How much can you squat?

The title pretty much says it all. How much can you squat?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    :( a sh!tty 235- clean 225.

I has sad panda.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Not enough.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    Not enough.
    ^^^
    trooff

LOL- we're a bunch of pessimistic a-holes aren't we LMAO
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Hahaha, will it ever be "enough"? There's always a little more room on that bar for more plates.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    I think people want to just see where their body will top out. I am at 305 which is trash but oh well. I do want to be able to squat my BW 50 reps though one day.
  • cmazurek85
    cmazurek85 Posts: 99 Member
    5 x 5 is 165 lbs!
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    I'm at 155 (for reps), but I had some mental blocks that have kept the weight down. Finally moving things up.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    I hit 255 last week... I want to be able to do 225 for reps.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    My 1RM is 275 @145lbs BW, I would like to get that to 2xBW. Though am nursing a slight knee injury so may be well into the new year when I can hit it.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    185 for reps (5x5) - never tested 1rm
  • Lofteren
    P
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    I think people want to just see where their body will top out. I am at 305 which is trash but oh well. I do want to be able to squat my BW 50 reps though one day.

People's mental strength usually breaks down before their physical strength, though. Very few people actually get to the point where their body is completely topped out.
  • yopeeps025
    Lofteren wrote: »
    P

People's mental strength usually breaks down before their physical strength, though. Very few people actually get to the point where their body is completely topped out.

I can agree that some do get scared of the injury. I will say that me personally I have more mental strength over physical strength which was how I tore my pec. I did not really put on a lot of weight. I did increase every session because I though I could until that loud pop sound that sounded like a 45 plate falling. It was one of my sadest days in lifting career but it did show me that my mental toughness was up there to push my body like that.

• Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    585 with wraps.
  • Lofteren
    P

I can agree that some do get scared of the injury. I will say that me personally I have more mental strength over physical strength which was how I tore my pec. I did not really put on a lot of weight. I did increase every session because I though I could until that loud pop sound that sounded like a 45 plate falling. It was one of my sadest days in lifting career but it did show me that my mental toughness was up there to push my body like that.

It probably shows that you had your elbows flared during the bench as well which will put anyone at risk for a torn pec. Do you have a vid?
  • Lofteren
    585 with wraps.
    Geez, that's some awesome carry over from your knee wraps! I haven't quite figured them out yet. They really just make me uncomfortable and my feet go numb.
  • yopeeps025
    P

It probably shows that you had your elbows flared during the bench as well which will put anyone at risk for a torn pec. Do you have a vid?

that + a wider grip then I should+ still touching my chest+ not bring the bar low = more likely tearing my other pec.

I did have bad form back then. Although doctor tried to say since you had so much scar tissue your pec was going to go one day and recommend I do not touch my chest. I looked at him funny.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    Not enough.

^I agree. Squatting is my nemesis. <sigh>
  • Lofteren
    P

that + a wider grip then I should+ still touching my chest+ not bring the bar low = more likely tearing my other pec.

I did have bad form back then. Although doctor tried to say since you had so much scar tissue your pec was going to go one day and recommend I do not touch my chest. I looked at him funny.

Just work on that arch! You can still touch your chest without rotating your shoulder much at all. We should probably stop talking about bench in a squat thread though lol
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    5x5 200# but the arthritis in my knees and hips has caused me to back off
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    I just PR'd 145 last week. I'm pretty stoked