I don't trust myself anymore

Options
2»

Replies

• lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    There are as many reasons to lose weight as there are weight losers. Health is a big one, but if you're young and have no health problems, it may not be very motivating long term. Appearance seems to be as popular as health, but it's so easy to say **** it when the going gets tough, when you're down on yourself already.

Fear is one that speaks to me (although it's related to health, but future health)...I fear that excess weight and sedentary habits will end me up disabled. I picture an elderly relative with dangerously poor mobility from nothing other than self neglect.

Why are you trying to lose weight? What drives you to take on the challenge time and again? It helps a lot to stay on track when you have a reason that really matters to you. It could be something like a desire to be that person who takes on a mission to lose weight and actually does it, when so many others don't.

Think on this and maybe journal it, so you can go back and remind yourself.
  • rosey557
    rosey557 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!or rather jumped boat! I've been like this for about 2 weeks ,but its easier to take it one day at a time.I've got no self confidence at all.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    shrug - you keep crying wolf and then showing us a puppy.

You wanna trust yourself? Stop doing fad diets that look like an easier version of the real thing and finally put some real effort and power into what you say you're gonna do.

Do it the real way now. No more diets with names. No more crying wolf.