mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    tumblr_m33mgo7T1L1qh7qnv.jpg

tumblr_mwhrcophDL1rl3f1yo1_500.gif
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I have this strange urge to go to a Twisted Sister concert now: "I wanna rock!"
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I'm actually rocking my baby in a chair as I am reading this... I feel the burn!

When you come down, plant your feet flat on the floor, squeeze the glutes and push off. Hold the baby tight though. Don't want any accidents.

Baby catapult?

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    What?......I don't get it.....I think I should be drunk when I read posts like this....might help.

I actually AM drunk, and I still don't get it.
  • elphie754
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I'm actually rocking my baby in a chair as I am reading this... I feel the burn!

When you come down, plant your feet flat on the floor, squeeze the glutes and push off. Hold the baby tight though. Don't want any accidents.

Baby catapult?

"Ready Ike? Kick the baby!"
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

tumblr_mnl7exa9qs1rc7gxfo1_500.gif
  • elphie754
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »

tumblr_mnl7exa9qs1rc7gxfo1_500.gif

Lol that is actually the gif I was trying to post but couldn't figure out how to post it lol.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure rocking as a child is a sign of autism.
  • elphie754
    Options
    dakotababy wrote: »
    I am pretty sure rocking as a child is a sign of autism.

No. It can be a sign of many things. Stress and anxiety being the most common.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    does your rocking chair have some magical weight loss properties….???

no, it does not count as exercise.

You gained weight because you ate too much, not because your magic rocking chair stopped functioning…

wow ….

She's saying she lost weight AFTER she stopped rocking on the couch.

Don't worry. You weren't the only one confused and misreading that the first time around.

The second post clarified that where she gained weight, not lost weight, and she had just mistyped the first post.

I'm still a little lost. I guess rocking could burn a few extra calories...but...like, beavis and butthead rocking out calories? Unlikely....
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    funny-cute-panda-bear-rocking-horse-happy-animated-gif.gif
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Options
    I feel drunk from reading this, without the alcohol or extra calories. Thank you.

I just took my sleeping/anti-anxiety pills. I usually get the urge to binge after that, but reading this is so entertaining i think it might curtail the urge, haha
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Options
    I got a pm the other day from someone on here asking why I don't exercise and if I can help her stop chewing her nails... Totally random :o

Huh...I've gotten some pm's like that....
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I'm trippin balls now
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I'm trippin balls now

So is my cat. But she never shares.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Options
    2nuhz60.jpg
  • kittkat100
    kittkat100 Posts: 19
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Pregnancy, no more teenage metabolism, less activity, coupled with consuming more food changed your weight. Not rocking.
    Sure the extra motion helps burn more calories but what are we talking about? Maybe 70 day max with maybe?
  • Medilia
    Medilia Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I got a pm the other day from someone on here asking why I don't exercise and if I can help her stop chewing her nails... Totally random :o

I got that one! It was so strange!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Do you rock at work?
    As a matter of fact....yes.......

While in my office, sitting at my desk, I turn the radio and if a fast beat hot rockin' song comes on, I...rock, regardless of the funny looks I get. :D

• mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i rock too. then again, i'm on the autism spectrum. to answer the original question, i doubt rocking burns enough calories to be of any consequence. if you need that as a stim/calm mechanism, keep doing it. and follow your MFP guidelines regarding food intake. btw if you're on anxiety meds (or other psych meds) gaining 10 lbs is a common side effect.