p90x - Round 1 beginners

Options

Replies

• markymark39
    markymark39 Posts: 60
    Options
    this was my 5th time thru plyyometrics...and it's still a beast at week 5, whewh....
  • chelsiburnett
    chelsiburnett Posts: 317
    Options
    Just finished Week 2 Day 2 of Plyo!!!! Burned a whopping 634 calories!!! That makes me feel awesome!!! Hope everyone else had a great workout!!!

I just finished it too! And now I wish I was dead lol. Nah but I do kind of feel like I might vomit hah. I burned 602 and am thrilled with that too. Plyo = HELL!

Yeah...I get the throw feeling every time I do this workout!!!! I think I just get so hot and then I am turning around in circles..LOL...I don't know, but it feels good afterward!
  • chelsiburnett
    chelsiburnett Posts: 317
    Options
    this was my 5th time thru plyyometrics...and it's still a beast at week 5, whewh....

I think this workout will always be difficult, but that is good!!! If it wasn't then we wouldn't get the excellent results! I love challenges and this one is definately a challenge!
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Plyo here too.
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    Maybe it just me, but day 2 was slow and hard for me to get up and down from the floor alone. So I'm taking it to the gym for my workouts. For now, I'm done.
  • esisco
    esisco Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Did my first day of plyo today. Wiped me out but it was fun. BTW anyone have any suggestions for good high protein meals?
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Did the yoga this afternoon. I found it kinda boring, maybe I'll like it better next week. What do you all think of the yoga x? Those with HRM, how many calories are you burning?

I sub in cardioX for the yoga, I did not much care for the yoga set.
  • chelios7
    chelios7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Did my first day of plyo today. Wiped me out but it was fun. BTW anyone have any suggestions for good high protein meals?

Not really meals, but two great items that mix well with a lot of stuff: Shrimp and skinless chicken breasts, 3oz of either is about 21g of protein, next to nothing in fat.
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Did the yoga this afternoon. I found it kinda boring, maybe I'll like it better next week. What do you all think of the yoga x? Those with HRM, how many calories are you burning?

I sub in cardioX for the yoga, I did not much care for the yoga set.

It took me a couple weeks, but I actually like it now! Tomorrow is yoga for me and for the first time, I am looking forward to it!
  • mbeach1977
    Options

Not really meals, but two great items that mix well with a lot of stuff: Shrimp and skinless chicken breasts, 3oz of either is about 21g of protein, next to nothing in fat.

Thanks for the shrimp idea!! I've been trying very hard to get my protein in without any powders or bars(mostly because I don't want to spend the money on it!) I've been doing eggs lately in the evening after my workouts as well (1whole egg 3 egg whites and a bit of cheese) 34g protein I just recently found turkey sausage patties (great value at walmart precooked) 120 calories and 9 g protein each.
  • chelios7
    Options
    Here goes nothing!
    30 DAY STATS:

.................Day 1.....Day 30....Difference.......comments
    Weight.... 215.2.......203.4....... -11.8 ...........Pure joy of course! Goal was 10 lbs.
    Chest......42.5..........40.5.......... -2.0.............boobies almost gone
    Waist.......41.5.........40.0........... -1.5............Was expecting more of a change since my pants are significantly looser
    Hips.........44.0.........41.5.......... - 2.5............Is this just a girl thing? I dunno, but here it is.
    Rt Thigh..21.5.........21.0.......... - 0.5............Not really a problem area for me
    Lft Thigh..22.0.........21.5......... - 0.5............Ditto
    Rt Arm.....14.5........14.25........ - 0.25.........Toning my arms, will add muscle eventually, expect this to grow in the future
    Lft Arm.....14.25......14.25......... 0.0.............Well, at they are even now.
    Neck.........18.0........15.75....... - 2.25......... Perplexing. Maybe it's right or maybe I measured wrong 1st time. Strange.

