Do you shop at thrift store?

Options
124»

Replies

• Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I used to buy all my clothes at thrift stops, but it was a drag never finding my size. Now I go to thrift stores and buy stuff I can sell on ebay and then use the profits to buy stuff other people probably found in thrift stores.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If I need things to rip apart for cosplay, thrift stores are the place.
  • Tikibar72
    Tikibar72 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I love digging through the record bins - one of these days I hope to find an original pressing of 'Pet Sounds'. Great vintage glassware, too. And every now and then - clothing!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    I've got $20 in my pocket.

lol. You wear my grandad's clothes? You look incredible?
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Yes, since I've dropped 3 sizes in 10 months, and plan to drop at least another 3 to 4 sizes, I can't be buying NEW clothes every couple of months. Except undergarments of course. Darn expensive bras grr.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Really, only for things like Halloween costumes, or I'll stop at yard sales to peruse the book/movie selection.

Any of the thrift shops near my area seem to quickly get combed through for any of the "good" clothes.
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    2nd hand stores... ALL the time, especially clothes for the kids
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I recently went to one. I bought 8 books for $12. I was amazed. So I'm going back.
  • darktolight
    Options
    For books sometimes :)
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Garage sales are the best places to find books. I refuse to ever spend more than $1 on a book. I stock up all summer long for all of my winter reading.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yard and estate sales too. Some great finds to be had for super cheap!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    90% of my wardrobe is from Value Village so yes I do all the time

We had Value Village back in Oregon. It was like a thrift MEGA STORE compared to the wimpy thrift stores I've been going to in Idaho. Also, due to denser population, there were just a lot of better options.

Slightly unrelated note: Craigslist in ID super-duper sucks. People think their ratty old couches are worth $200, whereas the finest couch I've ever owned I got for free in PDX off of Craigslist. I miss the selection, be it thriftstore or Craigslist!!!

i dont think i could survive life with out value village..good thing there are a billion massive ones in Ontario <3 Canada wins again

• vasairiah
    vasairiah Posts: 5,187 Member
    Options
    I have a very Vintage style about me so I would say 80% of what I buy is second hand! :)

@FabulousFantasticFifty
    Yes! Love your style. Why aren't we friends again? :D

Yes sometimes I shop these stores. I haven't recently as I've been in a 'loss mode', but will soon enough. I prefer classic styles, so I look for that or unique pieces.