What are you having to eat for christmas?

Options

Replies

• krympmeg22
    krympmeg22 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Scandinavian rice porridge with butter, sugar and cinnamon for lunch
    (An almond is slipped into the pot and whoever finds it gets a marzipan-pig)
    Dinner is a huge pork rib cooked for several hours with lots of fat. I think an average christmasdinner portion is something like 1700 kcal.. xD
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    Chinese food and movie theater popcorn. What else do Jews eat on Christmas?

Me too - except I'll be going bowling and eating Chinese food. The movie theaters are too crowded!

• fruuiity
    Options
    Everything is vegan ^^
    For l'enteé, we have hummus with veggies and soup
    The main menu are filled mushrooms, veggie-rice-balls, baked potatoes and spinach
    Our dessert is a nice blueberry-cake
    I love it :)
  • KeepTheFaith9
    KeepTheFaith9 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites over the next 2 days include:

* Conch Salad
    * Stuffed Quahogs
    * Stuffed Squid Simmered in a Red Sauce
    * Scallops Wrapped in Bacon
    * Stuffed Shrimp
    * Prime Rib
    * Lasagna

Going to enjoy it immensely!

Merry Christmas!
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    I'm in Australia too and it's hot. We're having a beach picnic with my sister. I'm taking roast chicken, creamy potato bake, Asian slaw and something I saw on Pinterest called cowboy crack, lol. Sis will be bringing lots of food to share, including a favourite savoury dish our great aunt made. I'll be drinking a nice NZ Sauvignon Blanc and hubs will guzzle (too much) beer.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    City Chicken (a receipe from my husband's Polish Grandmother), homemade potato salad, veggies (this year corn and brussel sprouts) rolls and a birthday cake.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    blueakama wrote: »
    We've decided to have a roast duck this year, with roast veggies and crispy potatoes. I'm mostly looking forward to trying heston blumenthal pudding with custard.

Then we going to do it all again at both my relatives. The biggest danger is cheese and biscuits which will be on offer at my in-laws before lunch is served. So I've decided to take some veggie sticks and hummus along instead.

What's on your menu?

Everything.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Apple fritters with powdered sugar "snow" and whatever fruit they find in the toe of the stocking
    Lunch: Reindeer shaped pbjs and "grinch" fruit kebabs
    Dinner: Roasted turkey, vegan mashed potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts, snowman shaped dinner rolls, a Christmas tree shaped crudite tray, holiday krispie treats and buche de noel.

• jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    going all out healthy and delicious this year. Prawns and Deep Sea Scallops as an appetizer and grilled wild Alaska Sockeye Salmon w asparagus (but we are having fried bologna for breakfast)
  • dawn0293
    dawn0293 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Not going to be eating at home so no idea yet. Not that it really matters, I saved up enough calories to splurge all I want.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Eating at the in-laws, traditional turkey roast. Chestnut stuffing, teeny pigs in blankets etc. but it's the roast potatoes I'm always most excited about.

I've made potted shrimp for starters and a trifle big enough to bathe in for afters. It's the third trifle I've made this week though. Today I used 900ml of cream and 12 egg yolks for the custard - it's not terrible gluttony as there will be a lot of people eating, but damn, that's a lot of custard Nigella.
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yum I wish we were having trifle and Yorkshire puddings. They're my favourite.
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Boeuf bourguignon, noodle, spinach and cranberry upside down cake!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    liverwurst, rye bread, and a nicely made senf.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Creamy tomato soup, using homegrown tomatoes and almond milk and homemade bread to start.
    Vegan nut roast, traditional roast vegetables straight off our veg plot, vegan sosmix and stuffing with vegetable gravy.
    - and for dessert, Summer fruits pudding with fruits gathered this summer from fields and garden with soya yogurt or almond milk based custard.
    - well fed and not one animal dead.
    - Merry Christmas everyone.
  • BeginningAgainMay14
    Options
    There's only three of us this year, so it will be small. We're having roast prime rib, steamed sweet potatoes, cauliflower roasted with olive oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper, and a green salad with avocado and oranges. Dessert is pecan pie and whipped cream.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    We are doing honey glazed ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans and corn bread... macros? what macros ;)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Wine.
  • Nightfall_30
    Nightfall_30 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Spending Christmas alone :( So I cooked myself a massive meal (most of which went into the fridge for tomorrow - Mozzarella & mixed leaf salad, mixed mushroom risotto, pepperoni pizza and a slice of a store-bought log cake.

3aa0q2e5fc4x.jpg
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    To cater for all the different tastes we had the following:
    Starter
    Onion rings with bbq sauce
    Battered mushrooms with onion and garlic dip
    Cheesy nachos with cheesy sauce dip
    Main:
    Four bird roast
    Quorn roast
    Pork stuffing
    Sage and onion stuffing
    Yorkshire puddings
    Roast potatoes
    Bacon wrapped sausages
    Sprouts
    French beans
    Swede
    Carrots
    Roast parsnips
    Meat gravy
    Onion gravy
    Dessert:
    Luxury chocolate log

Very nice it was too!
    Breakfast was toast, quorn sausages, beans, tomatoes and fried egg, they also had bacon and meat sausages.
    Snacks have been a couple of biscuits. For drink - coffee, cider and wine.