For all the 5'5 ladies!

Options
I wanted to start a 5'5 support thread because I think it's such a funny hieght to be... Not tall or short just kind of in between.

I'm not sure if there are any specific needs for 5'5 women, but I think its easier to relate to those with the same hieght on this weight loss journey :)

Soooo with that said, I'll introduce myself.
I'm Coco
hw - 140
sw - 130
cw -120
gw - 115
I'm trying to lose weight because I'm training to be an actress and its a really image conscious industry. With good reason- the camera really does seem to add weight! On top of that, I love feeling healthy and being aware of my body. I want to make long term changes so I can age well and enjoy my silver years too!

I'm looking forward to sharing photos, NSVs, support, and whatever else comes up in this group. Welcome!!

Replies

• seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am 5'5" too.

I have a large frame, though, so my goal weight is around 160. I am currently 219.

:)
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    LOL I agree 5"5 is an unusual height... in between I was always told makes me special..lol I have alot more to lose than you.. but its a journey Im working hard for :)
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    I'm 5'5" too!!! My goal is 150!! Looking forward to sharing things with you!!! :o)
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and around 150 but wanting to get to about 130. It will take a lot of work,but I'll get there.

Good luck with your ambition to be an actress.

Anyone who wants support/offering support please feel free to add.
  • tasteoheavn
    tasteoheavn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5'5" also and my goal weight is 145 I am currently at 167. I look forward to getting my butt back in shape.
  • momwifenurse021406
    momwifenurse021406 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well Im 5' 4 but still in the same boat. Im currently 136 gw 115-120.. Can't wait to reach my goal!!
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Well I always thought I was 5' 6" but when I got weighed on one of those scales that tells you your height aswell, it said i was only 5' 5". Gutted! Not sure whether I have shrunk or been delusional all of my adult life lol. Anyway, I am currently about 142 and want to be about 125-130. Hard work!!
  • kuhristeee
    kuhristeee Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    5'5" girl here!

SW: 178 lbs.
    CW: 152 lbs.
    GW: Around 135 lbs. give or take

I was 145 in high school and I want to do better than that! Good luck to all of you. :)
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm right between 5'5" and 5'6". I can never really get an accurate reading, so I mostly just say I'm 5'5" now so that I don't have to be measured. I've got a small frame, but I'm extremely obese, so I've got a lot to lose. Thankfully, though, I'm burning through it and I'm already comfortable with the lifestyle changes I've made. My goal is to get somewhere between 120-145, after I tone up a bit, and I'm currently 387.4 lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5"! :-)

sw - 177.6
    cw -167.8
    gw - 145

I am sick of being fat, period. I'm sick of being uncomfortable. I want to tone up and lose lbs. I have a one and a half year old and she keeps me on my toes. I want to be physically active and enjoy it.
  • AnneMK5
    AnneMK5 Posts: 110
    Options
    Me too!! :wink:
  • BaronessBlixen
    BaronessBlixen Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I stand 5'5 1/2'' but usually round up to 5'6''...I'll join in on this, though. :)

Right now, I weigh 120 pounds, down 3 pounds in the last month or so. I'd like to lose a few more - I think I'd be happy at 118. I typically wear a US size 4, although the pants have been a little saggy lately because I've lost 2'' off my midsection!
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5'5" also and my goal weight is 145 I am currently at 167. I look forward to getting my butt back in shape.

Hey! We have the exact same goal/same current weight. :-D
  • spoofed
    spoofed Posts: 11
    Options
    hehe! I'm 5'5.5"! So... right smack in this weird height range. Sometimes people think I'm short, sometimes they think I'm tall. Do you guys ever get that?
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! I'm Nichole. I'm 5'5 with a large frame; used to be 5'6 but I'm apparently I'm starting to shrink lol, so now I'm taking Caltrate 600+D. Good luck to all!

hw - 238
    sw - 185
    cw - 222
    gw - 200

My goal is to be <200 lbs by the time I turn forty in July!
  • ylnevaeh
    ylnevaeh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 also with a goal weight of 145 - a long way to go for me. But with some encouragement from this site I may make it.

Before this site 197
    CW 192
    1st goal under 190
    2nd goal 160
    Dream weight 145
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    5'5" here too! When I was thin and athletic I was a perfect size 9 at 130 pounds. Now an 18 and 200 pounds I would love to be the former.
    After all these years I discovered I have been wearing the wrong jeans. I tried on a pair of 18 short Levis and they made a world of difference. I never bought a short before but this shape hit me in all the right places for the first time since gaining weight. Just sayin ya might try it out if you never did.

Oh and I'm a medium frame.

Deb
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Yay for the 5/5ers!!! (I'm a half inch shy, but I'll join you!)

I'm in the low 130's right now and striving to reduce body fat. Anyone else with this goal?
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and at my goal weight which is between 110-115. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

(oh I have a very small frame)

Happy dance! :)
  • docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Yup, 5'5' here, not tall, not short. My highest weight was 149. That's when my doctor told me that I had gained weight through my 30s and if the trend kept up, I would be overweight in my 40s, when it would be harder to take the weight off. I lost 8 pounds that year, and then my friend introduced me to MFP and I lost 25 pounds in 5 months and have stayed on to maintain. I've been on MFP for a year now and I weighed in at 117 yesterday. My 40th birthday is in July and I will not weigh 140 when I turn 40! I believe this really works if you stick with it. =)