Breast size - are they much smaller after weight loss?

Options

Replies

• pap3rw1ngs
    pap3rw1ngs Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've lost 55lbs so far and gone down from a 38H to a 36G/GG. They're smaller but still huge and out of proportion; I'm pretty sure I'm going to look like a Barbie doll when I'm at goal and small everywhere else but my chest!
  • Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My band size has gone down but my cup size has gone up. I am hoping the last 10lbs sorts them out as my bottom half is a 12 but my top half is a 14 (UK sizing)
  • CeddysMum
    CeddysMum Posts: 101 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Agree with everyone. Mine are much smaller after losing 107 lbs (so far) but genetics do play a considerable role.
    Yes, investing in a good sports bra is a must.
    I, personally, would probably wait with reduction surgery and see how you go after reaching goal. If I could afford it I'd opt for a lift :\
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Honestly for losing 138 lb (and going from size 22/24 to 10/12) my breast size has NOT changed much at all. My band size went from 42 to 36, but I was a DDD and now a DD. I thought maybe I'd at least gotten to D because I do feel a lot smaller in that area, but my breasts totally overflow ANY D I have found.
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest, 215 lbs, I wore a 42 E and spilled out. I am now 177 and wear a 36 G. Way, way smaller, and way, way more saggy.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My first 45 lbs, basically no boob lost. Recently I've been strength training, and it's the first time I have lost actual boob size.
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I always lose weight in my breasts first. My mother was the first to notice that yesterday. I'm currently a 40C and I've lost 8 pounds, so I haven't gone down a cup size yet, but I can fasten the bra in the third hook instead of the first hook now. But as many posters have said, it's all genetics really. If you can, go to a lingerie shop that will really take the time to measure you for a just-for-you bra and you'll really notice a difference.
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Ugh so much. I was 44E, 60 lbs down and I'm 36C.
    At my lowest weight I was still much bigger than a C and I'm still about 20lbs away from my lowest so no idea what's going on there. Just praying I don't loose anymore!
  • lilme21baby
    Options
    I have gone from 42f to 36c lol! Lost 130 pounds tho! X
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Sadly you don't get any say in where the weight goes on or comes off.

50 pounds lost, my boobs (38DD) didn't budge. I have to wait until I finish being pregnant and nursing before I try to lose again. They went up to a 40DDD/E when I was 6 weeks pregnant, and now at 33 weeks the bras I bought are giving me rib pain again so I may have to get more bras to account for swelling by the time she's out and I'm nursing. I know I'm stuck with them until I finish breastfeeding, but I really hope they will shrink down afterward.

When I approach my goal weight if they are still wider than my rib cage I am heavily considering getting a breast reduction as I found out it's covered by my insurance. I was so happy when I first gained and they were a C, but anything larger looks strange on my small torso and non-vanity wise will be harder on my back as I age. I still have a ways to go so I'm still optimistic they will go away after seeing the above posts. I also plan to strength train again it's good to know that might help.

Thank you ladies!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, we don't get to chose. They aren't as important as being healthy.
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    115 lbw, 12-14 sizes (size 18 to size 4-6). I used to rest TV dinners on them and the tray stayed put. Now I can fit both in one hand :(
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    My boob size stayed the same (size 10 to size 4): 34D - maybe I'm a 33 now, but still a D.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    my boobs havent changed except for band size. when I was 140 I was a 38B,when I was 209 I was the same size. now that Im in the 170s Im a 36B,altogether I have lost 33lbs(lost that before joining MFP). mine dont change thankfully lol
  • vgnfarmer
    vgnfarmer Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Mine are smaller than before but still seem to fit my frame. It's like they shrunk in proportion to the rest of me so you really can't tell that they are smaller (if that makes sense)
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I lost a bit over 60lbs, and I went from a 38DD to a 30 or 32 (depending on what I can find) B cup.

Dont even care.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    The surgeon I consulted said he would not do surgery until I was within 10% of my goal weight. I have 40 pounds to go. I am down from a 42 to a 38 and down 2 cup sizes.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My approach to your issue, if it were my own, would to be lose weight to get to where I want to be, and then contimplate any surgical physical improvements, including breasts.
    Here's why ...

Well, you know ... breast tissue has 2 main types of tissues: glandular tissues and supporting (stromal) tissues.

The glandular tissue are milk producing/storing ducts and lobules.

The support tissue of the breast includes fatty tissue and fibrous connective tissue that give the breast its size and shape.

In the course of a woman's life, her breasts will change size, shape, and weight, because of the hormonal bodily changes from puberty to menapause.

When you lose weight, you can expect your breasts to get smaller.

How much smaller your breasts will be after weight loss depends upon the body fat percentage you lose, your breast fat percentage and your breast size before you lose weight.

Whether you want to reduce your breast size or keep what you've got, spot reduction doesn't work.

The amount of change in your breasts after weight loss depends upon your own unique characteristics.

But wait a minute ... I had wonderful breasts when I was in my 20's and 30's but now that I'm in my 60's they are not wonderful at all. :'(

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    ive lost 154lb and gone from a 46E to a 38G