December 2014 walk/bike/jog 100 mile challenge

Options

Replies

• jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Well that's just fabulous! And a lot of grub. :)
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    Forgot to post last night...

3.18 miles

70.1 total miles
  • jeanniewes
    jeanniewes Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options
    great work gruff! really great work!

YESTERDAY I managed only 1 mile as I am still having some neck problems...
    TODAY it has poured the rain all day long.

TOTAL thus far ...............39 walking miles...
    .......................................13.9 exercise bike miles....

I sure hope and pray my JANUARY 2015 is gonna be better than my December has been. My body is improving and as promised my husband I have not over done. I am ready too get down too some serious walking and biking when my body is back too NORMAL!

• jesiann2014
    Options
    Jeannie, January will def be better! A fresh start. ;)

4.5 miles

74.6 total miles
  • gruffdris
    gruffdris Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Managed to get 23miles in yesterday but too many beers. 66 Windy miles with the club today and 40 planned early tomorrow.

Now to relax and eat ready for it. Happy christmas for tomorrow.

cheers jeannie, Have you tried physio or a foam roller to loosen it up?
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    5.28 miles

79.88 total miles

Merry Christmas, guys!!
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    You guys are doing GREAT! Gruffdris We have a heated vibrater which can be pretty aggressive. It helps. I rotate heat with ice. It IS better. At least it does not run from LT rotor cuff too RT rotor cuff. It is localized in the middle of my neck NOW. My husband is an R.N and says I have an injury around the vertebrae. Hopefully it is just an injury from lifting with weak muscles after having the flu. IF it were not better I would be really worried. It is going on2 weeks and I Know this type of injury does not leave just over night. I had a similar injury years ago and had too end up going too Physical Therapy,, I HOPE I don't have too do that!

ANYWAY LAST NIGHT I got in 3 miles on the Exercise Bike...
    TODAY I got in 2 walking miles.......

TOTAL THUS FAR................41 WALKING MILES.....
    ...........................................16.9 EXERCISE BIKE MILES...
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    2.76 miles

82.64 total miles
  • sddar
    sddar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you if that's ok. I know it is too late this month, but I will see how many miles I can get before January instead of waiting for the new year :smile:
  • rphill1
    Options
    I would like to join as well. I do walk regularly but not in any challenge. I'm hoping for some additional motivation to go beyond what I am accomplishing now.
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    Hey Jeannie & Gruff, looks like we got company!! Sddar & rphill1, welcome. Glad to have you guys join us. Jeannie will encourage you to do your best and gruff... Well, gruff leaves us all in the dust. ;) But he's very nice about it!
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    3.93 miles

86.57 total miles

IF I make 100, it'll be by the skin of my teeth!!
    Ok, ok... WHEN I make 100... Lol
  • Kaplat
    Kaplat Posts: 138 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'd like to join too please, getting an early start for January! I walk most days so it will be good to track but mine will be kms, not miles, as I'm in New Zealand. Hope that's ok ;-)
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    Welcome Bill & Kaplat! Gruff, looks like Bill might give you a run (or bike ride) for your money. ;)
    If we were the tortoise and the hare, you guys definitely win the title of Hare. But remember, the tortoise is in it for the long haul. Slow & steady, I say!

But really, glad to have some new pals here. Jeannie, we'll be looking for the January thread soon. (*)
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    1.42 miles :( (sick day)

87.99 total miles
  • sddar
    sddar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Missed posting yesterday so I'll get both

2 elliptical miles and 1 walking mile on 26th
    1.5 elliptical mile and 1 walking mile on 27th

Total 5.5
  • gruffdris
    gruffdris Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the challenge, know its abit on the cold side out there but 1 or 100 miles your still getting up and trying to make a difference to your body and life. Keep at it there is no limit :)

Been riding in different shoes and not set them up quiet right. Few days of knee ache so only 10 miles on boxing day and 27 yesterday. Club ride this afternoon should be another 100+ though if im not in pain. If any one uses strava feel free to add me http://www.strava.com/athletes/1644214
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I'm away just a few day (not away just not online) and look what happens...NEW PEOPLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Dont worry about being LATE. I WILL start another one of these challenges for JANUARY 2015. I've done them for a couple of years now. Someone (a-hem) lol mentioned making it a group? Whatever we will STILL be doing this together...I HOPE...

I will add my last 2 days but RAIN here today as well as our family CHRISTmas. I've been a bit under the weather so we've had too wait until my neck was better...

mall walking Dec 26th...........3.25 miles.....
    Outside wlaking Dec 27th.......3.0 miles with my girls...

TOTAL THUS FAR DECEMBER 28TH...........47.25 WALKING MILES.....
    ...............................................................16.9 EXERCISE BIKE MILES...
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    WELCOME...WELCOME...WELCOME Sddar, rphill, Bill, and Kaplat :) Seeing all you new people HAS MADE ME SMILE...MADE MY DAY...THANK YOU..... :)