I need to stop playing

Options
I don't know if this is the appropriate space to post.
I have been on this site for about 11 days, its very nice and I enjoy the tools. the thing is, even though I'm working out way more than it says and eating less(most the time) I'm not loosing weight.
lately I have been bingeing a lot, I think it is because school finals. but I'm tired of this.
I need to stop playing at weight loss and actually achieve it.
is there anyone else who needs or has lost 30lb?

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    When you binge, log it and move on. Don't eat back all your exercise calories because MFP overestimates.

And yeah, I've lost 27, 40ish more to go. You can do this, just get the binging undewr control.
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    School finals is a stressful and busy time, so be gentle on yourself. You have started during the silly season too. Keep logging and you'll notice patterns. I used the first month to gain awareness about my habits and then I made changes.

Perhaps keeping a journal might be useful.
  • Sillyguitars
    Sillyguitars Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    those days... when you eat 527 more calories than you burn... erggggg... it happens when I don't feel good!
  • diannehunt944
    diannehunt944 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Look up LCHF
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Vitaphobia wrote: »
    I have been on this site for about 11 days, its very nice and I enjoy the tools. the thing is, even though I'm working out way more than it says and eating less(most the time) I'm not loosing weight.
    lately I have been bingeing a lot, I think it is because school finals. but I'm tired of this.

Welcome!

I lost 44 pounds and have been maintaining it for a year. I can't believe the success I've had. This is the first time in my life I've been at a healthy weight, as well as the first time I have maintained my weight for a year. I'm darned proud of myself!

I grew up obese, was an overweight adult, and now I'm healthy. If I can do it, so can you!

Quit playing and make that lifestyle change!
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    those days... when you eat 527 more calories than you burn... erggggg... it happens when I don't feel good!

Do you mean you eat 527 calories over your TDEE?
  • Harunan
    Harunan Posts: 22 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Looking at your diary, you're probably not logging accurately. Make sure you're weighing your food and counting everything. Anyway, I've lost 70+ pounds overall and ~50 in the last 6 months. You can do it! :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Welcome!

I lost 44 pounds and have been maintaining it for a year. I can't believe the success I've had. This is the first time in my life I've been at a healthy weight, as well as the first time I have maintained my weight for a year. I'm darned proud of myself!

I grew up obese, was an overweight adult, and now I'm healthy. If I can do it, so can you!

*like*
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Why is a 21 year old male set at 1200 calories? And logging even less than that. You can lose the 30 lbs, but do it safely. I've lost 119 lbs took me 18 months to accomplish it, and I did it eating 1500-1900 calories per day.

Log your food accurately stay at a reasonable deficit and don't try for a quick fix.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Your not accurately tracking your food. Your diary is mostly blank.

you want to stop binging - eat a proper amount of food, but stay in a caloric deficit.
    Eat more protein and fat.

Learn to moderate your intake.
    No one can help you stop binging but yourself.

Take responsibility.

If you really want to lose the weight - weigh and measure all the food/drinks you ingest.
    Stay within your calories - meet your nutrient goals - and move more.

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary---guess what? You are not logging. Yes, you are just playing at weight loss if you aren't going to do the effort. If you want it, you'll have to get serious--logging everything you eat, measuring and weighing all food. I wish you luck whatever you decide. B)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

yes there's lots of us

but we all commit to following the plan

not most of the time, not bingeing, not making excuses .. there will always be an excuse

if you're ready to start to do this.. do it!

just stop fooling yourself that you can half-do it
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    im a smaller female older eating more ive lost 38lbs in under a year so can you but please eat what your body needs to function.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I double dog dare you to get to work and own this shiz!
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Welcome!

*like*
    Aw, thanks. :D

• Vitaphobia
    Options
    I forgot I made this thread, sorry.
    Thanks for the advice.
  • Vitaphobia
    Options
    blueakama wrote: »
    School finals is a stressful and busy time, so be gentle on yourself. You have started during the silly season too. Keep logging and you'll notice patterns. I used the first month to gain awareness about my habits and then I made changes.

Perhaps keeping a journal might be useful.

Thanks for the advice, I keep a very strict journal and I have punishments for going over the limits.
  • Vitaphobia
    Options
    I looked at your food diary---guess what? You are not logging. Yes, you are just playing at weight loss if you aren't going to do the effort. If you want it, you'll have to get serious--logging everything you eat, measuring and weighing all food. I wish you luck whatever you decide. B)

I wonder why, because when I look at my diary all days are accounted for,
    I will make sure to log things more carefully though.
  • WayneBT
    Options
    Chiming in, I started 72 days ago and have lost freakn 32 pounds so far with diet alone! I find it extremely fun to log in everything I eat (right portions of course) and try and stay under that daily number every day. Its super important (to me) to allow myself to eat cheat meals every so often or surrender that and give myself a whole day where I dont care and chow down that bbq that's been teasing my nose all week. Since I've lost enough weight and am near my goal I'm looking into bodybuilding and am truly excited I've started doing MFP daily; it's allowed me to write this post =D

Merry Christmas and good luck!

Btw favorite quote that keeps me going when I am not seeing results:

"Weight loss is a marathon not a sprint".
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

I wonder why, because when I look at my diary all days are accounted for,
    I will make sure to log things more carefully though.

You may be logging something every day, but you need to be logging EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth. Most days you only have a couple items logged, if anything. Where is everything else? And as stated before, why 1200? I'm twelve years older than you, female, and I eat at least 1600 a day.

Read these stickies.
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10012907/logging-accuracy-consistency-and-youre-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants