Snacks you eat that are low calorie, low fat, low sugar and help with hunger

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    People say that, but it doesn't work for me at all. Some foods are the devil. I know this is supposed to be the current thinking, but I think people have to listen to their own bodies because everyone is different. If I ate like you, even in small portions I'd easily weigh over 200 lbs.

Foods are the devil, really tell me more?

No in small portions if you didn't eat in a surplus you would not gain weight. Low calorie, low fat, low sugar, and help with hunger??? good luck with that
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    It has taken a while but I now have more than 3 meals per day. They are smaller and reduce my urge to snack.

Which foods are the devil? Search for the brain's reaction and hormones release when you have foods that are salty, sweet, or fatty. Not evil, just a physiological response.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    water. good luck

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    apples
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Lately my snack of choice is hummus and bell pepper strips. Aldi makes a Cilantro Jalepeno one that rocks my world.

No foods are the devil, but if you know you can't have just a small bite or piece of something, I know for me it's best to just not eat it. I know if I have a piece of cake/pie, I'll be hungrier afterwards. It's just not worth it. But you really can't go your entire life knowing a food group is out. Special occasions, fine. It's life.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Jerky, almonds, apples, greek yogurt
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    I get what I call Diet Fatigue. I get tired of my food fairly easily. I am also a snacker. I'd rather snack than eat a whole meal, but I find it difficult to find healthy snacks that actually have taste. If you have a recipe you'd like to share that would be great too! Thanks in advance.

List some low calorie snacks that you eat that are low calories, low fat, low sugar and help with hunger. List also the amount that you usually eat. I'

There's no such thing but water

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pork tenderloin, 2 TB of hummus, vegetables . . . I just made tuna salad and it was low in calories, fat, sugar etc. There are plenty of low fat/low sugar/low cal foods out there that aren't "diet".

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I get what I call Diet Fatigue. I get tired of my food fairly easily. I am also a snacker. I'd rather snack than eat a whole meal, but I find it difficult to find healthy snacks that actually have taste. If you have a recipe you'd like to share that would be great too! Thanks in advance.

List some low calorie snacks that you eat that are low calories, low fat, low sugar and help with hunger. List also the amount that you usually eat. I'

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pork tenderloin, 2 TB of hummus, vegetables . . . I just made tuna salad and it was low in calories, fat, sugar etc. There are plenty of low fat/low sugar/low cal foods out there that aren't "diet".

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are not snacks though. Nor is pork tenderloin. Hummus is high fat, it's over 60% fat. Vegetables are mostly carbs which are sugars, thus they don't qualify either.

• jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are not snacks though. Nor is pork tenderloin. Hummus is high fat, it's over 60% fat. Vegetables are mostly carbs which are sugars, thus they don't qualify either.
    there you go again with your logic and sound advice. ...

• goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options

I've snacked on chicken and pork. You don't have to sit down and have it as a huge meal.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I guess that depends on your definition of snack- I don't eat big meals- so all of my foods are "snack sized" up till my 'after gym' meal- which is usually fairly large.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

Actually, I had a really nice "snack" of rotisserie chicken breast today. I went to Costco this afternoon (yes, I'm a masochist this close to Christmas), couldn't resist buying one and ended up snacking on about 4 ounces of white meat while watching TV. :grinning:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

I've snacked on chicken and pork. You don't have to sit down and have it as a huge meal.

For real, I'll snack on whatever I want. I'd take an ounce or two of chicken over a stupid banana any day.
  • princessnarmor
    princessnarmor Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    People say that, but it doesn't work for me at all. Some foods are the devil. I know this is supposed to be the current thinking, but I think people have to listen to their own bodies because everyone is different. If I ate like you, even in small portions I'd easily weigh over 200 lbs.

You don't even know how I eat.

I, like many others, are only pointing out that eating certain foods do not make you gain weight. Overeating makes you gain weight.

I think that when you are your age, that is probably true. But when you are my age, its really about WHAT you eat as much as it is how much you eat. I could eat 1300 calories a day with sugar or bread or added fat and I won't lose weight. I am allergic to sugar and wheat. So see you can't just say this is the way it is for everyone. Everyone is different.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

I, like many others, are only pointing out that eating certain foods do not make you gain weight. Overeating makes you gain weight.

I think that when you are your age, that is probably true. But when you are my age, its really about WHAT you eat as much as it is how much you eat. I could eat 1300 calories a day with sugar or bread or added fat and I won't lose weight. I am allergic to sugar and wheat. So see you can't just say this is the way it is for everyone. Everyone is different.

That is just because you are allergic to those things then. Otherwise, it's about calories in vs. calories out.
  • princessnarmor
    Options

I can't do the hummus, tried that. But veggies are definitely in. When I stopped eating wheat in sandwiches for lunch and substituted grilled chicken salad, I started losing weight.

• princessnarmor
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I guess that depends on your definition of snack- I don't eat big meals- so all of my foods are "snack sized" up till my 'after gym' meal- which is usually fairly large.

You eat like me!

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

That is just because you are allergic to those things then. Otherwise, it's about calories in vs. calories out.

This.

Why didn't you mention your allergies before? Are you really allergic or just don't want to eat them for fear of gaining weight? That would mean you can't eat A LOT of things... Would be nice to know your dietary restrictions BEFORE everyone gave you advice...
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

Age is nothing to do with it - that's just making excuses.
    The bottom line is eating the right number of calories to achieve your weight goals.

Are these real and properly diagnosed allergies? All sugars or just one type in particular?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Still not entirely true. What about those who are diabetic, insulin-resistant, have PCOS, thyroid issues, etc.? It's not always about CICO for anyone who doesn't have allergies. It would be more realistic to say "Unless you have an underlying medical condition, it's about CICO." Oftentimes, that gets the OP to state they have a condition they previously omitted mentioning.