What are you having to eat for christmas?

Options

Replies

• rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    We're having a cajun Christmas with crawfish pies and shrimp jambalaya ... southern chess pie and bread pudding ...
  • imju5tme
    imju5tme Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Christmas Eve:
    Kimchee fried rice
    Bulgogi
    Honey soy salmon
    Steamed dumplings
    Veggie pancakes
    Egg nog
    Cherry cordials
    Christmas cookies
    Wine

O.o Oh... my... May I come over for Christmas Eve, pretty please? I'll bring Japchae and Kimbap!!!

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve: salami, cheese, ravioli and sauce from our neighborhood Italian shops
    Christmas Morning: monkeybread while my kids open their presents
    Christmas Evening: dinner at husband's cousins. Menu is usually ham or brisket, a potato dish, a vegetable, lots of appetizers and desserts

I'm hosting my family on the 27th. I'm still working on the menu. We might do soup and sandwiches, I would have my brother smoke a turkey breast, I would make Italian Beef, and then maybe a big crockpot of potato soup with again, lots of appetizers and desserts...
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about Christmas Eve--I'll be with my boyfriend's family.

Christmas Day, however, is with my family. Throughout the day, we typically have snacky food out to munch on:
    Cheese/Sausage
    Fruit
    Nuts
    Cookies
    Veggies, Etc.

Dinner will be amazing...I'm looking forward to it:
    Swedish Meatballs
    Lingonberries
    Mashed Potatoes
    Roasted Veggies

Dessert includes Christmas cookies and pie. Yum! :smile:
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    We go out for Japanese food on Christmas Eve. So I'll have calamari, edamame, tempura udon, and mochi ice cream for dessert. Then on Christmas day, I'll make lasagna and garlic bread, and probably green beans or broccoli. Cheesecake for dessert.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    We'll probably just have egg for breakfast Xmas day, then cheese on crackers for lunch, and dinner will be turkey or chicken with carrots, roast potatoes, stuffing, peas, sprouts, pigs in blankets (that's sausages wrapped in bacon for the non-English) and gravy, then maybe a mince pie with brandy butter.

I'll probably have some prosecco too. That's my favourite part lol.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    whatever is being served on the cruise :smile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Oh that sounds lovely.

I'm visiting family this year so I'm not sure. Probably spiral ham, mashed potatoes (I hope anyway, there weren't any at Thanksgiving this year :noway:), stuffing, and homemade rolls. I'll be making cream cheese danish for Christmas morning, Biscoff truffles, toffee shortbread, sugar cookies, and some kind of cupcakes although I haven't decided what kind yet.
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I am not sure which family's tradition will win out. My husband's family likes us to make Lasagna (they were stationed in Italy when he was little and have the best ever recipe). My family is German and likes having sauerbraten and other various german sides. In the past we have done both but I refuse to do that again. Too much work and money spent on food. I want to simplify and enjoy the day as much as possible.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Roast goose (haven't had one for years, and we'll be eating leftovers for weeks), roast potatoes, brussel sprouts, cranberry relish, braised red cabbage, DH's fabulous pork stuffing, carrots, baked sweet potato. Oh and a nice pinot noir most likely.

We'll have a little break, then Christmas cake and tea/coffee and put DD to bed before port and cheese.

We usually have Christmas pud (with coconut ice cream) on Boxing Day (26th) because otherwise you just feel sick.

We've taken the bits of English tradition we like and changed them for the US..
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    whatever is being served on the cruise :smile:

Jelly!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I'll eat whatever is in my Jewy fridge.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating either a whole cake or one of the chocolate bars I get as a gift. I won't be able to cook anything due to "sharing" the kitchen with my ILs.
    Cadbury%20Dairymilk%20380g%20dessert.gif
  • hikecampgal
    hikecampgal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    we're having our traditional Newfoundland 'cooked dinner':

turkey
    dressing
    salt meat
    cabbage
    turnip
    carrot
    potato
    pastry
    cranberry sauce
    gravy
    and most importantly, wine!!

but for New Year's Day I get my leg of lamb - it's the only day in the entire year that I crave lamb - can't wait!!!
  • PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love reading about everyone's holiday meals...somewhat similar but with everyone's individual spins. We're having turkey and stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, Jello, baked carrots, asparagus, salad, lemon and chocolate cakes, pie and probably other yumyums.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve it will be fish
    Seafood salad
    Stuffed flounder

Christmas morning
    Cinnamon rolls
    Christmas casserole. Green chiles and cheese in bisquik with half and half. It's like the old impossible pie
    Mimosas

Noon
    Boiled shrimp
    Veggie platter
    Wine

Christmas dinner
    Standing rib
    Yorkshire pudding
    Roasted potatoes
    Green beans
    Wine

By the time dessert rolls around no one wants any. If they do they can have cookies!
  • JCM1969
    JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Moose Stew, bread and pie!
  • scupit
    scupit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It's just our immediate family (myself, hubby, and our two boys) this year unless we get together with friends. So...we will probably bake a turkey breast, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, maybe a salad. It will be a small dinner if I can talk my husband into that. If we get together with friends, then we will have filet mignon, homemade crab cakes, and steamed asparagus. Okay...now I'm hungry!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve is definitely the worst. We're going to some friends who are having a 'breakfast for dinner' theme this year. Tons and tons of breakfast foods. Can't wait.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    LOTS AND LOTS OF FOOD AND ALCOHOL!