Healthy Options to Satisfy Sweet Tooth?!?!

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Chocolate

I agree with this. I used to try and find "healthier" sweet stuff when I wanted something sweet, but I usually just ended up with more calories and less sweet. Then I went the artificial sweetener route, but most didn't taste good. None of it really seemed worth it.

Now, I just go for a piece or two of chocolate and be done with it. Less calories in the long run and totally worth the calories.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I just work in a sweet end to the day usually. Ice cream works, as I usually only want about a half cup (I mean I could eat more, but that's satisfying). I could definitely substitute for high quality chocolate if in a chocolate mood. For me it's all about learning that just a bit is enough and being able to say "no, I'm having something tonight" if tempted at other times (and I don't think whatever it is should be worked into my calories, for whatever reason).

Beyond that, frozen bananas really are delicious and dessert like, and so are cooked apple with cinnamon (although I probably like fresh apple even better) and cooked banana (which I sometimes have as a side). Most of the time when I have a desire for something sweet eating some fruit is enough.
  • carolann1974
    carolann1974 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I attached a recipe for Chocolate Avocado Mousse. I really like it. I think it saved me many times in my 6months of low carb dieting. 6 months dropped 35#'s on Low carb. diet. Hurray!!
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    google crustless pumpkin pie...it is sooo good
  • Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This blog has a ton of yummy treats that are actually nutritious. It's my go to..and I have a huge sweet tooth!

http://www.thisrawsomeveganlife.com/p/recipes.html#.VJOEVWTF8rN
  • djrocketgirl1975
    Options
    I'm hook on quest bars! Any one with chunks in them, chocolate chip cookie dough, raspberry white chocolate, s'morse and cookies and cream... But there are tons of great low calorie healthy dessert online and in books....
    ultimate protein powder cook book, this is the newest one I bought.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    The gas stations around here sell individual chocolate covered cherries. I fill up my car 2-3x a week, and that is my "treat" - 2 chocolate covered Cella's cherries (107 cal for both) each time I go.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    talenti gelato ...

I second this!

Still looking for that damn Raspberry Cheesecake flavor.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    dunnodunno wrote: »
    talenti gelato ...

I second this!

oh it is good…soooo good….

do you have publix near you? They always have it at the publix that I go to...
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    May not be "healthy", but not bad in calorie count and scratches the brownie itch...Sheila G's Brownie Brittle (normally at Costco). About 120 calories per serving, and great snack.

That stuff is amazing!
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    talenti gelato ...

I second this!

Nope just checked on their website. Giant usually gets the newer flavors eventually. I did get the Raspberries & Cream flavor on Sunday & thought it was pretty good.
  • HappyPhantom4
    HappyPhantom4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    art6994 wrote: »
    Lately I've had a crazy sweet tooth and granola bars are getting really old trying to satisfy the sweet tooth (and they're just so small!)

Could anyone give me some recipes for some desserts (no bake, bake, whatever you have) or just any sweet, low cal recipes?! Thank you!

I freeze red grapes they taste like grape Popsicles to me, or spoon any flavor of yogurt into a ziplock bag and seal off the bag and squeeze it all down to a corner and snip off the tip and using a sheet pan squeeze out little dots of yogurt on it and freeze it over night. Also, navel oranges or mandarin oranges really help my sweet tooth.
  • HappyPhantom4
    HappyPhantom4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    art6994 wrote: »
    Lately I've had a crazy sweet tooth and granola bars are getting really old trying to satisfy the sweet tooth (and they're just so small!)

Could anyone give me some recipes for some desserts (no bake, bake, whatever you have) or just any sweet, low cal recipes?! Thank you!

I freeze red grapes they taste like grape Popsicles to me, or spoon any flavor of yogurt into a ziplock bag and seal off the bag and squeeze it all down to a corner and snip off the tip and using a sheet pan squeeze out little dots of yogurt on it and freeze it over night. Also, navel oranges or mandarin oranges really help my sweet tooth.
    I forgot, I also will dice up little bit of an apple (more or less depending on how much you want) I add it to a microwavable bowl and add just a bit of water, then sprinkle on 1/4 cup of oats or less, cinnamon, and 1-2 tsp. brown sugar and then microwave it until it's as hot as I want it and it's really good.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Kashi GOLEAN Crisp Cinnamon Crumble Cereal with a little sweetener on top. Not only does it satisfy my sweet tooth, but it also gives me tons of fiber and a decent amount of protein. It's a win-win. Of course, I do have my occasional (roughly two days a week or so) frozen yogurt. Yum!
  • 42carrots
    42carrots Posts: 97 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This is maybe just slightly off topic, but some people experience something called reactive hypoglycemia after eating a heavy meal, which can trigger a craving for sweets. If you think this may be the case and you'd like to try to curb it, you could try experimenting with having smaller meals more frequently and see if your cravings change at all. Making an effort to reduce carbohydrates and increase fiber content in meals is supposed to help as well. This is obviously completely anecdotal but I started paying attention to this after I learned about it, and I've noticed that when I do crave something sweet, it's usually after having a bigger meal that takes me beyond my hunger being satiated to the point of just being almost too full, so there may be something to it?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    talenti gelato ...

I second this!

The Raspberry Cheesecake was only released in test markets as it's one of their 2015 flavors. So hopefully the rest of us deprived people will be able to get it soon!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Ice cream/Gelato has been the easiest thing for me to fit into my day. 1 serving satisfies the sweet tooth normally, and fun to try all the good flavors.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Mini Haagen Dazs ice cream bars instead of full sized ones.
  • becbec777
    becbec777 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Honey, dark chocolate chips or bar, bananas.
  • verasdaughter
    verasdaughter Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump