How much can you squat?

Replies

• jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Lofteren wrote: »
    My best was 645 raw w/out wraps at the APF Show of Strength last June but I stretched my left LCL a little while doing it. I'm hoping to beat that this upcoming April at another APF meet but this time I'll be a 308 instead of a super heavy.

Very impressive! IMO - you easily had another 20# on that effort!

• fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    jmule24 wrote: »
    Better question to see people's response would be.... "Have you ever crapped your pants while trying to squat???"

If you've never sharted while squatting, you're not squatting heavy enough.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    jmule24 wrote: »
    The title pretty much says it all. How much can you squat?

Better question to see people's response would be.... "Have you ever crapped your pants while trying to squat???"

one of my videos I posted up- I get set under the bar- then back out- and I start giggling..

and I'm pretty sure you can *just* barely hear me say "never trust a fart on squat day. LULZ- because- NEVER trust a fart on squat day.

Haha! I love people who are honest! I had to fail at the bottom of a rep a while back for that very reason, I knew if I went to "push" the weight up it would have ended very badly!!!
  • evarga12
    evarga12 Posts: 55 Member
    285lbs (1X5) @ 170 body weight.. I just started incorporating squats and deads in October. I have been gradually increasing my strength. I fell it's a mental struggle for me to get stuck at the bottom. I have been trying to pass this blockage. I want to be able to rep out 315 sometime in January.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    The most I've ever done is 315. Haven't gone heavier since, but I doubt I can do much more just yet.
  • autopilot_off
    autopilot_off Posts: 83 Member
    A paltry 240 on 5X5 currently. I've never done a 1RM, I need to find me some spotters...
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    fatfudgery wrote: »
    I've been fighting to get past 5x405lbs. Full-on mental block as soon as I see four plates on the bar. :\

Then put 2 plates, 2 35's and 1 quarter on each side. Srs. I do it with lifters that I train all the time, it works.
  • sdeburca88
    sdeburca88 Posts: 5 Member
    155kgs x 4
    @ 80kgs bw.
    but loads more in tank I feel
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited December 2014
    285lbs deep with belt.
  • sdeburca88
    sdeburca88 wrote: »
    155kgs x 4
    @ 80kgs bw.
    but loads more in tank I feel
    342lbs x4
    I think
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Doesn't matter if you don't squat deep.. Learned that the hard way... back squat finally up to 315x2.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    I'm reduced to sets of 3-4 @275lbs because my hamstring has been bugging me.
  • sdeburca88
    Doesn't matter if you don't squat deep.. Learned that the hard way... back squat finally up to 315x2.

I think u mean doesn't count if u don't squat deep. In powerlifting ur hip joint must be below ur knees.below parallel.otherwise doesn't count
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    225x5 @ 172lbs. I was up around 245 at one point but my form was sloppy so I dropped back down
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    As of the end of last week I was at 210 for 5x5.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Some awesome numbers here! Current platform best of 120kg/264lb, and just did an easy 3rm at 245lb on Sunday
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Back squat: 270 1RM in September. Just finished a 6-week 5/3/1 cycle at 235 x 6.

Front squat: 200 1RM in March. Only time I've ever tested it. I've been doing fronts as an assistance lift @150 x 8-10.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    5x5 is 140 which is my body weight. I have come to terms that I will never be able to pull huge #'s in the squat rack. I have a jacked up lower back and crap knees.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    :( a sh!tty 235- clean 225.

I has sad panda.

Sorry to thread jack, but I have not ever seen a picture of your face before and you my dear are stunning!! That is all. Carry on!

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    fatfudgery wrote: »
    I've been fighting to get past 5x405lbs. Full-on mental block as soon as I see four plates on the bar. :\

Then put 2 plates, 2 35's and 1 quarter on each side. Srs. I do it with lifters that I train all the time, it works.

truth- I've put 3 plates on my DL because I'm hovering at 305- and it hasn't worked- I mean- i've tried adding the two 5's- but that hasn't worked either- but yeah- extra big plates is an instant turn off LMAO.

Sorry to thread jack, but I have not ever seen a picture of your face before and you my dear are stunning!! That is all. Carry on!

aw thank you so much <blush>

was time for a change LOL- I'll change it back to something inappropriate in a month or two LOL serious A@@ always made me chuckle...

funny story- I'm constantly scrolling past my posts when I'm trying to catch up b/c I forget it's me LOL