Weighing In

Options
how often do you weigh yourself in and put it in this website

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of threads on this. It's standard to do once a week for the site. Same time/day and under the same conditions (in the morning, before you eat, after you have used the restroom). You could do it less, and you can do it more throughout the week if you want to watch trends.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning but only enter on MFP on Wednesdays. Every day goes into Happy Scale, though, to track fluctuations.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself several times a day. I log every time I lose a whole pound. I initially planned to log my weight every Saturday, but my first Saturday had TOM weight and I did not need to see that on a computer/phone screen.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    how often do you weigh yourself in and put it in this website

I do the same as Malibu927. I weigh every morning at the same time before eating anything.

I “record” each and every Monday. (also if tracking for a Challenge group). It makes trend monitoring easy. If I weigh Friday morning and show no loss or a tic upwards, I know there is no room for non-healthy extra calories etc.

Been doing this for over a year – and it has definitely worked for me. I do not drive myself crazy. It’s like putting on my socks in the morning.

73641431.png

• mellenthine2014
    mellenthine2014 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Okay great thanks guys!!! That is what I will do :)
  • mellenthine2014
    Options
    where do I put in the new way amount in? I just looked and I only see where I set up my initial weight
  • maram29
    maram29 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Go to your home page and find the section labeled....Check in...
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    where do I put in the new way amount in? I just looked and I only see where I set up my initial weight

You add in the weight under your home page, near the top there should be a area that says check in. It will take you to the page to update your weight and any other measurements if you choose to track them.
  • mellenthine2014
    Options
    mine just says add to diary on my homepage and also a news feed :(
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    Are you on the app or the website?
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I also look at my weight several times a week, but only record it once a week on MFP :)
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    If you're under the app you push the little Myfitnesspal thats on the top left hand corner and it should display a list. Under the list go to goals then it has where you can enter your current weight right underneath where your goal weight is listed.
  • mellenthine2014
    Options
    I am on the app so just change the current weight than? I thought that would change my beginning weight and not recorded correctly
  • mellenthine2014
    Options
    Thank you everyone :)
  • kimkimpel
    Options
    My family started a group challenge about a year ago. We weigh in once a week (every Thursday morning), and report to one general person. We only report loss or gain, not actual weight. (We also put $10 in kitty and whoever has lost most wins.) We go from Jan 1 to July 1 and then July to thanksgiving day. The month of DEC is a freebie!
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If you're on the phone app, the menu item for recording weigh-ins is called "Progress."

I weigh myself every day, but I only log losses into MFP. This is because I have a tendency to lose and gain the same couple of pounds for a while. I don't want my friends to see false losses.

I do howeve record the daily weights in a spreadsheet with a trend line, so even though I may have an up day, I can see that the overall trend is downward.
  • CharleneMarie723
    CharleneMarie723 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I travel for work but use my scale at home only. I'll log each morning I am home, sometimes that's only twice per week, sometimes, it's 4 or 5 days in a row. I like to see the ups and downs and overall progress.