Man advice please!

Options
2»

Replies

• kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    It sounds like he is married or committed to someone else.
  • Bonustools
    Bonustools Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    jmt08c wrote: »
    Just FYI I used to pull that phone trick too when I wasn't in a relationship-trust me it's not his guy friends calling and texting, it's all the other women he has thinking they're his main girl...

I used to be guilty of this behavior and I hated it about myself and a few other things it sounds like he's doing that I used to do. Believe me he is trouble. It goes beyond not wanting to let someone in, rather he's keeping you out.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    It sounds like he is married or committed to someone else.

committed to a starting five. OP just sounds like the star player so she gets more playing time.
  • laura2813
    laura2813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of guy friends and yes it is OK to keep this guy as a friend but make sure your kids know that this is just a friend relationship. Believe me.... I've been there!!!
    If he's that good of a friend I would keep him as a friend and keep him at arms length. Move on to someone that can commit to you and your kids and give you what you deserve. That doesn't mean shut him out by all means but it seems like you are settling for less than you want from someone.
    I've been in the exact same situation and my guy friend would do anything for me if I called and ask. I would do the same. I'm now married and since we kept this relationship as friends my husband and his girlfriend don't have issues with us chatting from time to time. PLEASE!!! Look for someone that can commit and give you what you deserve.
  • SexyHealthyFit175
    SexyHealthyFit175 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    laura2813 wrote: »
    I have a lot of guy friends and yes it is OK to keep this guy as a friend but make sure your kids know that this is just a friend relationship. Believe me.... I've been there!!!
    If he's that good of a friend I would keep him as a friend and keep him at arms length. Move on to someone that can commit to you and your kids and give you what you deserve. That doesn't mean shut him out by all means but it seems like you are settling for less than you want from someone.
    I've been in the exact same situation and my guy friend would do anything for me if I called and ask. I would do the same. I'm now married and since we kept this relationship as friends my husband and his girlfriend don't have issues with us chatting from time to time. PLEASE!!! Look for someone that can commit and give you what you deserve.

Thanks you, this was really good to read/hear. I appreciate it!
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Dump him. Find someone who WILL let you into his life.
  • richardositosanchez
    Options
    If he feels the need to hide things from you then that's a major red flag. This guy sounds shady to me. Dump him and move on.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I would say it's a lot of red flags. While it's true that he might not want just one thing, the fact that he's not opening up to you, and p much actively hiding things from you, makes me think he has things to hide. I'm sorry to say that, but it does sound shady. Whatever you decide to do, look out for yourself first!
  • SexyHealthyFit175
    Options
    I definitely will! Thabks everyone :)
  • SexyHealthyFit175
    Options
    Thanks I mean!
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    This guy sounds super lame.
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Here is my philosophy, and it's this simple: if you aren't getting what you want or need, leave. Life's too short to wonder. Throw him back.
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    By the thread title, I came in here expecting a question about big screen TVs or trucks or something. I was disappointed. That being said, I don't understand women. They say they want a "good man" or a "nice guy" but will follow around complete losers and think that deep inside there is something more. You are being played. You've known him for this long, he's always been that way. Either settle for being a booty call, or move on.
  • SexyHealthyFit175
    Options
    drgmac wrote: »
    Here is my philosophy, and it's this simple: if you aren't getting what you want or need, leave. Life's too short to wonder. Throw him back.

love it...thanks!!!!

It's been done :)

• SexyHealthyFit175
    Options
    synchrony7 wrote: »
    By the thread title, I came in here expecting a question about big screen TVs or trucks or something. I was disappointed. That being said, I don't understand women. They say they want a "good man" or a "nice guy" but will follow around complete losers and think that deep inside there is something more. You are being played. You've known him for this long, he's always been that way. Either settle for being a booty call, or move on.

you took the time to reply...so must have not been that disappointed. :)

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    So you dumped him? Tbh you were never with him in that sense, at least not exclusively.

Did you pack it in because you wanted to take it to the next level and then you decided with the help of MFP that he was up to no good?

Did you bother to ask him and give him a chance or just dump? Whilst you may have had your concerns, then nothing hes done by your first post warrants anything other than maybe being cautious and wanting clarification on. If you got it thats great, but I hope you put it to a place where you actually talked to him and made him aware you were interested or called him out on the things that caused you concern.

From the op at least I cant see hes done anything wrong, just areas that might seem a bit strange.
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    So you dumped him? Tbh you were never with him in that sense, at least not exclusively.

Did you pack it in because you wanted to take it to the next level and then you decided with the help of MFP that he was up to no good?

Did you bother to ask him and give him a chance or just dump? Whilst you may have had your concerns, then nothing hes done by your first post warrants anything other than maybe being cautious and wanting clarification on. If you got it thats great, but I hope you put it to a place where you actually talked to him and made him aware you were interested or called him out on the things that caused you concern.

From the op at least I cant see hes done anything wrong, just areas that might seem a bit strange.

I'll second this. Sounds like you are his friend and he is your potential. There is no physical relationship, just hanging out. Maybe the things you think are strange is just him trying to not hurt your feelings because he knows you want more from him than he's willing to give. So far I haven't read anything that makes him a ****. I've read a lot that leads me to believe that you have a friend you want more from. But then, there's always more to the story than what you post on line.

• SexyHealthyFit175
    Options

We are still friends. I didn't have the "talk" with him but I am backing up. If he wants to be more he can show me. I'm not going to beg a man for attention or to share his feelings with me. As of now I'm going to continue to better myself and if it's meant to be then it will be. You are right though he does deserve a chance to know how I feel. :)
  • SexyHealthyFit175
    Options
    ELMunque wrote: »

I'll second this. Sounds like you are his friend and he is your potential. There is no physical relationship, just hanging out. Maybe the things you think are strange is just him trying to not hurt your feelings because he knows you want more from him than he's willing to give. So far I haven't read anything that makes him a ****. I've read a lot that leads me to believe that you have a friend you want more from. But then, there's always more to the story than what you post on line.

They is true. But we are friends. That's what we will remain. If something changes so be it but I've realized that is all he may see me as