Ha!!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    haha:laugh:
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I love your prejudice against iPhone. It makes me glad.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Nice one! - (Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant User - Android 2.2)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    name something my phone can't do, or I can't buy an app to do.

Can't do it. :noway:

iPhone love:heart::love:
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    name something my phone can't do, or I can't buy an app to do.

Can't do it. :noway:

iPhone love:heart::love:

Scan barcodes in myfitnesspal?
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    LOL.

It does need a few changes though:

1. The cartoon people in the first one were decidedly less nerdy than they should look.

2. The cartoon people in the second one were decidedly less hipster and/or "in crowd" than they should look.

Edit: If you couldn't tell by the mouth-breather avatar that I have, I own a Droid.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    a shortcoming of the MFP app, not of the iPhone, in that the phone is capable, the app didn't provide the option.
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hmm... so, the difference is that Android programmers are more willing to jailbreak their phones, but still not be able achieve success?

Sounds about right... :laugh:

(p.s., I was an iPhone 3G owner a while back, and a Droid owner now; I might go back to the iPhone at some point, so there's no "religious war fervor" here...!)
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    i just want to make a phone call, can either of them do that?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Hmm... so, the difference is that Android programmers are more willing to jailbreak their phones, but still not be able achieve success?

Sounds about right... :laugh:

(p.s., I was an iPhone 3G owner a while back, and a Droid owner now; I might go back to the iPhone at some point, so there's no "religious war fervor" here...!)

LOL No fervor, but I do love my phone. It's actually pretty ridiculous how attached I am. When my phone was stolen on my birthday, at 2 am, I had it replaced by noon. I was ten hours without it and it was ri-gosh-darn-di-cu-lous!!!LOL I actually chose replacing the phone over the planned trip to Disneyland....

My iPhone 4 makes calls perfectly, I honestly do not know why there was such a racket in the beginning....
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    bahahaha! HTC EVO here! Quite possibly the easiest committment I've ever made :heart:
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options

I believe so. Might take a few paid apps to do it though. XD
  • sntfrmabv
    sntfrmabv Posts: 7
    Options

Right??? What happened to those days???? The days where a phone was used to call and ONLY call. LOL :)
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options

:laugh: :drinker: :laugh:
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options

Right??? What happened to those days???? The days where a phone was used to call and ONLY call. LOL :)

Those were not good days.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

haha this is what my hubby says, right before he says things like, "hey, take out your toy....can you tell me about the traffic...can you check the weather....can you see what time the movie starts.....can you look up the phone number for that company....can you make a reservation......oh yeah, well what does google say about it?

smartphones>regular phones
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is a prejudice. I love the freedom with my Droid X. But I just manually updated my phone to Gingerbread 4.5.591...the 3rd reinstall of Gingerbread alone. At this moment the install is complete, but I have to root my phone again. I love tweaking my phone though and I hate being spoon-fed what I can and can't do.

Plus I don't think you can make the iPhone look like this...

Nh7RM.png

LuckyLeprechaun - can you...load a different operating system? Access and write to any file on your phone? Block callers on root access? Take a screen shot of your phone? Tether without paying for the service (although this may not work anymore)? Overclock your phone?
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    *Sarcasm alert* thank the maker for smart phones, how did we ever live without them. I was always getting stuck in traffic while running late to a movie due to a change in the weather. If only there was some way I could have avoided all that. *this has been a test of the sarcasm network, in the case of real sarcasm, make you way to the shelter* :laugh: :laugh:

@ binary: yeah I do like to have more flexibility with my tech, but mostkt just want the freaking network to work :tongue:
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    LuckyLeprechaun - can you...load a different operating system? Access and write to any file on your phone? Block callers on root access? Take a screen shot of your phone? Tether without paying for the service (although this may not work anymore)? Overclock your phone?

Jester,

I think the answer to your questions is "Yes" -- as long as you root your iPhone, which is how you were able to do it on your X. Trying to compare an out-of-the-box *anything* with an aftermarket / rooted / supercharged thing is an unfair comparison...!