Dogs or cats?

Options
__drmerc__
__drmerc__ Posts: 722 Member
Dog people are 100x better. If you love dogs you can have the privilege of adding me to your FL. If you love cats... go away

Replies

• blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Dogs rule. What kind do you have?

I have a dachshund kelpie cross (a rescue dog). She's a cutie.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    What if I love both?
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Dogs ROCK!!! I have two the other not shown is a Shih Tzu
  • mehwhatever
    mehwhatever Posts: 569 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I love both... but I'm pretty much a crazy cat lady. I have four unusually friendly meow-bags!
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Dogs... have 4... they are so like people as per the youngest of the group Coco, the Cairn terrier in the picture, has to be bribed with food to walk, lays on her back on the couch and gives me the evil eye if she does not want to be bothered for said walk. Whereas Lucy, the other Silky terrier, lives to walk, run you name it, anything to go. The other two are getting older and just want to sleep.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    I have a cat that needs a home. PM me if interested. Thanks.
  • Benjinkan
    Benjinkan Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Both. Grew up with dogs, but currently have 2 rescue cats.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    amymrls wrote: »
    What if I love both?

I even had a cat that thought she was a dog.
  • laurasuzie3
    laurasuzie3 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Dogs! I have two schnoodles. I'm highly allergic to cats and I find most of their personalities horrible.
  • maggymae78
    maggymae78 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have one of each - they are best buds, but I am a dog person...in fact, my cat is really more of a cat/dog

• EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Dogs, period. No discussion for me. BUT I've always loved this take on dogs vs. cats...

youtu.be/KJFp272w9u8
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i have both and love both.
  • Blainey93
    Options
    I'm allergic to both. :'( But that doesn't stop me owning two hyperactive springer spaniels! I love them.
  • Blainey93
    Options
    (Saying that, we found kittens while I was at uni this term, and they were absolutely adorable, so it's hard to say.)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I hate dogs and here is why:

Dogs are disgusting. They are stupid, needy, obnoxious, noisy and destructive. And they smell. Any animal that requires training to behave appropriately is not worth owning, IMO. It should be naturally well-behaved.

Plus I prefer to know my animal poops (and then kindly buries it) in ONE specific designated place where I say it's ok, versus having to hunt outside on my pretty lawn for fragrant little *kitten* bombs strewn all over the place. In honesty I've only known ONE dog in my entire life that I liked enough to actually want for my own. So for me, if it's not a cat, it can get out. :)

134480338496.gif

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    After working at a dog grooming place, I have confirmed that cats are better.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    <-- my profile picture says it all.

And I have two horses. I would not mind a barn cat to help with the mouse population, but my dogs would not share their home with a cat.
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    @AllOutof_Bubblegum‌

You know, "stupid, needy, obnoxious, noisy and destructive" and "requires training to behave appropriately" because it's not "naturally well-behaved" sounds an awful like kids...

How many of you dog owners have said having a dog is like "having another baby"? Little kids easily get of control, require lots of attention and "training" to properly go to the bathroom - don't they?

If I wanted "easy" I'd just get a plant.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    EZDUZIT68 wrote: »
    @AllOutof_Bubblegum‌

You know, "stupid, needy, obnoxious, noisy and destructive" and "requires training to behave appropriately" because it's not "naturally well-behaved" sounds an awful like kids...

How many of you dog owners have said having a dog is like "having another baby"? Little kids easily get of control, require lots of attention and "training" to properly go to the bathroom - don't they?

If I wanted "easy" I'd just get a plant.

Or you could just get a cat. ;)