Anyone feel like their weight loss is effortless?

Options
124»

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If it was effortless, then everyone would be doing it. Nope, my took tons of work and I but need to remember that, to want to continue.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I have really found it to be painless - once I was READY, the efforts that I have had to put in have been easy to implement, and the habits formed seemingly overnight. I just try not to take it for granted!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    i kept the whole process simple, but effortless no. and actually if it was effortless i would take it all for granted and put it all back again. i have worked hard and am proud of myself.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Another thing is that some people do put more effort in than others. It would be a lot less effort for me if I skipped Gym.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    There's been hard work and effort. But for me exercise was made easier by showing up at the gym and doing what the screaming lady in front of the class tells me to
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    it's all about routine for me. i get in a groove, stick to it daily, and it requires little to no thought. easy peasy.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    effortless .. no, not really

enjoyable .. yes .. interesting .. yes .. worthwhile .. yes

getting into the 'heck, this actually works and I know how to do it' vibe has been surprising to me, I have never stuck at anything this long nor have I previously realised this is a journey with no end, not a goal-oriented period in time

• SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Honestly yes, it has been pretty easy for me. When I first started I'd exercise 5x a week which was really hard and I hated it, this lasted about 3 months before I got a sick and tired of it, since then I only do 20 minutes 3x a week and I'm losing 2 - 3lbs every week which I'm happy with, basically all I have to do is log my food and not eat like a pig and the weight comes off steadily. I'm still allotted enough calories where I can eat and not be hungry all the time, I guess things will get tougher as I get closer to my goal but for now I'm still going strong.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    The food part is effortless for me, but exercising isn't. It's hard work and I have to fight through pain and stiffness to do it. Conversely, I know that exercising helps both those things, so I talk myself into getting up and out to the gym 5 days a week. That keeps me motivated. I don't think it will ever be easy, but it is a habit now, and I am hooked on the results and improvement in my arthritis and fibromyalgia.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,923 Member
    Options
    feralX wrote: »

For me most important is to have a quick protein source available at all times. I precook 40lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts at a time.
    That's what I call focus and commitment. I cook chicken breasts rarely because I prefer the whole bird and one at a time. Losing weight for me is generally easy, because focus. I'm actually bulking right now and eat the whole damn bird.

• radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It feels effortless sometimes. I feel like it is getting easier as I establish more and more healthy habits, but of course there are some days where it seems like a big pain in the butt. ;) For me it's been all about adding more physical activity bit by bit, as well as making gradual adjustments to my daily diet (referring to the food I eat). Logging food, using apps and gadgets really help me a lot. I'm a big data person. I'm also trying to make the focus more on overall health than the weight loss, though the weight loss is a big part of it – I have 200+ pounds to lose. Still, what has really helped is keeping on even when the scale doesn't move, just because I want to make a LIFE change. :)
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Lol I love how all the people offended at your use of the word "effortless" are flagging your posts. I thought we were all adults here, there seems to be some real bitterness coming out in this thread.

What's made this easy on me is just treating it like it is - a lifestyle change (I can just hear people groaning at the term).

Is it difficult at times? Sure. I spent almost 30 years eating myself to 410 lbs. A year and almost 100 lbs later I still have to tell myself I only need one donut not the whole dozen. So does it feel completely effortless? Nah... but it is straightforward and elementary (synonyms of effortless!!!!)

When you do something the right way (which varies from person to person) long enough, it just becomes a part of life and becomes easier. This is the same for eating right, exercising, taking your medications, brushing your teeth...

Do what you need to do to make your goals stick. That is all.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Next to effortless. I feel it's more like (pre)commitment, dedication, habits, knowledge. I prefer to do it as easy as possible, to have a sustainable and flexible plan that is compatible with my real life - based around food I like that is fun to cook and lovely to eat, no foods are off limits but realizing some foods are easier to play with than others, and no planned exercise except from daily walks and pushups. I am naturally lazy and I love food - still I've lost weight and plan to maintain. The solution for me is to eat well and not be totally lazy all the time.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    After numerous diets when I always felt hungry -- not so this time with calorie counting etc. ; I never eat off a paper plate or out of a container. The last thing I want is a meal that screams “I’m on a diet!” I adjust plate size depending upon the meal. I also have healthy mid-morning / afternoon snacks and save some calories for the TV munchies (100-calorie popcorn, Fiber Bar, Jell, Sugar-free Fruit Cups, Edy’s Frozen Bars etc.) - I have probably been "hungry" twice in the last year. [Down 168 pounds so far ]