100 pounds down!

Options
13»

Replies

• p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story.you have done fantastic..and you look great and younger..well done you
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're family must be sooo proud!! Good ol' fashion hard work and dedication! Keep it up!!
  • cexley67
    cexley67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I continue to be humbled by all your comments and good wishes. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I am proud of myself, and my family is proud of me. It has inspired my wife and daughter to begin their own journeys. I don't try to push them, because I do realize the best motivation comes from within, and just like this journey was my own personal journey and not anyone else's, they have to make it their own as well.

There are 2 things that I get to do when I get to my final goal.
    1). Go back to Disney to walk all over the parks on my own and experience everything that I didn't get to do the last time.

2). I currently have no suits to wear for work, and don't want to buy anything until I hit my goal, so, when I get there, I get to buy anything I want from the Paul Fredrick catalogue of clothes (love their suits).
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    cexley67 wrote: »
    I continue to be humbled by all your comments and good wishes. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I am proud of myself, and my family is proud of me. It has inspired my wife and daughter to begin their own journeys. I don't try to push them, because I do realize the best motivation comes from within, and just like this journey was my own personal journey and not anyone else's, they have to make it their own as well.

There are 2 things that I get to do when I get to my final goal.
    1). Go back to Disney to walk all over the parks on my own and experience everything that I didn't get to do the last time.

2). I currently have no suits to wear for work, and don't want to buy anything until I hit my goal, so, when I get there, I get to buy anything I want from the Paul Fredrick catalogue of clothes (love their suits).

<3
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring! What a tremendous job.
  • dtcjem
    dtcjem Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow! How inspiring to read this story. Thank You for sharing your success and challenges. Wishing you continued success and happiness!
  • squeakybuttcheeks
    squeakybuttcheeks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Disney was my inspiration as well! Great job :)
  • cexley67
    cexley67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Looking for a place to vent, so I decided here. As the title of the original post says, I have lost 100 pounds (actually 102, now). Back in June when I was down 40, I got a physical and blood work done. I told the doctor that I was working on losing weight. I told him how I was doing it (logging calories on MyFitnessPal, starting to work out, etc.). So, to keep me accountable, we set up another appointment for yesterday (12/22) to do a weight check.

I showed up feeling awesome about myself. Wondering how happy my doctor would be, etc. I got nothing positive from him. Again, he asked how I was doing it. I told him the same things I told him in June. His response, "Well, you won't be successful in the long term. What you really need to do is cut out all sugars from your diet.". He then proceeded to tell me a bunch of science stuff as to why. I am not saying that his points weren't valid. Maybe they are, but, to phrase it that way, and to give me no credit to how hard I have worked annoyed me.

Truth is I didn't (and don't) need his pat on the back to encourage me. I know how much better I feel and how much more I can do now that I have lost this weight, but, to not, at least, acknowledge that I am taking ownership of my weight, and that I am doing great things for my body annoys me. I believe he could have said something like, "Wow, you're doing very well. You should be proud of yourself, but, beware of the dangers. Let's come up with a plan that keeps you this healthy the rest of your life.". That's maybe what I would have said. He also didn't look at me in the eye and kept telling me that I should buy a specific book. As much as he mentioned it, makes me wonder if he is getting a kick back on sales.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. I am looking for another doctor.

• griffithm1
    griffithm1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • ChrissiesWorld
    Options
    Way to go. Looking great. Good job on all your hard work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!