What's your Grab and go breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and home made grainless granola, and a slice of gf bread with almond or peanut butter. I eat breakfast at 8am but I don't eat lunch until 1pm and I am not allowed to take snack breaks so I have to eat enough to keep me going until lunch. If I have time I make a cheese and veggie omelet and toast.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Breakfast shake consisting of:
    two scoops protein powder
    one cup of oats
    5 grams bcaa's
    ~8 grams of creatine
    one scoop of chia seeds

I mix it up the night before dry, and add water on my way to work.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    nutrigrain bars or a muffin
  • drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Slice of low fat toast and peanut or almond butter OR overnight oats (I make 3-4 jars of these on Sundays) OR a 100 calorie Greek yogurt. Sometimes I eat in the car on my way to school (teacher) sometimes I eat at my desk when I get there and I don't eat again until 10:45-that's my first break, so I have to go from 8am until then. I'm usually STARVING by then! Teaching must burn a lot of calories!
  • Bridget65202
    Options
    I leave REALLY early, not usually hungry, so I pack containers with an ounce of almonds or walnuts and stick one in my pocket to eat on the drive in. Black coffee makes it all work.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    quest bar. every day. never gets old.
  • shellyae
    shellyae Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Paiger816 wrote: »
    I make a bunch of "McMuffin" type sandwiches in advance.

100 Cal Thomas English Muffin
    Morning Star Veggie Sausage Patty (Can also use Jimmy Dean)
    Slice of cheese
    Eggs

I actually buy liquid eggs (saves time!) and pour them in a jelly roll pan, bake @ 350 for 15 mins. I then use a drinking glass to cut out circles of eggs. I toast all the english muffins, add a slide of cheese, egg, and a frozen sausage. Then I wrap in in parchment paper and freeze them. Grab them, nuke them for 1 min 30 secs, and go!

If they're drying out at all in the microwave, wrap them in a damp paper towel before microwaving.

It takes about 30 mins to make all of them, but I usually make 15 at a time.

Great idea. I will have to try this.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Banana and a granola bar is my "grab and run" breakfast when I am late.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Could you make your eggs in a muffin pan to get that same circular muffin size youre looking for?
  • FINAO30
    Options
    I like a Banana !
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Quest bar and coffee, maybe a banana. Sometimes I put half a protein shake IN my coffee and take a banana with me. I also like those Kay's naturals protein snacks. Cinnamon toast sticks or the cinnamon or honey cookie bites are good--120 calories and 12 grams protein. Those are truly grab and go, but if I have the time I will make instant oatmeal and stir in greek yogurt or make a ham-egg-cheese taco or thin sandwich.
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I bought a Shake n Take and make smoothies from it!
    Or I get Greek yogurt (obsessed with it), toast with PB with milk, or a banana/any fruit I see.
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    2BeHappy2 wrote: »
    Could you make your eggs in a muffin pan to get that same circular muffin size youre looking for?

Don't know why you couldn't
    http://thefinishedplate.com/baked-eggs-in-a-muffin-tin/

For sandwiches, I'd probably break the yolks and give them a quick stir, then bake until completely firm. Maybe I'll have to do this. I used to bulk-make breakfast burritos a lot.

• kelsuha89
    kelsuha89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    a packet of carnation instant breakfast with 1 cup of milk in a shaker bottle - filling, and easy for on the go.
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    banana 1-2% milk and protein scoop. Roughly 500 calories.

Somedays a clif bar and a monster...also roughly 500 calories but lots of sugarz.

When i have 10 minutes, cup of oats, milk and 6 eggs with a couple ounces of cheese...about 800-900 calories.
  • brosis85
    brosis85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would say a quick breakfast depends on whether you are going to be able to eat when you get to your destination or not. For example, if you are going to workout ... grab an apple for before and some chocolate milk or a protein shake for after. If you are just going to work, grab something that you are able to prepare once you get there.

I am one of those 'roll out of bed and out the door people' because I wake up at 330am. I have my protein powder in my magic bullet ready to go, throw in some ice, avacado and water, blend it for like 20 seconds and out the door I go! Nutritious, when the first thing you eat in the day include fat instead of carbs, it also tells your body to burn more fat throughout the day because its the first signal sent to your metabolism!

Cheers!
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Muscle milk protein shake (the 40g of protein ones from the convenience store), fage plain greek yogurt, or pre-made egg muffin cups. I always have them on hand.
  • carlosjenno
    carlosjenno Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    If I've got no time or need to get out for a run, wholemeal bread and peanut butter with sliced banana. Mug of black coffee. Power food.

If I've got time, porridge, banana and peanut butter. Mug of black coffee.

If I'm being indulgent or as a post LSR treat, buttered crumpets and a bucket of sweet tea. Mmmmm!

• Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Vegemite and butter on wholegrain toast.