Ladies.... do you exercise during your period?

Options

Replies

• helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I used to, now that I had my ovary partially removed (cysts) it gives me an unbearable pain.
  • Nekrachael
    Nekrachael Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Totally. Even if it's just walking, I do it. Being outside in and of itself makes everything better. And if I feel like running after a few minutes, Great! I don't lift, and the resistance training I do doesn't seem hindered by any symptoms.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Unless you have debilitating cramps that leave you bedridden, there's no reason to not work out on your period. Women have been getting periods for a very long time - woman up, put in a tampon, and do what you gotta do.

QFT. It has never occurred to me to NOT workout, simply because I have my period. Pretty much the only time I don't workout is if I have a chest cold and am coughing up a lung (or if I have head congestion and I'm scheduled for a swim - no way am I putting my face underwater with sinus congestion) - and even then, I'll still do something like yoga. :)
  • DeAnna_DMBFan
    DeAnna_DMBFan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Always. "Aunt Flo" tends to be an over eater, so working off the extra calories keeps me from getting completely derailed.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I do. I don't get cramps. Never have.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Yes. I find that I feel better when I do and at least for me, the bleeding is not as bad.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    You can lose weight without exercising.

yes, but exercise helps your fitness level and actually helps tone you and make you look less flabby. I also get to eat more when I burn calories. lol
  • msstatz
    msstatz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

I was wondering, do you exercise during your period?

I tend not to as I feel very bloated and heavy with cramps and sometimes just don't want to move at all, especially when my period pains are really bad.

But that means 5 days (nearly a week) of no weight loss.

Thanks

Yes. Always.

• ems212
    ems212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I always walk during my period. I don't usually do any strength training, but walking helps with cramps.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • legallyblonde916
    legallyblonde916 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Of course I do.
  • Chls122
    Chls122 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

I was wondering, do you exercise during your period?

I tend not to as I feel very bloated and heavy with cramps and sometimes just don't want to move at all, especially when my period pains are really bad.

But that means 5 days (nearly a week) of no weight loss.

Thanks

Yes, I do not let that stop me, and I find that the bloating and the period cramps tend to subside during and afterward. I find that even though I wake up feeling like absolute crap if I get a good workout in, sweating like a pig I feel 1000x better the remainder of period.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    yes, however I have the occasional really crampy/floody day when I just don't effing feel like it, so I take those days off.
  • CharleneMarie723
    CharleneMarie723 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I normally do. But I sometimes will have diarrhea that time of the month so I try not to push myself too hard and couple that with runners' trots.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yes. Though sometimes something feels "wrong" for me because I have bad ones, and I'll just use it as a rest day. But I still get my 5 days a week of exercising/lifting no matter what.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Not the first 2-3 days. After that yeah.
  • rissaroow
    Options
    definitely! I run to get rid of the cramps, and I found it gets it over with quicker too
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Usually, yes, i keep exercising. I might take one day off if I am in a lot of pain, but luckily for me that doesn't happen every month.
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    only maybe the first day or so that my cramps are bad, but it's nothing advil can't handle.

have you thought about contraception? i'm on the generic "seasonique" so i only have my period once every three months and it's awwwwwwwesome. :) my last period was actually early october.
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I do more walking around that time.