Pole Dancing?

Options
2»

Replies

• xalchemyx
    xalchemyx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    #1, let me know how it goes if you try it - i'm forever wishing i had the guts.

#2, tough crowd on these forums huh?
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    xalchemyx wrote: »

Yeah, tough. You should see my thread on aqua fitness. ;-)
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I came for pics of pole dancers, and left unsatisfied.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Did someone try to get funny and make jaws references?
  • 47Jacqueline
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

Did someone try to get funny and make jaws references?

Something like that. And also a bunch of withering wandas.
  • dbmata
    Options
    lol, withering wanda. I like.
  • 47Jacqueline
    Options
    I just found a special offer on Groupon - 2 classes for $15, which is not bad to try it out. I bought it, so I'm going to try it in January - I'll report back.
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I didn't go to classes I actually got a professional quality pole (X-pole Expert) for my home so that I could learn at home. My arms were NEVER stronger than when I was doing pole work. And I've always had weak arms.
    And it's so much FUN!

My pole isn't up in my new condo but I'm thinking of puting it up in the new year.

I've seen the poles that you can buy, I was interested in those as well with DVDs...so my fiance found me a nice youtube compilation of videos of girls on those poles and them tipping over/breaking and the girls landing on their faces. Do you find any issues like that with ones that you put in your home? And is yours bolted to the floor/ceiling?

• beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    No, but I would looooove to :))

I'm definitely doing it when I get back to DC
  • dbmata
    Options
    Slasher09 wrote: »
    I didn't go to classes I actually got a professional quality pole (X-pole Expert) for my home so that I could learn at home. My arms were NEVER stronger than when I was doing pole work. And I've always had weak arms.
    And it's so much FUN!

My pole isn't up in my new condo but I'm thinking of puting it up in the new year.

I've seen the poles that you can buy, I was interested in those as well with DVDs...so my fiance found me a nice youtube compilation of videos of girls on those poles and them tipping over/breaking and the girls landing on their faces. Do you find any issues like that with ones that you put in your home? And is yours bolted to the floor/ceiling?

If you anchor floor to ceiling, you'll be fine.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    @47Jacqueline‌ I signed up for a 5 week pole fitness course. I'll try to remember to message you or post here to tell you how it went. Classes are 90 minutes and every Saturday in January. I'm actually quite excited. I could use a bit more strength (I'm going the bodyweight training route) and flexibility.
  • sexymonicat
    Options
    Im a former dancer and I love it. Id say take a class. Learn the basics and then get a pole of your own. The x pole is the best but its 300 bucks . Theres a new american pole on amazon for 150 bucks. They both are designed to hold up to 300 lbs and are meant to do tricks on. They also have a spinning and non spinning mode. Omg I have 40 lbs to lose before I dare to get on a pole again. Theres nothing like wearing stripper shoes and dancing to your favorite songs. In fact everytime you hear a good song youll want to get home n dance to it.

ccbu4.gif
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Slasher09 wrote: »
    And it's so much FUN!

There are different qualities of poles. Most poles you find are the cheapy ones you get for $100 or less, that's what is in most of those tipping videos. They are "novelty" poles. You can grab them at "adult" shops. My pole is a professional quality pole and and costs about $400. Meaning = that b*tch don't tip. Lol. It is tension set (with pressure) not permanent (bolted into the ceiling). But it goes up SUPER secure. It is a conversion pole so it's a static and a spinner. I have never felt anything other than super secure on it, even when attempting inverts.
    *Side note: the first time I achieved an invert (flipping my legs over my head and holding myself upside down by my legs) I was so suprised that I actually did it that I let go of the pole in shock and came crashing to the ground hard core, lol. Brutal. But the best. Day. Ever.

• MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Im a former dancer and I love it. Id say take a class. Learn the basics and then get a pole of your own. The x pole is the best but its 300 bucks . Theres a new american pole on amazon for 150 bucks. They both are designed to hold up to 300 lbs and are meant to do tricks on. They also have a spinning and non spinning mode. Omg I have 40 lbs to lose before I dare to get on a pole again. Theres nothing like wearing stripper shoes and dancing to your favorite songs. In fact everytime you hear a good song youll want to get home n dance to it.

ccbu4.gif

Eeeeeee! Don't you just LOVE it!? It's the BEST stress reliever in the world. Don't you just love how swirly stripper shoes are? They're like ice skates when you walk around the pole, just swish swish swish. Dang, now I just want to go do some pole work!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    There's a pole dance studio in my neighborhood and I'm thinking of trying it. Has anyone done this. What should I expect the first time. I don't think I can hold myself up on a pole.
    With practice and gaining muscle... you most definitely can! I say go for it, you'll love it!!
    I just found a special offer on Groupon - 2 classes for $15, which is not bad to try it out. I bought it, so I'm going to try it in January - I'll report back.

Wonderful! Looking forward to hearing back :)
  • sexymonicat
    Options

ccbu4.gif

Eeeeeee! Don't you just LOVE it!? It's the BEST stress reliever in the world. Don't you just love how swirly stripper shoes are? They're like ice skates when you walk around the pole, just swish swish swish. Dang, now I just want to go do some pole work!

I do ! I wish there was a lady only club that girls can go to and get the stripper experience lol minus the guys . Its so much fun to hang out in lingerie and dance on stage to your own songs ") and in club lighting you dont need to be skinny to look good half naked lol haha

when I reach my goal im going to buy another pole. I bought a cheap pole before I found out about x pole years ago. I got it from a lingerie store and that s.o.b. was 300 bucks. I went back n demanded a refund or exchange after I tried to do a trick n it broke.
  • Fluffy_Fury
    Options
    I've poled and also done aerial hoop for around a year now. It's given me a confidence I didn't even believe possible. I love going to classes as I get so much more than just fitness from them. Everyone is amazing and the vibe is great- and I know it's the same at many other pole classes.

Cannot recommend enough. I would say go to classes before trying anything at home as there is a lot of scope for injury when poling. With proper instruction you can avoid injury through strong guidance. A dvd can't correct your mistakes!
  • 47Jacqueline
    Options
    I found a 2 class special on Groupon so I'm going to try it out in January. I don't think I would do it at home (besides the issue of not enough room). I've been just trying a whole bunch of different workouts than the traditional gym classes.
  • sexymonicat
    sexymonicat Posts: 111
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Not as a class but I have a pole in my living room and videos I use. It is awesome exercise. Mine screws into the beam across the ceiling (my husband configured it because we don't have a low ceiling to use the plate and it did pop out on me once) and is anchored to the floor. Platinum stages is where my husband got it. It's excellent quality and portable.