jodiemhorton Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    mmm might try this..
    Thanks.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    vickee13 wrote: »
    Went to try these today, its hard to make them ......

when you have no eggs :\

Yeah, that would present a problem. ;)

• amicsquire
    amicsquire Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have made these before, and even after spraying the pan, I had to throw the pan out because I couldn't get the egg off it! They taste fantastic though!
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • mygnsac
    Options
    amicsquire wrote: »
    I have made these before, and even after spraying the pan, I had to throw the pan out because I couldn't get the egg off it! They taste fantastic though!

I didn't have any problem cleaning the large muffin pans, just soaked them for awhile and they cleaned up easy. The mini muffin pan required a little more attention, but that was because the pan was too big to soak in the sink, but I got it clean eventually.

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    A silicone pan would prevent the sticking issue. Luckily I have one since I'm making these tonight.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    amicsquire wrote: »

I had that problem too, I use paper cups, spray them really well and they peel right off and keeps my muffin pan clean, but I think I may treat myself to a silicone pan.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    I think I would miss the browning that happens when cooked directly in the pan.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Please don't hate me, but my omelettes are always fabulous. They are about the only things I can cook though!
    I am looking forward to giving these muffins a try, although they are the same ingredients as an omelette, in my head they different! :# I'm crazy I know :(
    um... and you'll be revealing your secret ..when? ;)
  • Misslove36
    Misslove36 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    So, I can make these and freeze them then take them to work, reheat them in the microwave for breakfast?
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »

I'm out of milk :cry: will that pose a problem or can I sub in water? I don't typically use milk when I make scrambled eggs but I know this is different. How do you think it'd turn out?

I should wait to make them until I get milk? Or
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Misslove36 wrote: »
    So, I can make these and freeze them then take them to work, reheat them in the microwave for breakfast?

Absolutely. I froze a dozen of them and they reheat well. I wrap it in a paper towel and microwave on high for 90 seconds.

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

I'm out of milk :cry: will that pose a problem or can I sub in water? I don't typically use milk when I make scrambled eggs but I know this is different. How do you think it'd turn out?

I wouldn't use water in this.
  • Medilia
    Medilia Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    These look sooo good. I can't wait to try and make them
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    nice! I'll try this week, thanks for sharing
  • mygnsac
    Options

Yeah, I'd wait to get milk.

• 42carrots
    42carrots Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I made these this morning and they were great. I had leftover black beans and quinoa from last night so I put that in, wasn't sure it would work but it did. I used 2 eggs, about 1/4 cup quinoa and 1/3 cup black beans, a cup or so of broccoli, 20 grams of cheddar cheese, and some salt, pepper, garlic powder, italian herbs and cayenne as seasoning. I ate them with cottage cheese and some ketchup when done. They probably would have been even better with onions and garlic. I had planned to use all these ingredients to make an omelet anyway, but this made 3 pretty big muffins, which was awesome. Gotta try next time with mushrooms and maybe sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, etc I just bought more vegetables to make them again asap, thanks for posting!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I make a similar recipe. They freeze well.
    Sometimes I make them with 1/2 slice of bacon. You just wrap the bacon around the muffin cup (I microwave it for about 20 seconds first, we like our bacon crisp) then fill with the egg/veggie mixture. No need to spray the cups when using the bacon.

This plus this recipe is freaking genius!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    42carrots wrote: »
    Oh man, I made these this morning and they were great. I had leftover black beans and quinoa from last night so I put that in, wasn't sure it would work but it did. I used 2 eggs, about 1/4 cup quinoa and 1/3 cup black beans, a cup or so of broccoli, 20 grams of cheddar cheese, and some salt, pepper, garlic powder, italian herbs and cayenne as seasoning. I ate them with cottage cheese and some ketchup when done. They probably would have been even better with onions and garlic. I had planned to use all these ingredients to make an omelet anyway, but this made 3 pretty big muffins, which was awesome. Gotta try next time with mushrooms and maybe sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, etc I just bought more vegetables to make them again asap, thanks for posting!
    Lovin all the ingredient ideas being tossed around in this thread... black beans? quinoa? yum!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

Yeah, I'd wait to get milk.
    K thanks lol