Christmas weight gain albs

Options
2»

Replies

• gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It would be water. Also, men don't ever have a problem with waterweight. They don't have that time of the month. And all through the months are bodies are fluctuating.
  • lisac195
    lisac195 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I realized that a lot of the food I was eating over the holidays was higher in sodium than what I normally eat so I am pretty sure that could be most of your problem. Drink your water, eat your calories for each day, and get some exercise and then weigh again. I am pretty sure you won't have nearly as much of a gain as it appears. Don't be so hard on yourself. Even if you are up a couple of pounds it is not a problem. Start over.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    It would be water. Also, men don't ever have a problem with waterweight. They don't have that time of the month. And all through the months are bodies are fluctuating.

too true men never put on waterweight..
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If you go from being in a deficit to being in a surplus it is common to gain some water weight as well as extra weight from glycogen being stored in your muscles. In all probability you gained less actual fat than you think.

Also I am a man. And I so do put on water weight. Maybe we are somewhat less likely to be prone. But we are hardly immune.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    It's water! It most of it it anyway. I gained a bit but it's gone now, in fact I lost 0.4 ounces.

Just reweigh next week.
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I lost. I have a strong desire to lose weight and no amount of pie on the table can stop meeee!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    brwelch1 wrote: »
    I lost. I have a strong desire to lose weight and no amount of pie on the table can stop meeee!

Me too. Down 1.2 on Saturday after the aftermath. Mom even brought my favorite macaroons and I refused to touch even one.

But no, OP, it's water weight. Get back on normal eating and I swear it will go back down quickly. Your body was used to what you were doing before and after the "free for all" you put it through it's rebelling.

• YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    As someone who is up 4lbs after two days of letting go a little for 2 meals (not quantity as much as choices ...darn you cheese and bacon wrapped sausages and nibbles) I have to say it's not real!

Get back on the bandwagon

Don't try to make up for it with fewer calories

Drink lots of water again and weigh again in a week

^^This^^ And I am right there with you at 5 up...I blame the booze.. :-1:
  • colinacoco
    colinacoco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I went from 168 to 172 over a few days and didnt eat massively too much. Im pleased if its water weight and however, im trying to slowly get back on track!
  • bianca_gardiner
    bianca_gardiner Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    tigerlily_ wrote: »
    Same here! I've been really good for the last month, but eaten so much over the past 4 days! (Even surpassed 3,000 calories on Christmas Eve, jeez). I'm definitely not weighing myself for at least another week until the water weight and bloat has had time to settle. And I'm back under my calorie limit as of today. :)
    I also ate wayyy over at Xmas, 4000 plus on one day, but just getting back to it today. Was on a once in a lifetime holiday, then overate more and massively because I felt bad about my previous days of over eating. Silly really.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Life has been a little crazy busy, so I missed two weekly weigh-ins, and finally stepped on the scale this morning, knowing that since the last weigh-in I have had more than a couple days of eating around 1000 calories over maintenance (partially just enjoying the holidays, and partially intentionally, as I've been battling bronchitis for about 8 weeks, and I finally decided my body needs the energy for recovery). I was thrilled to only be 1.5 lbs heavier, and I'm feeling pretty much recovered, so life is good.
  • holyfenix
    holyfenix Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Where is the lost weight over Christmas and Thanksgiving thread? Pretty sure magic took place in my instance
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    4lbs over the course of a week. Not bad, really, considering how much I ate! XD So, back on the bandwagon for me.
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i gained 5lbs over a week, ive cut back to make up for it now. Got 17lbs to go till goal, seems miles away now :(
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    holyfenix wrote: »
    Where is the lost weight over Christmas and Thanksgiving thread? Pretty sure magic took place in my instance

I lost weight over thanksgiving and stayed the same about during Christmas. (technically I lost weight but I was bloated the day before Christmas and gained 2 pounds lol so I don't count that)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Most, if not all of the weight gain is water and more waste than usual in your system. People always seem to forget that if they eat more, they're naturally going to have more waste in their systems...and that waste has mass and thus weight.

True fat gain is actually a pretty slow process and doesn't happen overnight just because you ate too much ham and had too many beers. To put on one pound of actual fat, you'd have to consume roughly 3,500 calories in excess of your maintenance calories...for me that would equate to about 6,300 calories...and even then, it doesn't happen overnight, the human body is an awesome machine and goes to great lengths to maintain the status quot...you have to consistently under-eat or over-eat to override your body's ability to maintain energy balance.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I gained ten pounds (some of it was over consumption & the rest was from sodium & the TOM).
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    My 4lbs gained in 2 days went just as quickly

It's mainly water weight / food weight

Take heart
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Don't worry! I "gained" four pounds spending Christmas Eve and Christmas with family. I'm already back down 2 lbs. It's just water/sodium going crazy.
  • fallenangel316
    Options
    Im up 5 pounds from the holiday meals and goodies and such.. but im like “meh its Christmas”. I have a feeling to most of it came from alcohol consumption to.. LOL. But I am fine with that.. I will just take it as a little bump in the road, pick myself up and carry one.. tomorrow is a new day..