How long do you fast?

Options
How long do you normally fast between your last food at night and your first of the next day?

Replies

• beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i never thought of it as a "fast" but 8pm last food. and i eat again at about 9:30am
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Depends on when I go to sleep. Usually 2 hours before that till 8 am.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I don't fast. I just don't eat food while I'm sleeping.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

+1
  • ana3067
    Options

+1

I mean, I'm sure I WOULD eat food while sleeping if I could. I've not yet learned how to master this skill.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Depends on when I go to bed. Usually I stop eating around 10 and then will probably not eat again until about noon the next day. Just what works for me.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I do not eat after 7:30 PM as I have digestive issues and it interferes with my sleep. The next morning I start with 2 large glasses of lemon water and will have either coffee or hot tea at work and then a couple of cups of homemade vegetable broth and fresh juices. I then eat my main meal around 11:00 AM which gives me energy for my afternoon workout. So, I go pretty long without actual food, but I do have nourishment and I don't get weak or hungry.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I have horrible insomnia, so I really stretch my calories out over a 24 hour period. Sometimes my last meal at night will be like 2am, then I'll eat again around 7am. Sometimes less time between sometimes more. Hasn't changed or stalled my weight loss so long as I stick with the numbers.
  • ana3067
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I do not eat after 7:30 PM as I have digestive issues and it interferes with my sleep. The next morning I start with 2 large glasses of lemon water and will have either coffee or hot tea at work and then a couple of cups of homemade vegetable broth and fresh juices. I then eat my main meal around 11:00 AM which gives me energy for my afternoon workout. So, I go pretty long without actual food, but I do have nourishment and I don't get weak or hungry.

JW why the lemon water in the AM? Is it to benefit digestion? I think the few times I've tried it it helped me poop better lol.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

I should alert the dictionary folks to change the name of breakfast, huh? :p
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    about 6 or 7 hours - I don't sleep much
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    InForBacon wrote: »
    Depends on when I go to bed. Usually I stop eating around 10 and then will probably not eat again until about noon the next day. Just what works for me.

This is similar to me, though it's often 1:00 - 2:00 before I get hungry and have lunch. Or would it be breakfast? I call it lunch.
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    14 - 16 hours per day (I.F. FTW)
  • carriecarrio
    carriecarrio Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    10-12 hours
  • zSandman
    zSandman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    10-12 hrs normally. If I'm doing IF, 16.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Fast 18 - 20 hours. I work out fasted as well. I eat between 12 (or 1 p.m.) till 5:00 p.m.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Usually eat dinner around 8:30/9:00 PM and I eat my breakfast around 8:00/8:30 AM the next day. So close to 12 hours or so.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Until i breakfast! Get it? .... Anyone..?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    HAHAH break fast! And you are correct... you break the fast...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    Until i breakfast! Get it? .... Anyone..?
    6qllac7y0chr.gif

From my evening snack until I eat the next day is about 15 hours.