I am eating almost 1000 calories a day but i am worried that its not enough....

Options
Arrigo99
Arrigo99 Posts: 17
edited December 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
I have lost 17 pounds this month with my new diet and exercise regime.... but i am concerned that my weight loss is going to stall only consuming to few calories. Does anyone have any success stories that will motivate me to keep on keepin on with my progress ? :) And i must add that i dont feel tired, or crabby, or sick so therefore i think im not going into starvation mode but how does one know ?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If you're actually eating 1000 a day, you're not eating enough.
  • Arrigo99
    Options
    because i have cut myself to just eating fruits veggies and protein.. breakfast consists of 1 egg and fruit, lunch usually fish , chicken and veggies, and dinner either a salad with chicken or steak with veggies and snacks are fruit.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If you're actually eating 1000 a day, you're not eating enough.

seconded. you need to consume enough for your organs to function properly.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    What's the rush? What you are doing is not sustainable in the long run.
  • Arrigo99
    Options
    i get my carbs from my fruits.. an apple has almost 30grams of carbs.. i eat fruit all day.
  • Arrigo99
    Options
    there is no rush i changed my lifestyle..
  • queenliz99
    Options
    The one who eats the most and stills loses is the winner.
  • Arrigo99
    Options
    im not looking for negativity in this post i was just seeing if someone else was on the same boat.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    No one is being negative.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Arrigo99 wrote: »
    im not looking for negativity in this post i was just seeing if someone else was on the same boat.

There's no negativity. 1000 calories is not enough for the vast majority of people to consume. What are your stats?
  • Arrigo99
    Options
    if im not hungry im not going to eat plain and simple.
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Are you working out at all?
    And everyone telling you to eat more is right.
    Not negativity but experience.
    Changing a lifestyle is good but not good enough if not sustainable.
    And eating 1000 cals a day is anything but sustainable.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    1000 calories isn't appropriate for most people. You should really work on hitting at least the 1200 calorie minimum, if not more. You need to properly fuel your body's life functions.

Just because you aren't feeling ill effects now, doesn't mean you won't in the future. Sometimes it takes a while for the effects to happen. Your hair isn't going to all fall out after 1 week. It'll start to come out slowly after a few weeks. Your nails aren't going to stop growing suddenly and it may take a while before you even notice it. Point being, there's alot of things going on in the human body that you are not going to be aware of/see until it's already snowballed.
  • Arrigo99
    Options
    Are you working out at all?
    And everyone telling you to eat more is right.
    Not negativity but experience.
    Changing a lifestyle is good but not good enough if not sustainable.
    And eating 1000 cals a day is anything but sustainable.

THANK YOU for being a genuine person.. i just started so personal advice is appreciated... apparently im not normal for the way i have been eating. And yes the days i exercise i eat more of course.
  • queenliz99
    Options

Then what is your question exactly?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

You can consume more calories without consuming more food. Choose foods with more caloric density.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    because i have cut myself to just eating fruits veggies and protein.. breakfast consists of 1 egg and fruit, lunch usually fish , chicken and veggies, and dinner either a salad with chicken or steak with veggies and snacks are fruit.

Minimum of 1200 calories and FGS get some variety into your life...you can eat anything and everything just make it fit into your calorie defecit
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Based on your weight loss, you are also losing at a VERY rapid rate. Depending on how much to have to lose, you may be really harming your body. Remember that your heart is a muscle and when you under eat for survival, then you are damaging (losing) your muscles, including your heart.

If you could give us your stats, height, weight, age, we could better direct you on what would actually be a healthy lifestyle versus what might be a very disordered eating lifestyle. A few of us have gone through this ourselves and so we would rather not see someone destroying their health.
  • Arrigo99
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

You can consume more calories without consuming more food. Choose foods with more caloric density.

what foods do you recommend then ?? I like about everything :)
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Nobody is being negative. People are asking you to eat more coz you are eating very less. You might not feel tired now but slowly you see the effects on your skin, health and hair and everything else. When I started I was restricting myself to 1200 calories a day and was not eating back my exercise calories so some days I was netting to 600-800 calories a day. It was very unhealthy and I saw lot of bad effects eventually. So, please, if you do not want to be on the same boat, do calculate your tdee and eat that amount.

I am only 5ft tall and no muscle mass, very skinny fat, only 110 lbs yet I yet 1400-1600 calories a day.