Sweet potatoes
    Carrots
    EVOO
    Garlic
    Onion
    Fiber One bars
    Zone bars
    Brown rice
    Low carb high fiber wraps (I usually buy Joseph's)
    Popcorn
    Nuts/seeds
    Black beans
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Frozen berries
    whey protein isolate
    veggie burgers
    broccoli
    baby spinach
    walnuts
    frozen mixed vegetables
    dark chocolate (85%)
    bananas
    apples
    citrus fruits
    canned fruit
    canned beans
    whole wheat pasta
    brown rice
    steel cut oats

This thread is making me hungry :smile:
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    mashed potatoes
  • Stitch_down_carbs
    Stitch_down_carbs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    low calorie jelly gets me through sugar cravings. Thank you Hartleys
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I eat more or less the same breakfast most days: one slice of whole-grain toast with butter (sometimes a whole-grain English muffin with butter instead). For lunch, most of the time I'll have a sandwich with cheese, cold cuts, mustard, and lettuce on whole-grain bread, or hummus with pita and veggies. I occasionally make bacon for breakfast, sometimes an omelet or scrambled eggs on the weekends, but generally I'm a light breakfast eater. About a third of the time my lunch is something other than sandwich or hummus.

On the other hand, I have entered more than 100 dinner recipes in my MFP recipe box. My wife can't stand eating the same thing more than a couple times a week, so there are maybe 20 recipes that I make fairly regularly, and then others that I will cook a few times a year, or do as an experiment. A dear friend is vegan, and she comes over to our place a few times a month for dinner, so I've recently added a number of vegan dinners to my repertoire.

The only staple foods specific to my weight loss are celery and pickles, which are my go-to snacks if my tummy is growling between meals and a glass of water doesn't calm it down.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    eggs, eggs, and more eggs.

Cheese & nuts, both in strictly measured quantities.

Greek yogurt (plain with fresh or frozen fruit added and 1/8 c oats)
    fresh & frozen vegetables
    almond milk (unsweetened original types)
    beans
    lentils
    dark chocolate (easier to stop with 1 small piece)
    steel cut oats
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Ground beef! That stuff fills me up like nothing else.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Vegetables; (I buy fresh vegetables, local when possible so I've learned to eat mostly seasonally I have a crazy long list depending on the time of year.) Right now it's kinda of sad, a lot of winter squashes and potatoes. I keep broccoli and avocados year round despite the price because they are my favorites.
    Fruit; Apples, Pears, Bananas, seasonal berries and fruit (Dragonfruit is finally back in season right now) frozen and dried berries during the winter.
    Eggs, Chicken Breast, Salmon Fillets, Shrimp, Scallops, Ground Beef, Beef & Tenderloins precut into 4oz servings.
    Grains; Brown, Cargo and Black Rice, Amaranth, Quinoa, Oatmeal
    Beans; Lentils, Black Beans, Adzuki, Chili Beans, Chickpeas, Cannellini, Fava, Pintos
    Beverages; Almond Milk and Coconut Water
    Nuts and Almond and Cashew butters
    Supplements; Pea Protein Powder, Nutritional yeast, Chia Seeds, Ground Flax

I try to always keep a bar of really good chocolate around so I can have a square when I want.

I'm able to tolerate dairy slightly better while pregnant so I've been taking advantage of that and having cheese slices and yogurt pretty often (Siggi's brand is amazing) but I still can't have cow's milk.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs. Cheese sticks. Nuts. Anything with protein so I am full. Apples, bananas, dark chocolate.
  • bamaphd04
    bamaphd04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

egg whites, 0% Greek yogurt, spinach, kale, hummus, carrots, frozen berries, chicken breast, salmon, lentils, steel cut oatmeal, unsweetened almond milk, black rice. That's pretty much my go-to menu every day, then my treat day is usually a protein shake with chocolate whey isolate, frozen banana, blueberries, almond butter, dark chocolate almond milk. YUMMMM
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoes, boneless skinless chicken breasts, cabbage, almond milk, eggs
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    For me, the hardest part of losing weight is the food. What are some staples you always have on hand or that is a favorite to help aid in weight loss?!

Here are a few things I find helpful. Since I'm a lazy cook/shopper, you see I opt for frozen stockpiles
    - Protein bars for when you need a meal replacement on the go. I'm a fan of Premier bars at Costco, with 27g of protein.
    - Frozen mixed veggies. They keep and enable eating healthy meals on short notice, or just as an ingredient in a stir fry or curry, etc.
    - Frozen chicken breasts. They thaw quickly :)
    - mini babybel cheese wheels, or string cheese. Fantastic to take with you as a snack
    - low carb yogurt (avoid low fat brands loaded with sugar)
    - Cottage cheese
    - Good bread. Good rule of thumb is to only buy bread showing more grams of fiber than sugar.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    baked potatoes with ketchup or bbq sauce, canned and dry beans, skim and lowfat milk, romaine and iceberg lettuce, reduced fat dressings, coffee and tea
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Eggs, chicken breast, 45 calorie bread, oatmeal, beans, rice, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, bananas, tomatoes, heck, I could probably go on and on, but those are some of the really big ones that have stuck around.
  • Tea_Mistress
    Tea_Mistress Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, Porridge, Tuna :) All the veggies
  • mrsgoochy
    mrsgoochy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast every day- english muffin, hummus, one egg and a piece of canadian bacon. It gets me until about 11am.
    ++Cuties this time of year- perfect sweet treat!++
  • imperfect188
    Options
    eggs, white fish, avocado, cucumber, tomato, greek yoghurt, cottage cheese, laughing cow cheese, lemons/lime (adds flavour to water), herbs (i'm trying to cut back on my sodium intake), broccoli, sweet potato, hummus, bell pepper, beans, banana, oats, frozen berries, zucchini, mushroom, pumpkin/squash.
  • snookey16
    snookey16 Posts: 47 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    - Banana's ( Frozen for smoothies)
    - Frozen Berries (For smoothies)
    - Rolled Oats
    - Brown Rice
    - Chia Seeds
    - Protein Powder
    - Quest Bars
    - Vegetables
    - Fruit
  • Pootler74
    Pootler74 Posts: 223 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Stuff I eat a lot of, and probably would not do so well without:

Bags of prepared dark green salad leaves
    Frozen skinless chicken breasts
    Frozen fillets of fish
    Non-fat greek yoghurt
    0% or 1% milk
    Mini Milks (30 calorie ice cream popsicles... taste like 100!)
    Clementines
    Melon
    Protein bars and powders
    Cocoa powder
    Eggs
  • TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    - almond milk
    - fruits and vegetables
    - salmon
    - greek yogurt