Options

Replies

• becky4m
    becky4m Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • city_southernbelle
    Options
    Awesome job on your weight loss! You are such an inspiration and I don't know if this has been asked previously but I know many people say slow and steady wins the race but is there such a thing as losing too slowly?

In the past five months I have only managed to lose 25-30 pounds. Its also my second time around of trying to lose the weight and the first time I lost between 40-45 lbs within five months. I know they say if you're a yo yo dieter, its harder each time you try to lose weight again. Is that why I am losing slower this time?
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on your weight loss! You are such an inspiration and I don't know if this has been asked previously but I know many people say slow and steady wins the race but is there such a thing as losing too slowly?

In the past five months I have only managed to lose 25-30 pounds. Its also my second time around of trying to lose the weight and the first time I lost between 40-45 lbs within five months. I know they say if you're a yo yo dieter, its harder each time you try to lose weight again. Is that why I am losing slower this time?
    Deciding on an optimal rate of weight loss is a debated issue. Some people feel slow and steady wins the race. Others point to some new research showing people who lost lots of weight quickly have a better chance of keeping it off. I would not consider 30 lbs in 5 months to be slow. That's over a lb a week. At your current rate you will lose about 70 in a years time. As to why you are losing slower, this probably has a little to do with how much water weight you initially lost and how many total calories you are eating/burning now compared to before.
  • nickperry35380
    nickperry35380 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    dude well done on your goal u look great. how did you achieve this just calorie counting or macro counting aswell ie low carb ?? also how much cardio did you do ontop of your weights what was your normal week schedile for training?
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You're so kind to keep coming back here and answering questions. I'm struggling with the last 15 lbs of the 70 I wanted to lose. Not because I'm not sticking to my calories but because I like how I feel when I eat more and lose weight really slowly. My workouts are much better and I just generally feel better eating more. I feel as though I've discovered the fountain of youth or something. ;)

In December I pretty much managed to maintain with being sick for over two weeks and then the holidays of eating more and exercising less. I'm wondering if going back to my routine of 5 workouts a week and a 15% deficit will get me there more quickly and if I'll still feel strong and healthy while I do it. I do really hard workouts and crave the energy to get through them.

I guess it's not really a question, just a thought process.

Mostly just wanted to say how much I admire your efforts here to help others!
  • PhatGirl8924
    Options
    I wish I could have abs lol. Great job!!
  • janinealderton123
    janinealderton123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Your story is amazing, thank you for sharing. I am only starting my journey.
  • pabhijith
    Options
    Hey I was wondering about this. I am 5'10" and weight around 220 lbs. Lots of bone weight and density with me but that doesnt put me out of the obese section. Anyway, my question is what is your opnion about cycling to lose weight?
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    Fantastic and inspiring. Thanks for the post
  • vismal
    Options
    dude well done on your goal u look great. how did you achieve this just calorie counting or macro counting aswell ie low carb ?? also how much cardio did you do ontop of your weights what was your normal week schedile for training?
    I also track macros but never go low carb. I don't train well on low carbs. I did running when I first started out but I do very little cardio now. My training mostly consists of weights 4-5 times a week.

• vismal
    Options
    pabhijith wrote: »
    Hey I was wondering about this. I am 5'10" and weight around 220 lbs. Lots of bone weight and density with me but that doesnt put me out of the obese section. Anyway, my question is what is your opnion about cycling to lose weight?
    Cycling burns calories, just like any other form of cardio. When combined with proper diet, it's a great way to boost weight loss. When combined with a poor diet, it might not work at all.

• sekhmet13
    sekhmet13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm still in the beginning stages. How soon did you start seeing results? How did you get through the frustration of being stuck (I'm assuming you did at some point in the beginning.) You look awesome!
  • tazmania95
    tazmania95 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How did you do it i would like to lose 80-100lbs but have been struggling have you got any tips.
    Cheers
  • vismal
    Options
    sekhmet13 wrote: »
    I'm still in the beginning stages. How soon did you start seeing results? How did you get through the frustration of being stuck (I'm assuming you did at some point in the beginning.) You look awesome!
    I started seeing results almost right away. After the first 2 months I was done a fair bit of weight and it was visually noticeable. You shouldn't be getting stuck at all in the early phases of weight loss. If you are, it's 100% because you are eating too much. More often then not, it isn't because your calorie goal is too high, but because you aren't calculating calories accurately (not weighing food, estimating portion sizes, etc) or you are having too many cheat meals/days. If you are far along into your weight loss and are stalling, I generally recommend a 2-4 week maintenance break. This is when you raise calorie to maintenance for a few weeks then return to eating in a deficit.

tazmania95 wrote: »
    How did you do it i would like to lose 80-100lbs but have been struggling have you got any tips.
    Cheers
    Read through the thread. It's got pages and pages of tips.

• tbcrocks
    tbcrocks Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    awesome job! looking like zac effron!
  • javierpinedoureno
    Options
    What were your macros to lose weight? What types of foods were you eating to hit your macros?
  • Jennatomum
    Jennatomum Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Thank you so much for this post and for the questions you have answered xxx
  • vismal
    Options
    What were your macros to lose weight? What types of foods were you eating to hit your macros?
    The macros changed vastly throughout the entire process. I usually try and eat around 0.8 grams of protein per lb, .35-.45 grams of fat per lb, then the rest of my calories for any macro I want. As far as foods, I ate what I enjoyed. My diary is open so feel free to browse. I also do a full day of eating video every Wednesday on my YouTube page: http://goo.gl/I6Hi6j
  • csavoy0
    Options
    Wow you look great! Excellent job
  • ashleydv70
    ashleydv70 Posts: 12 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hey I had a question because I tend to get a little OCD trying to figure things out.

Currently I'm 300 pounds. I'm a 24 year old female and I'm 5'8"
    MFP put my calories at about 1710 per day for 2 lbs a week. However, my TDEE is 3100 or so. My BMR is 2100 about. Should I be eating my BMR amount or lower than that- like 1710 as MFP suggests?? Also, if I eat the amount (1710) that MFP suggests, on days I work out should I eat back my exercised calories?? Or just eat 1710 or 2100 consistently? I usually workout for an hour 4-5 days per week.

Thanks for the help! And you look awesome. Super sexy! ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!