how many calories did you go over

Options

Replies

• mrslosser
    mrslosser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    1,102- loved every single calorie and now am back on track. ;)
  • BobGetsFit
    BobGetsFit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Went over by about 500 >_<
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    A bunch - but had a weird scale victory - no gain. I love these mornings lol.
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Somehow I came in under calories for Christmas Eve, mostly because I avoided alcohol and cookies. Christmas day? I was doing fine until extreme tiredness led me to a slight cookie binge. I had to estimate that I was over by about 600 for the day.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Over by 2900 and some change- which was perfect- I was aiming for 4K
  • angielisa75
    angielisa75 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Since all I did was eat and drink the past couple of days I didn't even log in. Because I knew I was over my calorie goal.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Was about 300 over maintenance, which I don't think is a big deal.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I didn't bother to log anything except quick added calories based on my guesses (I've been logging food for over a year, so I have a pretty good idea of the caloric content of many foods). I probably went over by around 150-300.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I stayed under my calorie goal. It's safe to assume that I'm unable to pig out like I use to.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    niknak7743 wrote: »
    I drank to forget what I ate lol

This

LOL! That is SOOO true.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I logged the meals but not the cookies and little pieces of fudge here and there. Today starts again! Total days I didn't care turned out to be about 3 - so not too bad.
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    -230 on 24th
    +400 on 25th

But I was already in a deficit from Mon/Tue, so I am in a slight deficit for the week still.

I'm trying to break free from the mindset that I used to have relating to Christmas and any other special occasion for that matter. The holiday, for me, is about going to church and celebrating the religious meaning for me...plus enjoying the more cultural aspects like decorating the house, sharing a meal with family and friends, taking a break from a busy schedule, enjoying a few foods that are tasty but not part of my normal routine like A PIECE of my aunts' pecan pie and fudge or A GLASS of dessert wine, exchanging gifts, holiday music, etc.

I don't try to stay in a deficit, or get too picky about meeting all my nutrition goals (I was VERY carb heavy yesterday since I don't eat the meat), but busting loose and using this as an opportunity for unrestrained gluttony is not appealing to me either.

I'm eating the weight conscious and nutritious way that Im eating because this is really how I want to eat and to live. Healthy food tastes good, is good for me, and moderate eating makes me feel better physically. I like exercise and went for 1-2 mile walks each day (though I did break from the gym). Today I'm eating only the healthy leftovers that I prepared (and some of my usual foods) and am heading out for a long hike in the woods to test out my new camera lens soon. I'm trying to break free of that person who was a sedentary binge eater and who had a dysfunctional relationship with food, no self control.

It is hard because everyone else around me thinks that is weird and I must be suffering terribly and exercising great willpower. But the thing is, I'm not! My perception of what is good has changed, and that is a major victory!
  • mrsgoochy
    mrsgoochy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    >:) 800-1000. Yesterday was brought to us by the letter 'B'. 'B' is for bacon, butter and blubber ;)
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    -230 on 24th
    +400 on 25th

But I was already in a deficit from Mon/Tue, so I am in a slight deficit for the week still.

I'm trying to break free from the mindset that I used to have relating to Christmas and any other special occasion for that matter. The holiday, for me, is about going to church and celebrating the religious meaning for me...plus enjoying the more cultural aspects like decorating the house, sharing a meal with family and friends, taking a break from a busy schedule, enjoying a few foods that are tasty but not part of my normal routine like A PIECE of my aunts' pecan pie and fudge or A GLASS of dessert wine, exchanging gifts, holiday music, etc.

I don't try to stay in a deficit, or get too picky about meeting all my nutrition goals (I am VERY carb heavy since I don't eat the meat), but busting loose and using this as an opportunity for unrestrained gluttony is not appealing to me either.

I'm eating the weight conscious and nutritious way that Im eating because this is really how I want to eat and to live. Healthy food tastes good, is good for me, and moderate eating makes me feel better physically. I like exercise and went for 1-2 mile walks each day (though I did break from the gym). Today I'm eating only the healthy leftovers that I prepared (and some of my usual foods) and am heading out for a long hike in the woods to test out my new camera lens soon. I'm trying to break free of that person who was a sedentary binge eater and who had a dysfunctional relationship with food, no self control.

It is hard because everyone else around me thinks that is weird and I must be suffering terribly and exercising great willpower. But the thing is, I'm not! My perception of what is good has changed, and that is a major victory!
    Best post of the thread! You're not alone in that thinking.

• victoriaalice40
    Options
    350-400 over
  • FlashMorehouse
    FlashMorehouse Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Judging by the damage to my toilet bowl a few million.

Right! I figured I went over by all of them.
  • griffithm1
    griffithm1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    About 3k? Let's just say a lot. :)
  • claptrap_beepboop
    claptrap_beepboop Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yeah about 1k or so :(
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    who knows...who cares?
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    -230 on 24th
    +400 on 25th

I don't try to stay in a deficit, or get too picky about meeting all my nutrition goals (I am VERY carb heavy since I don't eat the meat), but busting loose and using this as an opportunity for unrestrained gluttony is not appealing to me either.

Best post of the thread! You're not alone in that thinking.

Thank you! I have felt a bit alone, especially among extended family that hasn't been around daily to witness the transformation. Ate breakfast with them on Christmas Day. They are still trying to make sense of me ha ha. These are very traditional, rural southerners (USA) who cook with lots of pork fat. And me, the vegetarian, bringing a fruit tray to share. I ate a lot of that fruit ha ha.