getting periods after jumping Jack's

Options

Replies

• madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I get mine within 72 hours of eating lots of chocolate and salt, suffer from fatigue and spells of moodiness. I am going to the doctor.

ETA - I also noticed I get it with the full moon. Not sure if I should mention to the doctor or not?
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    The jumping jacks is most certainly not the cause of your period… Sounds more like a coincidence to me. See your GYN.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    this is a bizarre thread.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I get mine within 72 hours of eating lots of chocolate and salt, suffer from fatigue and spells of moodiness. I am going to the doctor.

ETA - I also noticed I get it with the full moon. Not sure if I should mention to the doctor or not?

You may be a werewolf? Do you get rather hairy and snappy?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

bahaha
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    tigersword wrote: »
    See a doctor. Maybe also take a statistics class...

I am giving this post so much love <3

Lol me too.
  • madrose0715
    edited December 2014
    Options

Hmmm, well, it's winter so, I am hairy. Snappy? Yes. Absolutely. But prone to attacks of tears. Not very wearwolfy.

I just don't understand it. Maybe I will see if someone comes along in the forums and can explain it...Or, I will try jumping jacks and see what happens?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Either you only do jumping jacks once a month, or you have a raging case of Ebola.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I have to admit a werewolf approaching me in floods of tears would possibly not strike the fear of god into me particularly.

OP to try and be more helpful here Im with the poster above who asked why you want heavy periods. I wouldnt personally stop jumping jacks though unless you dont particularly enjoy them as I really dont think they are linked. And definitely dont use it as a form of contraception
  • arditarose
    Options
    One time I was freaking because my period was late, so I went to yoga, more to calm my nerves than anything else. I pretty much immediately got my period. But, I'm sure it wasn't downward dog that caused the flow.

Anyway this post is reminding me of that scene in National Lampoon's when they crash the car and the daughter says "I think I just got my period."
  • madrose0715
    Options
    ^^lol
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    mehv2 wrote: »
    joycemfp8 wrote: »
    I hope that this occurs only once a month, not all the time? Anyway, I don't think this is particularly worrying; exercise can actually speed up the arrival of your period - that is, if it is already pending. I think it has something to do with your heart rate increasing and pumping your blood around or something, not sure though.
    - If this does occur more than once a month, you should go and see a gynaecologist though.

No not more than a month. I don't do jumping jacks all the time anyways. I have noticed this happens usually when it is pending or my last period was 3 weeks ago. So its not that. But I use the treadmill and jog nothing happens from that just jumping jacks and even if I do only 50 it causes my periods to come.

Errrr...so you do jumping jacks around when your period is and you are surprised that you get your period soon after?

Umm, I'm being legitimately curious when I ask if you are really being serious.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Umm...it might be in your head? I mean, if you do jumping jacks in the middle of your cycle you won't just magically get your period, right? So if you do them close to the time you're supposed to get it, then you do...it seems hard to really be certain it was from the jumping jacks.

Women get a little boost from testosterone just before that time, which gives us energy. Maybe, you have more energy just before your period, so you feel like you can do more than you usually do, so you do jumping jacks.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    This is amusing.
  • kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm going with the majority on this one. Coincidence. Anything from 7 hours to 48 hours? Around the time you are already due?

Exactly. I wouldn't waste a doctors time with something that is a silly coincidence. Exercise can kick start your period and if you are due anyway then what is the problem. Do you only do jumping jacks once a month, two days before your period? I assume no, and have those jumping jacks caused your period to start? Again, I assume no.
  • magsmichelle
    magsmichelle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I wonder if it works to prevent pregnancy? have sex, immediately do 100 jumping jacks.

kidding.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    kjarvo wrote: »
    I'm going with the majority on this one. Coincidence. Anything from 7 hours to 48 hours? Around the time you are already due?

Exactly. I wouldn't waste a doctors time with something that is a silly coincidence. Exercise can kick start your period and if you are due anyway then what is the problem. Do you only do jumping jacks once a month, two days before your period? I assume no, and have those jumping jacks caused your period to start? Again, I assume no.
    So the late, light, irregular periods aren't worth discussing with a doctor?
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It's most likely coincidence - you're exercising near to the end of your cycle and the period just starts on its own, it's got nothing to do with your jumping up and down!
    Also, you're only 18 so might not have settled into a regular cycle or flow yet, that's totally normal.

this. i probably wouldn't even bother seeing a doctor. i doubt anything is wrong. this is assuming the op is actually 18. if she's younger, then definitely this.
  • kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 236 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    kjarvo wrote: »

So the late, light, irregular periods aren't worth discussing with a doctor?

It was the silliness of the the jumping jacks around when the period is due, periods came anywhere from 7 to 48 hours after, that I was trying to get at.

If it is regularly late, light, or irregular then go to the doctor. If it happens infrequently, they normally just say monitor it anyway, 'it's stress' 'change of diet' etc. Some people just have irregular periods anyway though, I don't think everything has to be discussed unless it is unusual for you or a problem. I have very heavy periods, and have mentioned it a few times in the sexual health clininc, checking hormones etc. and they didn't see that as a problem.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I wonder if it works to prevent pregnancy? have sex, immediately do 100 jumping jacks.

kidding.

bahaha. I like your first post.