Favorite Protein Powder?

Options

Replies

• EricLFC1892
    EricLFC1892 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The Protein Works WHEY PROTEIN 80 (concentrate)
    It mixes perfect has the biggest range of flavours I've seen (all very tasty) and the price is very competitive.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    levitateme wrote: »
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard

Because it's good. It gives my boyfriend horrific gas, though.

What flavor do you use? I got the vanilla ice cream and I think it's vile.

try the chocolate peanut butter. If you mix with milk, it tastes like a liquid peanut butter cup
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    levitateme wrote: »
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard

Because it's good. It gives my boyfriend horrific gas, though.

That's usually because of lactose. Tell him to try whey isolate, they are usually low enough on lactose that even people who have issues with milk can digest it without any problems.
  • Lucknawi
    Lucknawi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Tried Iso Sensation 93 Chocolate Fudge last night, so darn good. It's like ice cream! I used it with chocolate soy milk and some fruit, was dessert in a cup.
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Combat by MusclePharm is great - the birthday cake flavor :)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Trutein, because it tastes the best. It's also one of the more expensive, so there's that.

This!!

Cinnabun, vanilla. Just like a milkshake.

• Nolan1009
    Nolan1009 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb- minimal ingredients, stevia instead of sucralose, great taste :) I also like Blue Bonnet but it's a bit more pricey
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the new Quest Nutrition protein powders, yet? I asked for the vanilla milkshake for Christmas figuring I can add some PB2 or cocoa powder or frozen fruit to mix up the flavor.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    42carrots wrote: »
    Does anyone use pea protein? If so can you make any recommendations for a good brand? I want to make vegan savoury protein bars and found a recipe using pea protein powder, but I don't really dabble in protein powders of any kind usually so I'm not sure what to look for. I did try to buy a vegetarian vanilla flavoured one once, but it was sickly artificially sweet tasting, so I couldn't really palate it My understanding is that some are grittier than others, brands to try (or to avoid) would be much appreciated, or if anyone has other vegetarian or vegan suggestions, that'd be great too.

I like plain "Now Sports" brand of pea protein. It's the only pea protein that I've ever used, but it is not at all gritty. in fact part of the reason I like it is because it is so smooth. The taste of it is great as well. It's definitely savory and reminds me of chicken pot pie filling. If you're going to make a savory bar, I definitely recommend it (and please give me the recipe you're using. I would like to try it)

• catic32
    catic32 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like the Quest protein bars ( cookie dough) But I have never had their protein powders
  • PerkisPower
    PerkisPower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Whey Protein Powder.

Cheap enough and tastes awesome when mixed with water and PB2(Which I suggest to everyone! ).
  • catic32
    Options
    I have not tried this elusive PB2 yet.
  • 09_Harley
    09_Harley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Muscle Feast Whey protein Isolate. It's only 105 calories and provides 26 grams of quality protein with zero fat's and zero carbs. It's all natural and sweetened with stevia and best of all, it's clean with under 5 additional ingredients.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Cheap enough and tastes awesome when mixed with water and PB2(Which I suggest to everyone! ).

I was using that one until I read about this:

https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/body-fortress-lawsuit

Apparently they've been padding their protein numbers.
  • catic32
    Options
    Progressive Harmonized Protein - natural chocolate.
    - Progressive Harmonized Protein features a synergistic blend of five high quality, New Zealand sourced proteins.
    - only 3 additional ingredients.
    - 24 grams of protein
  • PerkisPower
    Options

My first day on this website, and I already found a flaw in my everyday routine...

Thanks for the insight LHA!
  • catic32
    Options

My first day on this website, and I already found a flaw in my everyday routine...

LOL

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Sorry, I know it sucks! Someone pointed it out to me a couple of months ago and I'd been a religious user of Body Fortress products for months.
  • PerkisPower
    Options
    catic32 wrote: »
    I have not tried this elusive PB2 yet.

It's a must for peanut butter lovers who are trying to cut out the fat/calories.
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've been using Body Fortress , Strawberry and Chocolate Peanut butter but have also read the lawsuit against them for "Spiking" their powders. I'm now trying Six Star triple Chocolate Casein and I think I've found my new powder as its cheaper than ON and some others and the taste is great, especially with plain almond milk.