What Are Your Wierdest Food Habits?

Options

Replies

• SkinnyCandii
    Options
    I used to eat entire jars of Spanish olives in a sitting.

YUM!
  • mehwhatever
    mehwhatever Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Didn't realize how many people do the dance and hum thing when eating something yummy. I do that ALL THE TIME and people think it's so cute. My sister did it, too.
  • SkinnyCandii
    Options
    TinaBaily wrote: »
    The individual dishes on my plate must not touch , because I want to experience each dish as it was intended. I will scrape off any offending food that touches inappropriately before eating.

I eat M&Ms in color order: brown, red, orange, yellow, green, blue.

When eating French fries I bite it in half, making sure that one half is on the right side of my mouth and the other half on the left side of my mouth, before I feel I'm getting the full experience and enjoyment from the food. I found out not long ago that one of my sons does this, too.

When eating toast, I eat the crust off first, because the soft middle is the best part and I want to enjoy it last.

I tend to eat the food on my plate in clockwise order, starting with veggies and ending at the main dish.

The poster who mentioned doing a little happy humming dance when she ate something she really enjoyed brought back memories of my youngest brother who did the exact same thing. He would hum and wiggle around in his seat.

THis post makes me happy. I love people with silly quirks! :)
  • SkinnyCandii
    Options
    Didn't realize how many people do the dance and hum thing when eating something yummy. I do that ALL THE TIME and people think it's so cute. My sister did it, too.

Haha!
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i love stewed tomatoes strait from the can
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    I put Barbecue sauce on almost everything!
  • lisalips30
    lisalips30 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    im going to get crap about this one.... a sausage rolled up in a pancake and dipping it in ranch..
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    I eat meals one thing at a time i cant mix it... like ive im having a roast dinner or steak and salad i cant eat some steak then some salad etc i have to eat all the salad then the steak...

Also raw mushrooms and putting marmite in everything :)
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I can't eat 1 of anything! got to be 2/3......2 Mars bars, 3 packets of crisps, 2 pieces of cake!! It's a horrible habit :(
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Some think it's already weird to "say Grace" before eating :sad:, but I do so, sometimes before & after.
  • PeacefulBalance
    PeacefulBalance Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I eat one food first before I have the next one on my plate. I also save the crusts on pop tarts for the very end.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I mix Sirachi and Mayo and put it on EVERYTHING. As a sandwich spread or a dip.
  • Former_chubby_momma
    Former_chubby_momma Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Luckily not anymore, but I used to chew/spit when I wanted to taste something decadent that was outside my diet. It was pretty bad.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I like mustard on my fried potatoes and I really like Liver & Onions :blush:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's a weird habit or not, but when we go out to eat and I see something I've never had on the menu, that's what I will order.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I'm a chili-oholic. I put various chili products on almost everything: Tabasco, Sriracha, korean red pepper flakes, Sambal Oelek.

I love that burning and almost numbing sensation in my mouth. Can feel a little wave of beta-endorphins hit me when I reach the right amount of pain/burn.
  • rightaboutmeow
    rightaboutmeow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I tear excess bread or tortilla, etc off of everything I eat. Doesn't matter...sandwich, burrito, taco, quesadilla. If there is extra that's just plain bread you can bet it will be in a separate picked apart pile on my plate soon enough lol. I never really thought about it until someone pointed it out, and then at that point I was just like YAY I'm eating less carbs!...sort of lol.
  • llysenw
    llysenw Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Any sort of burger or uncut sandwich must be turned as I eat it, so that I'm eating around the whole thing and working may way towards the center. And if a sandwich is cut in half, I have to eat the outer, crust portions first.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    i sniff my food before eating. it's rude.
  • LilyMammoth
    LilyMammoth Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like pickles on my grilled cheese. I also can eat a whole jar of Spanish olives in one sitting. Yummmm.