Is it only me or is there other woman like me out there???

Options
2»

Replies

• yaitzae1
    yaitzae1 Posts: 12
    Options
    you are not alone!....what i do now...go to the gym, drink lots of water...and this last T.O.M. was awesome i barely had any cravings, cramps? ...what's that?...lol...i definitely see an improvement in my appetite around that time...
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I find it's not as bad as it was before I started eating more healthy and exercising but right now, as I'm about to "start" any second, I could eat about 5 pounds of chocolate! Sometimes it's a comfort thing - I'm crampy and tired and I want something yummy to make me feel better. Sometimes it's just plain old cravings - I used to actually crave liver dring TOM which I think was my body telling me I needed more iron (not sure though).

Something I was taught through WW years ago is to really think about what you want and go ahead and have that one thing in a reasonable portion, log it and then try to move on. Or if you must gorge on stuff, eat fruits, veggies, light popcorn, etc, at least that way it's healthier choices instead of chips and chocolate. And keep up the exercise so at least you're earning some extra calories!
  • joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Options
    I try to drink LOTS of water during the day ( I'm always with a bottle of water in the bag) and to eat fruits or fiber snacks. Drinking water and eating fiber help me walk away from the Chips ahoy :laugh:
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! I think it happens to everyone!
  • Laelee
    Laelee Posts: 36
    Options
    YES! Same here,exactly. I will eat anything and everything but its gotten to the point now that I notice beforehand and am able to take steps to thwart the mad food rampage. When my menu plan for the week starts to include a pasta meal every night,lol, I know to make most of our dinners vegan only, I too also drink a ton of water-sometimes with lime and cucumber slices.
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite, I could probably go those 3-5 days without eating. I have no appetite during my TOM at all. Maybe I'm lucky!
  • hypergrl
    hypergrl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm the same!! But lately, I've been adding chick peas and other legumes to my eating habits and the cravings have lessened. Since they are a very high source of fibre and iron (and protein!), they may be the answer to these problems! If you're not fond of them, you can chop them up into small pieces and add(ie: sneak) them to dishes and they will blend in. You can even puree them into sauces... :wink:

Hope this helps!

THANKZ EVERYONE YOU MADE ME FEEL BETTER, NOW I KNOW I AM NORMAL LOL

6540321.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

I agree try adding food rich in fiber and lots of iron around your TOM. I find I'm alway craving steak, cheeseburgers and things like that around my TOM because I'm losing iron and as I'm anemic to begin with it's my body's way of saying "HEY UP THERE I NEED SOME IRON!"

Give it a shot and I bet you'll notice these cravings diminish, but I don't think cravings will go away completely. I still crave salthy foods like chips (doritos are the enemy at my TOM) and try to drink a bit more water too.
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Agree--today is one of those days and my multivitamin has 50% daily iron per pill and that plus (wow) 15 glasses of water today have made my day better lol
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    no..for me i dont eat as much during that TOM. i feel so bloated already i dont feel like eating. but i do crave chocolate or sweets
  • Carolynsb3
    Carolynsb3 Posts: 12
    Options
    I will have to try some of these great tips! OP what an excellent post. I also get ravenous the week before TOM. Darn you TOM!
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    no..for me i dont eat as much during that TOM. i feel so bloated already i dont feel like eating. but i do crave chocolate or sweets

Thankz girls I do also have to try some of the tips you girls gave me here I think they will help