Starbucks anyone?!

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    I'm thinking to celebrate the first day of my vacation I'm going to pick up a frappucino, 16oz, blended with whipped cream, an extra shot of espresso, aramel, macadamia nut, and chocolate syrup float on top, then a little whipped cream, but not too much because all that fat in the whipped cream can't be good for you.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I usually get a tall americano or a tall skinny flavored latte
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    grande skinny caramel macchiato.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Grande with heavy whipping cream and sugar free vanilla
  • Tall skinny Cinnamon dolce latte is a-m-a-z-i-n-g
  • wilsonunc
    wilsonunc Posts: 45 Member
    I like the grande skinny peppermint mochas or a grande nonfat cappuccino with cinnamon and splenda. x) I'm a bit of a caffeine addict.
  • catic32
    catic32 Posts: 105 Member
    edited December 2014
    Get what you like - ask for it non fat or fat free and no whip or toppings.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    I like cold drinks better than hot ones.

I get a coffee light frappuccino with sugar free vanilla syrup added. Only 110 calories.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Dark roast coffee misto w/ reduced fat eggnog at this time of the year! Or, just a dark roast with a splash of whole milk every other time of the year.
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Nonfat latte, either iced or hot depending on the season and my mood.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Grande Whole Milk Cappuccino
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    My favorite is the caramel macchiato, but in the winter I really enjoy the skinny peppermint mocha! However, if I'm trying to keep it REALLY low calorie I usually opt for either the cafe misto, cafe latte, or cappuccino (each with the standard 2% milk provide a nice ratio of carbs, fat, and protein, all for a very reasonable amount of calories and plenty of calcium)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Tall skinny Cinnamon dolce latte is a-m-a-z-i-n-g

Yes! I just found the cinnamon dolce k-cups at Target, also delicious.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Grande Whole Milk Cappuccino

Mmmm...love it! Tall salted caramel mocha with whip (but I'm bulking)
  • Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Mmmmm, lots of choices. As many have already said, asked for skinny versions. My fav is a tall caramel macchiato.
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Water

Then I would ask for directions to a decent coffee house.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited December 2014
    I've gotten Starbucks as a treat in the past and really loved it, but the last 3 or 4 times I've been really disappointed. I love pumpkin spice lattes and peppermint mochas. Vanilla lattes are pretty good too and I love iced an caramel macchiato in the summer. But I can't seem to get a correctly made drink there lately.

Last time I got a pumpkin spice latte was in a Target location. I grabbed it on the way out and let it cool while I loaded the bags and kids in the car. I got in the driver's seat and took my first sip and neatly spit it back out. It was WAY too much cinnamon. It also felt light so I looked in the cup. The whip had melted and the cup was barely half full. No wonder the flavor was crazy strong. It was missing most of the steamed milk. I was massively annoyed, but unwilling to schlep the kids all the way back inside to complain. That was before Thanksgiving and I haven't been to a Starbucks since.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    I just drink Pike Place with half & half, and a 1 teaspoon to 3 teaspoons of sugar. I am trying to cut down on sugar but it IS hard. But hey, I went from like nearly 6-7 teaspoons to what I intake nowadays. So there is some success. I have Starbucks coffee at home so I am not spending crazy money on some coffee. So my cup of coffee can vary from 58 calories to 90 calories, and I just drink one cup a day. Caffeine isn't good for MY heart.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    edited December 2014
    Unless you are diabetic don't do those crazy artificial sugars. Here's my back up:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/09/140917-sweeteners-artificial-blood-sugar-diabetes-health-ngfood/

Did you know that your body doesn't digest artificial sugars?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/17/artificial-sweetener-diabetes/15777225/
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Unless you are diabetic don't do those crazy artificial sugars. Here's my back up:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/09/140917-sweeteners-artificial-blood-sugar-diabetes-health-ngfood/

Did you know that your body doesn't digest artificial sugars?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/17/artificial-sweetener-diabetes/15777225/

USA today! So it must be true!