Additional Notes: I gave up Pop and Alcohol cold turkey. I use to drink about a can of pop a day about a year ago but have really cut back to about 3 a week and usually just when we go out to eat. So, I didn't find it all that hard and I don't miss it really at all. Alcohol I thought would be harder, I honestly can't think of a time I went 30 days without drinking since before college. I'm not a heavy drinker by any means but I like a few beers a week and probably a little more during the summer and on the weekends. I also like wine a lot and probably would drink about a bottle a week. I work in the liquor industry as a wine buyer so giving up any booze was a considerable challenge. Weird but just a few times have I craved it, it's been easier then I thought. I'm going to keep going as long as I can but I'm pretty proud of myself to have gone 30+ days now. I think it's helped with the weight loss for sure. I also gave up candy (but I don't consider myself a big candy eater) and high fructose corn syrup which I think is evil. I've avoid anything with HFCS in it, except for once I had some maple syrup with french toast and I kept it to 1 oz.

Meals: Breakfast is pretty much 5-6 egg whites every day. Sometimes with Turkey Bacon and/or a wheat english muffin. Snack is always carrots, string cheese and Chobani yogurt. Lunch, I usually eat shrimp and a salad with chicken or steak strips and another egg plus either an orange or apple. Next snack is a Pure Protein bar and sometimest urkey jerkey. Dinner is some kind of meat dish and maybe a veggie side along with a protein shake to even out my ratios for the day. I don't get bored of eating the same thing most days, never had bothered me, if anything the routine makes it easier. I ignore the temptations at work, most people know I'm dieting.

Water: I've kicked this into high gear, my goal is a gallon a day and I've been surpassing that most days. Weird thing is I am thirsty a lot. I drink 32 oz on the way to work, another 32 before lunch then another over lunch and into the afternoon. I fill it up for the drive home. Drink another 16 over dinner, 32 more during the workout and another 16-20 after working out. It's the only fluid I have except for Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk with my protein shake (sometimes regular skim milk).

Okay, there's my 30 day update. I have pictures and if I can figure out how to post them, I will! Look for them soon.

Keep pushing play!
  • chelios7
    Options
    Okay, hope this works, no snickering!

Front1-30.jpg
    LeftSide1-30.jpg
    RightSide1-30.jpg
    Back1-30.jpg
    BackFlex1-30.jpg
    FrontFlex1-30.jpg
  • LOVINLIFEGUY
    Options
    Okay, hope this works, no snickering!

Front1-30.jpg
    LeftSide1-30.jpg
    RightSide1-30.jpg
    Back1-30.jpg
    BackFlex1-30.jpg
    FrontFlex1-30.jpg

Good for you! you look great, I wish I had taken photos like that to look as great as those. Nice work!

I had golf tonight and had to much to drink I had to be picked up. Man, I hope stilll goes as planned. I dont reget the beers but I wish they didnt do this to me.
  • Amairee
    Amairee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2:

I have been sick these past few days D: oh no! So I've decided to reset my scheduled week, since next week will be recovery for me and I want to make sure I can do this one properly. I did Day 2 again doing Plyo and since I'm still recovering somewhat it was very difficult for me and I thought I was going to pass out more than once. Just could not get the air in properly, so probably was poor thinking on my part lol, but regardless I got through it all and burned a lot!

Should be able to get back into the swing of it now.

And whoo on progress Chelios, you're looking great! :D
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    Options
    Knocked out shoulders/arms this morning :) I had to wake up earlier than normal to get the workout in and I'm proud that I just didn't say "I'll do it tonight at work"...BUT I got my butt out of bed and hammered it out. Tonight, though, I need to do ARX...

Chelios: Great job with those day 30 results! Can't wait to see day 60 and 90....very motivational!
  • mbeach1977
    Options
    Chelios: FANTASTIC results!!!!! I am SUPER jealous! And I seriously LOL'd at the "boobies almost gone" remark!
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Awesome Chelios! You are doing GREAT!!
  • alonnadodd
    alonnadodd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Chelios! WOW!!!!! Great progress!!! Keep up the great work!! You must feel like a million bucks!
  • bowlerbabe770
    bowlerbabe770 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started day 1 yesterday! I WILL be doing day 2 today whether I like it or not!
  • chelios7
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Seeing the pictures side by side really pumped me up and made me feel a lot better about my progress. Notably in my belly which is the area I wanted to attack most, so that's great. Can see my arms have toned a bit more as well as my sides. Surprised at the difference in my face too. Overall, I'm extremely pleased. Just today I saw people at work I haven't seen in a while and they say I'm wasting away. Haha. Love those comments. Can't wait until 60 day progress report!

PEACE!