Emergency hungry meal?

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    When I get In from work I always have an under 200 cal snack of a slice of white farmhouse bread toasted topped with either cottage cheese, avocado and tomato, or egg white scrambled with mushroom and with cheddar cheese topped with black pepper
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    1-2 eggs, scrambled or boiled (if I have some prepared already).

Then I can think about other food without being all "must go get tacos & Snickers ice cream bars"
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    1-2 eggs, scrambled or boiled (if I have some prepared already).

Then I can think about other food without being all "must go get tacos & Snickers ice cream bars"

Yes, for me handful of nuts or olives and I can think rationally until dinner time. :smile:
  • leanne0605
    leanne0605 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Tuna
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Fast food :(
  • Misslove36
    Misslove36 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Misslove36 wrote: »
    Chicken quesadilla usually. I keep cooked chicken in the freezer most of the time.
    How do you make these?

Can you cook ready cooked chicken straight from the freezer?

I soak it in lukewarm water for a bit to help thaw, or use the microwave if I'm super hungry.

I just get a tortilla, cut up the chicken, toss in some cheese and throw it in a frying pan. You don't even need to add butter or anything. Everything gets all melty and delicious.

I have never had these, they sound nice, where can I find a nice low calorie recipe please
  • fluffyasacat
    fluffyasacat Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Chicken and corn soup, with our without actual chicken. I keep homemade chicken stock in 500ml containers in the freezer. Thaw one in a saucepan with a can of creamed corn and a frozen chicken wing or two, or a thigh or a breast (if I have them). When it's simmering I add a raw egg and stir it through.
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big processed food eater but.....Trader Joes has a frozen meal that is Salmon with orzo, zucchini, and spinach in a yogurt mint sauce. It's only 350 calories, tastes great and cooks in 7 minutes in the microwave. I always have a couple of these in the freezer for those days that I need to have a meal quickly -- before I start shopping in my pantry .
  • Tea_Mistress
    Tea_Mistress Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Micro porridge w/ almonds ^_^
  • Misslove36
    Options
    Chicken and corn soup, with our without actual chicken. I keep homemade chicken stock in 500ml containers in the freezer. Thaw one in a saucepan with a can of creamed corn and a frozen chicken wing or two, or a thigh or a breast (if I have them). When it's simmering I add a raw egg and stir it through.

That sounds nice I will try it thanks
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    A high fiber/protein wrap with some deli meat and cheese and a bag of frozen veggies.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Omelet. Julia Child has a hilarious show on how to make one in two minutes.

With more parsley than you'll ever need! Poof!

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Omelet.

That's mine. There are always cheese and eggs in this house.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Omelet. Julia Child has a hilarious show on how to make one in two minutes.

This is mine too.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Almonds, boiled egg or pork skins fit into my macro well at such times.
  • Misslove36
    Options
    That's a good one to remember thanks
  • rachellll98
    Options
    Have an apple or some cereal right when you get home! Then you can take the time to make a real dinner without being starving.
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Rice + tin of tuna + random frozen vegetables = lazy girl dinner xP
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Really good suggestions here. I'll add: hunger is rarely an emergency. I used to think that way but now I realize I will be okay!
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Rice and eggs, but I *always* have cooked rice in the fridge.