimes I look in the mirror and am shocked, it's sticking out like I'm pregnant.

Me, too!!! I still have a ways to go but sometimes it looks like it's smaller and other times, due to bloating, it looks like I'm about to deliver. It usually happens if I eat too much gum or other gas-causing food. I hate that!!!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Stomach is definitely last to go for me too. Since the fat comes off unevenly around the body, it can make your stomach appear to stick out more when it actually is the same as (or maybe smaller than) before weight loss. Pulling it in and holding it, as you wrote, is actually good IMO because it helps train you to stand up nice and straight. If you keep doing it, you will find that it gets easier to do without thinking (becomes the norm rather than slouching.)

I agree with you about stomach appearing to stick out more even though it might not actually be bigger.
    By the way, what is IMO?

In my opinion.

• Juju1970
    Juju1970 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    For a while when I was first losing my pant size actually got bigger. As I lost body fat my tummy sort of moved up, closer to my waist and stopped hanging softly at my knees. As I got even smaller, the bulge went away.