Fast Food

Options
If you have to go out for fast food? Where do you go?? What do you get??

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I try to limit my fast food intake mainly due to sodium and my budget. If I do go out, I'll go to Wendy's and get a small chili and a baked potato. Or I'll get chipotle and get a Chicken bowl with lettuce, brown rice, black beans and a very small amount of cheese.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Five Guys cheeseburger with the works, no fries, diet soda :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't- because I'm cheap.

I only go out for sushi- steak or mariachi- which is a local Mexican place.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Fast food is trash food.... unless it's Chipolte.

I strongly believe in IIFYM.... but, FF is just mind blowing bad.

1. You really have no idea what you're eating
    2. the calories on website or on the wrapper are loose as hell
    3. most "meat" on a burger, isn't real meat.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I go where I want and get what I want.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    tigersword wrote: »
    I go where I want and get what I want.

^^^ This!!!

Lost 121 pounds!! ;)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I don't go too often because there's six of us and so even taco bell is like 50 bucks - but if I sneak away with a friend there's a yummy fast tri tip place in the mall, and I get a tri tip cheeseburger and fries....mmmmmmmm. I love burgers, but good burgers - mcdonalds, wendys, etc isn't worth it to me. I detest fast food salads.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Five Guys cheeseburger with the works, no fries, diet soda :)

This, except add the fries. None better
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I guess I would get a grilled chicken sandwich and a diet soda or water, then throw out the bun and just eat the meat. :/ bleh. I avoid fast food like the plague.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have successfully avoided fast food in the last year or so. But I guess I'd have some fresco tacos at Taco Bell or a chili at Wendy's. I don't consider Chipotle, Panera etc fast food though, but then they'd get my vote (just not subway, although I haven't tried the salads, I'm just not a fan of the bread for the calories).
  • waterbyrde
    waterbyrde Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Smashburger - Smashchicken with spinach, goat cheese, and balsamic on a whole wheat bun. Veggies frites (half a basket) if I'm hungry.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't get fast food that often. Usually I would get stuff from a place with sandwiches. I get a smaller sandwich, unsweetened tea, maybe something on the side... depends on what fits my day.
  • tannatannabobanna
    tannatannabobanna Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    dbavaro150 wrote: »
    If you have to go out for fast food? Where do you go?? What do you get??

Chipotle, Mama Fu's, Subway, Panda Express.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Original chicken sandwich at Burger King - the fried one, on a big bun with mayo and all. It's a ton of cals/fat so it takes up a ton of my daily allotment...but I love it so it's worth it, and I usually have a BOGOF coupon for my mom and I to each get one.

Most of the time though if I get fast food it's a local Mexican-style place (think Taco Bell BUT with all fresh ingredients), and I generally get a small bean burrito, massive ground beef burrito, or a tostada depending on where I am that day with calories.

Others I get once in awhile...

Schlotzsky's veggie pizza
    Schlotzsky's small original
    steak burrito bowl w/ just beans, rice, lettuce & sour cream (Chipotle, Moe's, Qdoba, etc)
    a gyro with no sides and tons of cucumber & onion
    Steak N' Shake double burger w/ mustard, pickle & lettuce
    Freddy's Custard single burger w/ same
    Wendy's chili and/or 4 pc nugget
    Wendy's novelty-type salads (in the summertime mainly)
    Subway egg flatbread w/ all of the veggies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    Usually opt for grilled chicken, no fries or soda. Chik-fil-a would be my go to place, but I try to avoid it. Who wants to pass up waffle fries?

I broke up with Chick-Fil-A when the large grilled nuggets, smallest fruit cup and a water came to almost $10. I can go out for Thai for that price, and if it's lunchtime I could get Mexican for that AND treat a friend...lol

• gshifrin
    gshifrin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Chopped salads at Subway are pretty good. I prefer the seafood topping, but they'll do any sandwich as a salad. Just go light on the dressing.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Typically I don't. On the off chance that I do it's Panera and usually the half sandwich with a side salad. OR sometimes we'll get the Little Caesars Hot & Ready pizza.

I live in an area where there are no fast food places close by. Even if I want Burger King late at night when I'm drunk our local bar where we typically go is no where near anything like that and if I really want it I would have to drive 45 min (round trip) just to get something.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    subway, taco del mar, wendys cashew chicken salad
  • dbavaro150
    Options
    Thanks guys!!