2500 calories - how?

Options
1235»

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Sonic has some 2000 calorie milkshakes. One of those plus a burger and fries should be all you need for the whole day.
  • Fishhook2
    Options
    Sonic has some 2000 calorie milkshakes. One of those plus a burger and fries should be all you need for the whole day.

I really don't get your goals here, if you drink a 2000 cal shake and eat a burger and fries that's only gonna be 2500 or so cals. If you are trying to gain weight, you need to eat. Now, I'm not sure, but if you are trying to gain, then you obviously have the same problem I do, you eat gain nothing, because you are active and have a small frame. My nutritionist from the VA said that I should be eating like a garbage disposal (which I do), she said I should eat anything I can, don't worry about what it is, if I see it eat it. If I feel like I can eat, then eat. If you are trying to gain weight, then why do you have a calorie goal? Your goal should be to get as many cals as you can. I average 4500 calories per day and I could eat a lot more than that. On a day off from work, I could easily eat 8000 - 10000. I think you will have a real problem gaining if you only get 2500 - 3000 per day.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Fishhook2 wrote: »

I really don't get your goals here, if you drink a 2000 cal shake and eat a burger and fries that's only gonna be 2500 or so cals. If you are trying to gain weight, you need to eat. Now, I'm not sure, but if you are trying to gain, then you obviously have the same problem I do, you eat gain nothing, because you are active and have a small frame. My nutritionist from the VA said that I should be eating like a garbage disposal (which I do), she said I should eat anything I can, don't worry about what it is, if I see it eat it. If I feel like I can eat, then eat. If you are trying to gain weight, then why do you have a calorie goal? Your goal should be to get as many cals as you can. I average 4500 calories per day and I could eat a lot more than that. On a day off from work, I could easily eat 8000 - 10000. I think you will have a real problem gaining if you only get 2500 - 3000 per day.

If the goal is just gaining weight fast, regardless of whether it is all fat, yeah, a person could just pack in the calories without counting. If the person has a goal like putting on weight but wanting as much of it as possible to be muscle, then you have to be a bit more careful about the amount of calories, and to macros (especially protein).

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Fishhook2 wrote: »

My only goal was to point out an easy way to get to 2500 cals, since that's what the thread asks for. I'm not trying to gain at all, and I'm not sure how you reached such a conclusion from my post.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 1500. If someone gave me 1000 more calories a day I'd think it's Christmas. Chips, Ice Cream, Chocolate Cake, Bacon Double Cheese Burgers, I can go on and on. And if you are wanting to say "healthy", nuts, PB, Avocados, Full Fat everything, Cheese, etc...already, now I'm just making myself hungry and I have to save up room for lasagna and bread tonight...
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Call your favorite pizza place and tell them you want it all.
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    If you're a guy and have trouble with 2,500 calories, you seriously need to put your big boy pants on.
  • watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    vladatwork wrote: »
    The day's almost over, I'm 1400 calories behind and if I so much as see another egg I'll barf.

How do you pack in so many calories daily?

A 24 year old man who can't eat more than 1100 calories is unusual. You should go and get a checkup to make sure everything is okay.
  • FGVC1188
    FGVC1188 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem as OP. I just cannot get enough calories, i need to drink 800 cal mass gainer shake (4 scoops mixed with 16 oz of whole milk) just to break 2000 calories in a day.

There aren't enough hours in the day to get my calories.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    can I just say peanut butter?
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If a low appetite is the issue, peanut butter may not be the best thing since fat is satiating. I've found that for me adding a little bit of peanut butter to something definitely makes the food more filling.
  • Timimbo
    Timimbo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    peanutbutter or any nutbutter or just nuts in general are high in calories.

high fat dairy

high fat meat.

I'm in the same position right now, bout to feast on some prime rib :)

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Drinking cals helps (chocolate milk, juice, whole milk etc), olive oil added to dishes, nut butters, trail mix, lots of carbs helps esp lower fibre ones (less filling), I split up most of my meals into small ones but then have a larger dinner..that works for me, some people prefer to eat huge meals all at once. I am always eating.. always have a snack in my hands. If you are really struggling with appetite, you can try to increase your cals weekly by 100-150 (thats what I did) and your body eventually gets used to the higher intake. You can do it.
  • nzMattO
    nzMattO Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Eating to increase weight, now that's my kind of diet. McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Wendy's....oh you're probably talking about doing it a healthy way....that I can't help with.
  • holdenalarva
    Options
    The day's almost over, I'm 1400 calories behind and if I so much as see another egg I'll barf.

You need shakes built on whole milk, nut butters and coconut oil. Was 145 now 165, did it 1 year lifting heavy weights and skipping breakfast. I'm an intermittent faster so I gained it without much fat.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options

You need shakes built on whole milk, nut butters and coconut oil. Was 145 now 165, did it 1 year lifting heavy weights and skipping breakfast. I'm an intermittent faster so I gained it without much fat.

Ummmm...IF is a method for calorie control, not a magic potion for lean bulking. That would be unicorn farts.