Experienced weightlifters! Review my workout plan?

Options
2»

Replies

• ricki159
    ricki159 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    recomping maybe ?
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I do the same split as you, almost to a T, and I have definitely seen results as far as strength - but I'm not gaining in size because I'm eating in a deficit (or attempting to). :#
    Are you trying to lose weight :) ?

Yes ma'am I am

Ah I see :) good luck!!!

Thank you! Wish we could trade appetites
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    If you're struggling to meet calories I would opt for foods that are more dense. Peanut butter, nuts, full fat dairy, oats etc.
  • 1HealthyHamster
    Options
    For gains it's best to get more rest than less. Typical rest is about 2-3 minutes in between each set. If you take 7 exercises and do 4 sets of each exercise that comes out to about 56 minutes with 2 minutes rest in between each set. Optimally 3 minutes would be better than 2 minutes of rest.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you would be better finding a proven strength program with linear progression. (e.g. a simple 5x5 program) IMHO, programming is not easy, until you can recognize your weaknesses and know how to fix them, it is better left to the pros that have been doing it for decades.

• ricki159
    ricki159 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    still I think her wokout programm is good enough ... She sticks to the basics compund movements .... and you can make linear progression in her given programm :-)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    dinosnopro wrote: »
    Personally, I think you would be better finding a proven strength program with linear progression. (e.g. a simple 5x5 program) IMHO, programming is not easy, until you can recognize your weaknesses and know how to fix them, it is better left to the pros that have been doing it for decades.

^This.

Your workout plan doesn't really make sense. For a split, shouldn't you be hitting the lower body and upper body each twice a week? And I'm assuming you are pushing heavy on the dumbbell bench press (I'm assuming it's a bench press) and shoulder presses but on the same day? I'd really recommend putting them on separate days...especially with the chest fly machine in the picture. That thing alone can tear up your shoulder muscles badly.

I really suggest looking into an actual program instead of doing this. Maybe ICF 5x5, AllPros Beginners, Strong Curves, or Starting Strength. Or check out bodybuilding.com's website for routines/workouts. They have split routines too, I believe.

These will help give you a better idea of what's going on before you attempt to create your own program.

ETA: Strong Curves also offers a bodyweight program as well for days you can't get to the gym.