Healthy Options to Satisfy Sweet Tooth?!?!

Options

Replies

• veronakings
    Options
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/09/06/no-flour-black-bean-brownies/

This recipe for no flour black bean brownies is amazing!

I've made them a few times and no one ever realized there was beans in them.

yes!!! I made these a few years ago and they are totally not bad. haha I recommend everyone try it out even if it's just to say you did it.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    sugarless gum!
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I was having a rare sweet craving the other day so I baked apples and filled them with pureed walnuts, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon and a handful of raisins then ate one. mmmmm it was good. Saving the rest for breakfasts
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Healthy dessert recipe blogs:
    Chocolate Covered Katie
    Desserts with Benefits
    Foodie Fiasco
    The Coconut Diaries
  • jamesxspader
    Options
    May not be "healthy", but not bad in calorie count and scratches the brownie itch...Sheila G's Brownie Brittle (normally at Costco). About 120 calories per serving, and great snack.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Jell-O Grapes: roll wet grapes in sugar-free Jell-O powder (strawberry's my fav), then freeze them. Oooo they're good!
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    plain Greek yogurt mixed with pb2 and stevia
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I drink berry smoothies every single day; always curbs my sugar cravings. It's so effective that I don't even crave anything anymore. For a small 8 oz glass, blend half of a very ripe banana with a cup of frozen berries (I like trader Joe's very cherry berry blend in the frozen aisle) with a 3/4 cup or so of almond milk. It's a bit thick so you can eat with a spoon. Other than that, eat ripe fruits like bananas, grapes, and pears.
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Am I missing something? How about dark chocolate?

Yup this. I find that if you don't actually eat what helps the cravings (for me its chocolate). I will eat and eat and eat. It ends up worse. This is also a great way to fix the cravings and is strongly recommended as a "healthier" option. However, this means a small amount, not the entire huge block LOL
  • chiilipepper
    chiilipepper Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree with rebahicky. I eat sweet potatoes everyday and I love that they are sweet and they are part of my plan anyway. Also, I am completely in love with Cellucor Whey protein the Cinnamon Swirl flavor, so I would just eat the a spoon of the powder alone or I make little puddings with it. It craves my sweet tooth and at the same time I know I'm getting my protein and I'm not cheating my diet.
  • voidberry
    voidberry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I made some no bake cookies this evening from this recipe:
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chocolate-peanut-butter-no-bake-cookies-recipe.html

adapted slightly to:
    2 cups sugar
    4 tablespoons cocoa
    1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
    1/2 cup unsweetend almond milk
    1 cup natural peanut butter
    1 tablespoon vanilla
    3 1/2 cups oatmeal
    makes 40 good-sized cookies, and probably 60 bite sized

they were easily the best no bakes i've ever made/had thanks to the coconut oil, although might try a stevia/natural sweetener replacement because of the 10g sugar per cookie

cals: 134, fat: 6.6 (sat: 3.1), sodium: 10.5, carbs: 16.7, fiber: 1.3, sugars: 10.2, protein: 3
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream!

I second this! I love skinny cow ice cream!
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options

Coconut Protein Balls
    Makes 4 balls

Ingredients

2 tbsp vanilla protein powder**
    2 tbsp hemp seeds
    2 tbsp coconut manna (or coconut butter)
    1/2 tbsp maple syrup
    1/2 tbsp water
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    Preparation

Put all ingredients in a mini chopper/processor and pulse a few times to incorporate.
    Give the dough a stir and start to roll the mixture (with your hands) into 1 tbsp sized balls. It should make about 4. **If the dough is too crumbly add a few drops of water.
    Eat right away or store in an airtight container at room temp.
    Nutritional Facts: 1 ball has approx. 100 calories, 7g Fat, 2g fiber, 5g carbs, 1.8g sugar, 8g protein

** You can use any type of vanilla protein powder. I’ve been using Sun Warrior Vanilla Protein Powder ever since Isaac’s mom got me hooked on it a year or so ago. It’s pricey, but it’s also the best tasting protein powder I’ve found. It’s raw, vegan brown rice protein powder, which is easier to digest. I also like that it’s sweet without any sugar and doesn’t taste chalky like other brands I’ve tried. I buy Sun Warrior online and always stock up when Gina has special Open Sky deals on it.

If you like coconut, you’ll love these balls! They’re perfect if you have a sweet tooth because they taste sweet, but are also super satisfying and filling. As it turns out, all of these balls are great as a pre or post workout snack, mid-afternoon pick me up or even an after dinner treat.

protein balls.JPG
    http://www.eatingbirdfood.com/2011/03/ive-got-protein-balls/

Someone else suggested Chocolate Covered Katie's site...love this girl! Check it out. She has amazing/creative little treats that would 'fix' your dilema

Good luck!

• Makterbro
    Makterbro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Fruits
    Popsicles
    Fudge popsicles
    Pudding
    Jello
  • eliseh23
    eliseh23 Posts: 120
    Options
    I eat more fruits.
    Right now I'm all about baked pumpkin with walnuts and cinnamon(and a little bit of honey if you like)
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I made a pumpkin smoothie tonight that was wonderful and very satisfying! Take a cup of pumpkin (unsweetened, I used it out of a can, but you can cook fresh pumpkin too), 2 cups of almond milk, one frozen overripe banana. Put them in a blender and blend until smooth. I added chia seeds and about 1.5 to 2 TBS of maple syrup to mine plus pumpkin pie spice. It was wonderful and surprising low calorie given how filling it was! You can add ice if you want to, but I liked it just the way it was.
  • 0utrun
    0utrun Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Dip strawberries (or any berry) in greek yogurt and freeze for 30 or so minutes. If you are chocaholic, add 1 tsp. cocoa powder to 1/3 c greek yogurt before dipping berries.

Cut up an apple into bite sized pieces. Sprinkle with lemon juice, cinnamon and ginger. Gently sprinkle 1 teaspoon of honey on top. Broil for 3-6 minutes.

Chocolate Mousse or Chocolate ice cream.
    1/2 cup low fat or fat free cottage cheese (can also use greek yogurt, I think cottage cheese gives a better flavor)
    1 tbsp. cocoa powder
    1-2 tbsp. honey
    1/8 tsp. vanilla essence
    Puree cottage cheese in processor or blender, mix in the remaining ingredients. Freeze for 1 hour. Can eat straightaway as mousse. It's around 130-190 calories.

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I just had 2 spoons (~20 g) of Haagen Daz chocolate ice cream, that was enough
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    The quickest sugar fix ever: a half teaspoon of rough-honey.

I love honey, actually. It's relatively low cal, and for the intense sweetness, it's actually fairly low sugar too.

And, a teaspoon on the tongue will go a long way towards satisfying the sweet-tooth since it does taste so intensely sweet.

• kcksmo
    kcksmo Posts: 19
    Options
    hot chocolate.... usually about 80 calories for the whole cup (mixed with hot water)