PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    You're welcome.

double_down_kfc.top.jpg

Even that "bread" is high carb. ;)

I know, it was a joke.

Although, you can probably ask for it grilled.
    I knew it was a joke. I was returning joke with another joke. I don't ever seriously use winking emojis

You gotta admit though....that bacon looks gooooooood.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I'm riveted by the idea of good, low-carb bread.

Please report back and let us know how your oopsie bread turns out. When are you making it? Do you know?

It's acceptable..if you're not willing to eat flour. I enjoy it. I would post a picture but I don't have that option.
  • Dementedllama
    Dementedllama Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You're welcome.

double_down_kfc.top.jpg

I know, it was a joke.

I knew it was a joke. I was returning joke with another joke. I don't ever seriously use winking emojis

Why not? ;)

No, you're right. It would be creepy to use a winky emoji seriously.
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    You're welcome.

double_down_kfc.top.jpg

I know, it was a joke.

It does!! I eat bacon a lot. I really like the smithyfield thick sliced Applewood bacon I get at Sam's.

I would also eat that if the chicken breasts were grilled. Although, it might put me over on my protein.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    smithfield is okay- I prefer Plumrose or Farmland- which is some weird off brand- but it cooks up consistently every time.

NOMNOMNOM- now it's a thread- BACON!!!!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    You're welcome.

double_down_kfc.top.jpg

I know, it was a joke.

It does!! I eat bacon a lot. I really like the smithyfield thick sliced Applewood bacon I get at Sam's.

I would also eat that if the chicken breasts were grilled. Although, it might put me over on my protein.

Over on protein?!

No such thing. In my world, anyway. LOL.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options

This is your opinion and I respect it and disagree.

Lol... opinion. You aren't even qualified to have an opinion on the matter, let alone judge mine. My post was asking for your sources for your opinions. I can say that in my opinion the sky is purple. That doesn't make it so, or valid.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I'm riveted by the idea of good, low-carb bread.

Please report back and let us know how your oopsie bread turns out. When are you making it? Do you know?

I'm riveted by unicorns, too.

well it is the season for santa claus while we are at it….
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there is some Magical Carb Fairy that comes in at night and steals all your body fat?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    I wonder if there is some Magical Carb Fairy that comes in at night and steals all your body fat?

you never heard of carb claus bro?
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    You're welcome.

double_down_kfc.top.jpg

I know, it was a joke.

Over on protein?!

No such thing. In my world, anyway. LOL.

I do lchf.. So my protein consumption is moderate. When I first started I had trouble keeping my protein down. Two chicken breasts would mean I would have to be careful about it the rest of the day..and thats no fun.
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    I'm not a low carber but I use this bread because it helps keep my carbs around 40ish%. hermanbrot.com.au/low-carbohydrate.php I'm in Australia, but perhaps there's something similar where you are from?

Each slice has around 2g of carbs and 12g of protein. It contains wheat and soy proteins,soy meal, linseed, sunflower seed, soy grits, soy flour, wheat meal and bran, apple fibre, yeast, barley flour.

It looks like bread and tastes like a very nutty dense bread, although quite different to my experience of bread in the USA which seems very light and sweet.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I made some cheddar biscuits from Carbquick tonight and they were so good! Carbquik is a low carb baking mix similar to Bisquick.
  • ChezWaters
    ChezWaters Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've tried making my own from recipes I've found on Pinterest, but they never are like bread in the least. I'm just wondering a good bread (also has to be free of wheat) that isn't full of refined carbs. Recommendations?

Make your own low-carb version. Mix 200ml sesame seeds ground to flour with 100ml almond or coconut flour and 15ml psyllium husks and 10ml baking powder. Beat 2 eggs with 200ml double cream and 100ml grated cheese. Mix the two and place in 30ml heaps on greaseproof paper on a baking tray sprinkle with extra sesame seeds if desired. Bake In gas mark 6, 200 degrees C for 15 mins. This makes about 16 burger sized roll halves. They rise but do not spread too much and also survive wrapping around burgers! Enjoy
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    There is a reason Dave's Killer Bread is the most popular organic bread in the US. I suggest giving it a shot, if you find it local. http://www.daveskillerbread.com

Rule of Thumb for buying bread
    Only buy bread where: Fiber grams > Sugar grams.
    When you start comparing this simple ratio, you'll be shocked at the number of 'healthy' breads loaded with sugar and no fiber.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    as flour is a primary ingredient in bread. Get one that doesn't use flour.

i'd suggest meringues piped into the shape of buns, and then painted brown.
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wraps are good! It doesn't have to be "carb free" I just need it to not have wheat and a ton of over-processed junk in it.

Bread = yeast, water, flour and salt. What is this "over-processed junk" that you are referring to?

And why can't it have wheat? Is rye OK, or are you sensitive to gluten?

If you are giving up bread for ideological reasons, then just don't eat any bread. If you want to eat bread, then eat bread and not some poor replica.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    There is a reason Dave's Killer Bread is the most popular organic bread in the US. I suggest giving it a shot, if you find it local. http://www.daveskillerbread.com

Rule of Thumb for buying bread
    Only buy bread where: Fiber grams > Sugar grams.
    When you start comparing this simple ratio, you'll be shocked at the number of 'healthy' breads loaded with sugar and no fiber.

dumb rule...
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    the answer to all your dreams in this thread itll cost you a pretty penny though and shipping. www.paleobread.com
  • ndj1979
    Options
    nickatine wrote: »
    the answer to all your dreams in this thread itll cost you a pretty penny though and shipping. www.paleobread.com

LOL at "paleo" bread ....because we all know caveman made their own grain/wheat/carb free bread...