How many calories did you have for Christmas? 7,000?

Options

Replies

• AnthonyThrashD
    Options
    5,412 total
  • malindor_
    Options
    I was actually able to keep it to 1400. I was able to sample everything I wanted without going overboard. I'm pretty proud of myself
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My goal (before exercise) is 1200. I ate 2600 on Christmas Eve, 1600 on Christmas Day, and 1500 today. The only exercise I did those three days was a brief (15 min.) weightlifting workout today. I'm under the weather, and really didn't feel like I could do more. So I don't expect to see any weight loss this week, but that's okay. I will feel better soon (hopefully tomorrow I can do more), and will start eating normally again tomorrow.
  • klbrowser
    klbrowser Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    About 1500 from food, and I did about 350 calories of exercise. I cooked the dinner myself this year, which helped considerably. Then my inlaws dropped by today with a ton of their usual calorie-laden fare and filled our refrigerator to overflowing. I'm just gonna let my husband eat all those leftovers.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    alinedera wrote: »
    I used to eat 1300 a day and these days my brother comes back home and my parents are feeding us a lot of delicious and of course unhealty food. I try to keep eating around 1300 each day, of course with full fat foods. I'm wondering, will I gain weight if I eat 1300 with mostly fatty foods?

I don't think so. As long as I stay within calories, the only thing eating crappy food does to me is make me FEEL crappy. The crappy food that makes me feel the worst is high sugar/high fat combo stuff. Doesn't have any effect on my weight, though. You'll be fine.
  • thejoshperson
    Options
    7,000 calories?! howwwwww. I feel gross on days when i eat over THREE thousand calories... I tracked calories both days.. made some guess-timates. Stayed under 2,500 each day and ran on christmas eve.. my goal is around 1,900.
  • PurrlyGirl
    PurrlyGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't actually know. I had a chicken caesar salad for lunch (no breakfast), but it was awful so I didn't eat the chicken, and I don't eat croutons, and only ate maybe a third of the lettuce part. Then I came home and said to hell with being hungry and ate some Cap'n Crunch that my kids had in the pantry. Then that night I baked cookies, and ate more cookie dough than I care to admit.

Wasn't my proudest day of food, but oh well. Wasn't any 7,000 calories though. Probably around 3,000 if I'm being honest, which is twice my budget, but it is what it is. Just gotta keep on keepin' on.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    When I was fat, I ate big portions, at most meals, and regularly overate- got sick, whatever.

Its sort of fun to have an unrestrained day. I didnt get fat because I disliked food ya know.... I joke all the time that I am still a glutton, I just dont look like it now. ;)
  • parasshelawala
    parasshelawala Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    2,034. Tracking as I ate basically told me when to lay off the cookies and beer. :-)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    When I was fat, I ate big portions, at most meals, and regularly overate- got sick, whatever.
    Same, but my body eventually got used to eating like that on a regular basis and I stopped getting full/feeling sick. A few years of eating at a deficit most of the time have fixed this.

I do think I ate around 7k and did feel pretty sick by the end of Christmas Day, but it was nothing a long nights sleep didn't fix. :)
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    like 1500-1600 lol i don't know why christmas has to be associated with binge eating a to of food or eating so unhealthy. enjoy time with family not eat til you can't breathe.
    1635 for me. And I remember reading a thread like this the day after Thanksgiving where people were 'pitying' those who didn't go over 2k calories and even openly mocking them for choosing not to eat gravies, creams and desserts. Anyone who defended those people were mocked as well. I don't understand why it's socially acceptable to be a glutton certain days of the year - as well of worthy of mockery to not be - but any other time of the year it's something to be proud of that one is not a glutton. Not quite double standards, but annoying all the same.
    I agree 100%. I did eat about 25% more on Christmas Day than normal, but at the same time I'm actually trying to build some muscle, so I view it as a win-win situation. And even still, it's not like I ate until I was truly stuffed.
    I can't fathom eating literally double my maintenance calories, getting sick to my stomach in the process, and yet have a long term goal of trying to lose weight! I don't understand how some find that enjoyable.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Same as most others who have posted...in the neighborhood of 3000-3600. Not 7000, although I wouldn't be too surprised if in years past I did get close to that number. Just from getting seconds on everything and lots of rich, high calorie treats...they do add up!
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    goal - 1400, Eve, about 1750, Day about the same. 2 glasses of wine on the Eve, none on the day (home vs traveling, plus I liked my wine @ home better than what Mom had!). Difference this year to last is I limited my cookie intake & had no candy. Enjoyed what I did have, & lost 3.8 lb this week! Going out to dinner w/ the inlaws Monday, NYE party Wednesday, & to my cousin's next weekend, so not out of the woods yet!. I'm enjoying, just being more mindful.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    8k for the 25-26th , 4k per day ..It's Christmas DILLiGAF

:)
  • serafinelaveaux
    serafinelaveaux Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat all that much but MIL puts white sugar in EVERYTHING and I'm not accustomed to eating sugar at all so what little I did eat, I felt like utter crap afterwards. Like, passed out sugar crash comatose crap. Sugar coated ham, sugar in the beans, blarg. I did eat 2 snickerdoodle cookies which have always been my weakness, which was probably what sent me into final meltdown.

The kicker was when someone praised me for "avoiding temptation". I wanted to slap her, though I'm not entirely sure why. Rubbed me really wrong somehow. Must be PMSing.
  • therocpile
    therocpile Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve around 7-8k, Christmas around 10k.
    Go big or go home.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    probably around 22,000 but that's because I went to several houses and I ate a whole sweet potato pie in one night
  • therocpile
    therocpile Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    probably around 22,000 but that's because I went to several houses and I ate a whole sweet potato pie in one night

Full of win. :grin::grin:
    I also went to several houses and I taste tested EVERYTHING!
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve - 1592 and Christmas Day - 1657. Pretty much treated it like any other day and ate the stuff I liked.