I get hungry- really just can't eat less

Options

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    5'5" and 105, and wanting to lose more?

You need to speak with a professional. That is not healthy at all.

This link will help you out. http://nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support
  • rachellll98
    Options
    Pincushion, you make weight lifting sound appealing. That is incredible. I do not think that I feel comfortable going to the gym to do it because I do not know what I am doing and would feel uncomfortable. But I might see what exercises I could do without equipment. I might do just 5 or 10 minutes a day and see what happens. If I don't like it I can always stop, or if I like it I can do more. Thanks for the real and helpful suggestion.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I'm 4' 11" and a medium frame. 103 is the lowest on my healthy BMI scale. My doctor wants me to get to about 120 lbs. I cant imagine even with a small frame at 6 inches taller than me any doctor would ok that. I hope you find a solution that is healthy for you. Lifting will reshape your body and make you happier with it. Like they said bulking up is hard work you have to really work at it. It wont be a problem.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    kcd1961 wrote: »
    You have a problem. Get some help wb1db2jy5k77.jpg

Please seek medical help

Your life could be so much better than this!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I can't ever weigh my food because I live at home and it would look suspicious,
    You need to seek the help of an ED counselor.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    5'5" and you want to be 98 pounds? My heart is breaking for you :(
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well you're hungry because your body is used to overeating. Get more out of your calories by eating more protein - it will be more filling. You will get used to it.

EDIT: I posted this thinking you were overweight. You can't lose weight because you're already too low in weight. Are you trying to tone up? Lose body fat? A lot of times people think being squishy is due to being overweight. It's just a lack of tone. If that is your issue, you'll actually want to eat MORE to build up muscle.
  • FredDoyle
    Options
    holly55555 wrote: »
    Well you're hungry because your body is used to overeating. Get more out of your calories by eating more protein - it will be more filling. You will get used to it.

No. she's hungry because she's under-eating. Stop enabling.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    holly55555 wrote: »

No. she's hungry because she's under-eating. Stop enabling.

As you can see by my edit, I missed the comment about her Stats and revised.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    You are probably eating LESS than you think. Whereas most people underestimate their food, you are overestimating. You said you ate a bagel and picked the 400+ calorie entry for it because it was the highest. But I seriously doubt you actually at a large (eatery style) bagel - more likely it was 250 calories. If you are doing that with all your food, you are probably eating way less than what you say. Measure accurately, dont just pick high numbers at random.

And yes, 105 is underweight at 5'5". So prob best to stop counting altogether and just eat when you are hungry and not worry about your weight at this point. Talk to someone in person soon...
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    With those stats why would you want to lose weight. It won't make you look any better, and likely will make you not only look worse but will contribute to health issues outside of that as your body dips into necessary things like muscle and organs to provide energy.

It would be a good thing to know what exactly your goals are that losing weight is supposed to achieve. Please tell us?
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Here is my update (edit: I know this is annoyingly way too long I'm sorry!). I am okay with posting my stats if it is required to receive helpful information from some people, though I don't think it matters that much? I am not hiding anything...

Stats: I weigh about 103 to 105 depending on time of day. I am 65 inches tall. I am a college student. Soon I'll be back at school. I can buy and eat any foods at school because on my own entirely for food so there are no limitations there. I'll have all the typical kitchen appliances.

Goal: My goal is first 102, then 99.8, then 98, but only if I feel it is healthy for me. If I am satisfied with 99.8, I will stay there. Once I get to 98 I will definitely be happy with that and will be done. I'm saying this so you understand I am paying close attention to health and wellness. If I ever feel a concern about my health, I will immediately return to normal eating. I have already decided this. (Also I was reluctant to post stats because people can't tell through the internet what you look like and might be judgmental. I have a very small frame size. So I can say with confidence that it is reasonable for me to want to lose just 5 to 6 pounds.)
    No one is going to help you. You're already underweight.

Work out. Build some muscle.

• FredDoyle
    Options
    How old are you rachellll98?
    My guess is 16.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    If you're running 10 miles a day and you crank down the carbs, you're probably going to hit a wall.

Nobody can give you meaningful advice without first seeing what you're actually eating. And from your posts, it doesn't sound like you are logging accurately.

Figure out where you are, before launching into a new direction....

100% this.

OP, absolutely do not cut down on your carbs with all the running you do. I'm a runner as well, and if I cut down on carbs I get tired during my running and I crash pretty quickly.

If you are running ten miles a day, my guess is you are not overweight. What is your height, weight, age, and gender, and how much are you trying to lose?

How is your weight doing now?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Lifting, I didn't fill it out correctly. I just put all my calories under one meal as quick add. But here is a summary: It's mostly pasta/breads/cereal/hot chocolate/a lot of lean protein/a little fruit/not a lot of vegetables. I'm not sure how much fiber I eat. I wasn't really aware of that. But anyways, at least for dinner I have to eat whatever my family is eating and it's mostly pasta/meat.

And for exercise I mostly burn about 500 to 1000 calories in a day. So my goal is 1700 to 2200 depending on the day, but I can't eat that amount without ending up feeling hungry and going past it by several hundred calories.

if you only weigh 103 pounds why are you worried about going over on cals a little bit?

you are hungry because your activity level is high and your calories are low..

eat more.

end thread/

103? My gosh, the OP should not be trying to lose weight at all.
  • rachellll98
    Options
    Okay, thank you for your suggestions and advice. Actually I am changing my goals and plans, so I am no longer seeking any further advice.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Okay, thank you for your suggestions and advice. Actually I am changing my goals and plans, so I am no longer seeking any further advice.

For some reason I doubt you're really changing your plans. I'd bet you're just stopping seeking advice since you're repeatedly hearing truths that don't fit your world view.

I hope I'm wrong ... but I doubt that I am.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I am most likely not going to become a doctor over night- because I looked up how to apply a cold compress on my leg and didn't go to med school
    I am most likely not interested in weight lifting because actually I am not interested in being bulky.

that's pretty much same thing.

Lifting weights=/= bulky.

it can- but you have to work insanely hard at it- like YEARS.

stop sweating your food and trying to lose weight- you won't "most likely" be happy at 99 pounds. If you aren't happy with yourself now at 108- you won't be happy 10 pounds less.

lift some weights- feel better about you as a person. and see a therapist.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options

This is not at all convincing.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you are under 18 go and post on sparkteens.

Get some medical help.