Concealed Carriers

Options

Replies

• Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    There's really no need for anyone to get nasty. It's all a personal choice. It's a right that as a Texan I have, and I will choose to exercise that right in a safe and responsible manner. Some people don't like it and that's fine. Takes all kinds to make the world go 'round, as they say.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the look of those, smantha. They're so pretty. But summers at 112 degrees might make that a bit less than ideal. LOL. That and drawing ability.

Yes, the heat is definitely a factor too. :)

• SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    Thanks for posting OP I'm noticing the same issues. Places I put mine before don't work so well now. This has been very helpful.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I am working on my own, did the class, took the test, and have been taking a look at holsters. I did see one that hooks on your bra - works well for chics with the ledge to hide. It's called the Flash-Bang.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Pipsg1rl wrote: »
    I am working on my own, did the class, took the test, and have been taking a look at holsters. I did see one that hooks on your bra - works well for chics with the ledge to hide. It's called the Flash-Bang.

what an awesome name for a holster
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    I work in a Courthouse. Deal with felons on a daily basis. I carry day and night. I carry on me (most of the time) or in my purse. It's a concealed carry purse with a very easily accessible, built in holster (which also has a lock on the zipper, if I choose to use it). When It's in my purse, my purse is on my shoulder ALWAYS! The Flash-Bang holster seems like a good idea but, It sucks! Good luck getting your hand down your shirt and out without getting tangled up in the collar, etc. Not a good idea. I'd wear an ankle holster first.
  • GDLAZ
    GDLAZ Posts: 3,784 Member
    Options
    I would say for a lady a CC handbag would seem most accessible, but that all depends on your scenario. Probably not going to carry that if you're out jogging. There's a slot on the side for you to access and it doesn't get lost inside the bag. There are a lot of options out there though as you've seen. If you have a local gun club go and talk to some of the people there. We have a local ladies shooting group where they can share ideas and learn from formal instruction as well as personal experiences.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Glynn20 wrote: »
    I work in a Courthouse. Deal with felons on a daily basis. I carry day and night. I carry on me (most of the time) or in my purse. It's a concealed carry purse with a very easily accessible, built in holster (which also has a lock on the zipper, if I choose to use it). When It's in my purse, my purse is on my shoulder ALWAYS! The Flash-Bang holster seems like a good idea but, It sucks! Good luck getting your hand down your shirt and out without getting tangled up in the collar, etc. Not a good idea. I'd wear an ankle holster first.

Maybe we're thinking of different ones. But the flash bang, attaches at the center of the bra. All the videos shows lifting your shirt and going from under not over.

I plan on becoming a CC soon.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »

Maybe we're thinking of different ones. But the flash bang, attaches at the center of the bra. All the videos shows lifting your shirt and going from under not over.

Either way, unholstering is not smooth.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yes! Oh my I spend more time trying every holster I have every day trying to figure out how to hide it now that my fat rolls dont do it for me anymore :) I have several corset type ones that work well (the hip level one works best so far, but the rib one above is ok too - and yes it was expensive).
    -
    - ABout the seat belt thing - he was being sarcastic to someone saying they did not feel the need to carry. I have said the same thing to someone who asked me why I carry all the time and not just when I "felt like I needed it". You dont wear your seat belt only when you think you are going to be in an accident that day - you wear it every day since you never know, and you dont carry your firearm only when you think you might be attacked that day - you carry every day since you never know. That was his point, not that he thinks you shouldnt wear a seat belt...
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem... the .357 mag I carry is bulky, but it's reliable and accurate. I have a hard time concealing it, but really you probably are more sensitive to the bulge your firearm creates than anyone else. You know it's there so you assume everyone else will know what that bulge is. You are legal so ultimately, it doesn't matter if anyone knows or not.

Carry with confidence dearie. :)
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Ok! I do not carry.
    Daughter does because of her job and she has to carry at all times (except on international flights).
    She is 5'9" and weighs approximately 118 lbs (somewhere around a size 2). That being said, her solution (most will not be able to do this) is to have her clothes talyored to her. I have yet to notice her 9mm klock creating any bulges. She also carrys a 32 cal in an ankle holster as her back up.

Might want to consider a couple of jackets/outer garmnets taylored to carry.

Just one ole man's opinion......................
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    The Ruger LC9 is a very nice choice. I was looking at one myself
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    It must be terrible to go through life in constant fear someone is out to get you.

I would rather be safe than sorry, lot's of nut cases out there
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It must be terrible to go through life in constant fear someone is out to get you.

Are you saying you do not pay attention to your surroundings in a dark parking lot? Walk around with your money hanging out for people to see? Leave your purse at the table when you go to the bathroom?

It is not about living in constant fear - it is preventative and reasonable caution. I wear a seatbelt even though I am a "good" driver. I do not do it because I live in constant fear of being in a car accident. It is just common sense and what makes me feel comfortable and safe. And just like my firearm - it is simply a habit I no longer think about or question. I just do it.
    -
    - I live in much less "fear" by carrying. In fact, I think about my safety WAY less now than I did before I carried. It is a just as much a reasonable precaution as walking through central park carrying mace, just in case you need it.
    -
    - Seriously?

• Aint_Misbehavin
    Aint_Misbehavin Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I got my ccw a few years back as a precaution...as a real estate agent during the Phoenix housing crash, there were too many foreclosed houses that had squatters/drug addicts in them and I was running into them at least weekly. At first I used the Flash bang holster and it was fine for a small j frame. When I moved to a Glock 17, Flash bang didn't offer an under bra holster that would work so I carried openly (I live in AZ). I recently started carrying a 1911 and bought a crossbreed IWB supertuck that I wear in the small of my back. I wear tank tops most of the time and have had no issues with printing. It's not as easy to draw from as a hip holster but more practice will improve that.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Cause no one is ever murdered, raped or kidnapped for no reason, right?
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    The Ruger LC9 is a very nice choice. I was looking at one myself

This is my personal carry. Highly recommend. Small and powerful. Highly recommend getting the factory installed laser sight for added accuracy and speed in self-defense situation, worth the extra $90 or so.

It must be nice to be so naive and trusting, thinking police are actually going to save you in a life and death situation. Far too many of those going on where I live to not be prepared to defend yourself. Cops exist to roll out crime scene tape, issue traffic tickets, and chase drug money. Nothing more. Safety is an illusion.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »

Either way, unholstering is not smooth.

I'm still looking at my options. What would you recommend looking at?
  • GDLAZ
    GDLAZ Posts: 3,784 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy for all of the Aussies who live in such a safe environment. Wait a second, didn't they make the news about a week ago? Darn, I guess anything can happen just about anywhere can't it? The point is you never know. I'd rather be carrying and not ever need it, than need it and not have it. Would you drive your car without a spare tire and tools just in case?